Does Jow Forums like HP Lovecraft? He was considered preposterously racist even in the 1910s...

Does Jow Forums like HP Lovecraft? He was considered preposterously racist even in the 1910s, and he forced his editor to use British spellings of words because he thought England had the only true civilization in the world. In his mind, America was an acceptable second rate knockoff, and all other countries were garbage, especially (for some reason) Quebec.

Attached: 220px-H._P._Lovecraft,_June_1934.jpg (220x270, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LfxpyUJEaQI
imdb.com/title/tt0264508/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Quebec_and_the_Stars
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

if he hated niggers, why did he name his beloved cat niggerman?

youtube.com/watch?v=LfxpyUJEaQI

Of course I do.
I've read most his works, with the exception of the Case of Charles Dexter Ward.
I own an anthology.

It's funny to troll retards by insisting he's racist

Attached: C45rmjqUoAAYWPu.jpg (615x361, 40K)

He was quite xenophobic because of his upbringing, but he did tone down his racism heavily as he grew older

>he hated niggers
the reanimator hated niggers
don't confuse the writer for the character

yeah cuz i hate niggers

btw no, i don't care for him, he's not good enough like Poe or Bierce, but also not bad. just mediocre

Well, his major theme is the inherited curse, which is a mix between heritable mental illness (rats in the walls, for example) and racial pollution (shadow over innsmouth, for example).

He wasn't that racist, his wife was a jew

You do realize that doesnt matter do you?

What?

Attached: HP Lovecraft.jpg (458x288, 54K)

I like lovecraft themed games or moview, but I just can't force myself and read his books, I'm getting sleepy really fast. That's weird because I've red Icewind dale trilogy.

>And the sight of this aberrant, wretched thing, it was so hideous that (protagonist) thought he would go stark raving mad. It had...Well it can't be described in terms a human can understand see, but truthfully it was horrible. Just an awful sight, the sight of this unseeable thing that (protagonist) now gazed upon, though its attributes cannot possibly be described here
>It was worse than a nigger
Why do so many people love Lovecraft's lazy writing?

It does. He supposedly hated Jews yet married one. Obviously he wasn't as racist as he'd have you think

>Lovecraft himself adopted the stance of atheism early in life. In 1932, he wrote in a letter to Robert E. Howard:

>All I say is that I think it is damned unlikely that anything like a central cosmic will, a spirit world, or an eternal survival of personality exist. They are the most preposterous and unjustified of all the guesses which can be made about the universe, and I am not enough of a hairsplitter to pretend that I don't regard them as arrant and negligible moonshine. In theory, I am an agnostic, but pending the appearance of radical evidence I must be classed, practically and provisionally, as an atheist.[123]

Edgy.

And it's probably very influenced by the fact that his parents died from syphilis because his dad was Fucking prostitutes on the side, and he was later adopted by his batshit insane aunts that probably blamed it on the black prostitutes and constantly scared the shit out of him by saying that his dad may have gotten the disease before he was conceived and that Lovecraft may have contracted it when he was born, he obviously didn't but it scared the fuck out of him

Hes the incel that made it to fame

It's because he manages to create a great atmosphere, that the (lack of) description manages to work very well.
I know that /lit/ hates him, but he hadn't deserved it. Take the Music of Erich Zann, Rats in the Walls, the Color out of Space, or some other of his greater novels, and you'll see that he was great.

>especially (for some reason) Quebec
Based

But he's not an incel, he got a qt Jew waifu
Plus he has friends with the mega Chad that was the author of Conan the barbarian

Well he also valued culture over race

Yeah, I know.
I didn't mean it in the sense of judging him. I enjoy his writing and that particular theme very much, the racism aside. I don't think he was a bad person.

Clearly not for everyone

For being a weird looking autist, his wife wasn't bad looking

Attached: Sonia_Greene.jpg (220x282, 13K)

he was the first writer whose works I really got into
started reading his short stories around age 14, shortly before that Call of Cthulhu game came out in 2006
still waiting for a good movie adaptation of one of his novels

Oh yeah Definitely, I just really like how exactly do writers end up focusing on certain themes

Lovecraft was a racist in principle and open minded in practice. A consequence of his deeply romantic worldview.
I like his ideas, but his writing is meh and you need to be willing to overlook some flaws to enjoy it.

>before that Call of Cthulhu game came out in 2006
Man, I'm trying to play it but I can't for the love of me pass the Shadow over Innsmouth escape sequence. By the time I push the first wardrobe aside, they are already on me. I tried all the time-saving ideas, but the walk is just too slow.
Yeah, I agree

He's overrated and his """horrors""" are extremely dated, considering that what he considered to be """horrors""" are now made into memes or, (like transhumanistic trash) are looked forward by many.

Dagon not good enough?
imdb.com/title/tt0264508/

luckily they never bred children with giant jaws

He sounds like an int poster

I thought it was pretty shitty. I still have it on DVD tho

can't help you bro, it was a very long time ago since I last played that game

>especially (for some reason) Quebec
Nothing new under the sun, subhuman anglos have been perpetually butthurt because of our very existence for centuries now.

Attached: 1394591468171.png (3284x1436, 1.28M)

>and all other countries were garbage, especially (for some reason) Quebec.
Only thing I could find relating to him and Québec was this: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Quebec_and_the_Stars
Are you sure this isn't unfounded?

The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath is a magical novel,highly recommended