Why did Brits stop speaking cultured and posh?

Nowadays they sound like so crude and uneducated. Like they open their mouths and you're standing there wondering whether they'd dropped out of elementary school to pursuit their dream of binge drinking or something

What happened?

Attached: index.png (318x159, 2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lEA8KEGJbvo
youtube.com/watch?v=jWvwjVzCAW4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The underclasses always spoke like that.

nothing you just became exposed to it, retard

the average brit wasn't ever like that, just with stuff like television and the internet you've been exposed to the middle and working class that you would not have seen before unless you visited the country

2 or 3 centuries went by.

Does the accent really have any benefit outside of asesthetic?

Attached: 1528432296410.png (863x720, 631K)

'o wan sound ike a fekin poof m8 speakin ther aitches & what not
I can't do fake british accent help me out someone

The BBC banned everything but RP on the radio and t.v

there are a lot of british accents so just choose whichever is easiest for you

should've kept it up too, maybe encouraged some people not to speak like utter retards

because there is no more brits, only muhammeds, blacks and mutts

Nothing changed. If anything, more people today are well-spoken.

Like said, you've just become more aware of it. This country has always had a huge variety of accents.

this

>Nowadays they sound like so crude and uneducated. Like they open their mouths and you're standing there wondering whether they'd dropped out of elementary school to pursuit their dream of binge drinking or something
It has always been like this for the low class.

North Americans like the working class accents more than the posh kind

As a Brit, i have made sure i'm capable of speaking the Queen's English in the correct company.

Being articulate is one of my primary life philosophies, though i am naturally more common-spoken.

Sounds more Australian to me.

She's a minger innit

Attached: web-ali-g-getty.jpg (968x681, 97K)

we never did speak posh, RP isn't an accent, it's a trained way of speaking that the upper classes use.
britain has a ridiculous amount of accents, i shit you not you can tell what town somebody is from just by their accent, even if the towns are only a few miles apart.

the most powerful accent in the UK is the lancashire/bolton accent
youtube.com/watch?v=lEA8KEGJbvo

fuck off, people suck off scotland when they speak like mongs all the time

they want to sound like yardies. it's all because of london

>the most powerful accent in the UK is the lancashire/bolton accent
this 100%

scottish is one of the least faggy english accents

faggy=posh
but apparently JFs all want us speaking like downton abbey

that's why northern accents are the best desu. they don't sound faggy, but they don't sound chavvy. they're a nice middle ground.

>Does the accent really have any benefit outside of asesthetic?
Well yeah. Those with pleasing accents and distinguished way of speaking automatically project an image of themselves to others as erudite, reliable persons. And people respond positively to that. That is a very valuable skill.

>yardies
explain yourself?

>Scottish
>English accent
The utter STATE of you.

sounds more like NZ to me but I havent been there in a long time

Yardies? More like people want to sound like roadmen you get me? You know them ones, yeah? Liberties.

Do you think if you went into a sailors' pub in the 1800s that people there talked like some literary club meeting?

youtube.com/watch?v=jWvwjVzCAW4

Classic.

Attached: 1514483106600.png (586x431, 47K)