Why does making a simple phone app cost fucking $30,000

I have a kickass business venture I'm going into. This business would work 100x more efficiently if I had an application to help run it, but all app devs charge around 30k for a simple phone app. What the fuck

Attached: 15253947518531161604460.jpg (5312x2988, 3.49M)

What is the app?

Just a basic delivery app. Picture like a pizza stores phone app.

I'll work on it for $60 an hour.

Attached: why-the-fuck-everything-cost-money-18041138.png (500x550, 141K)

Luld
Real talk though were at a stage where you can make as much as a doctor by learning how to code with swift and making doodle jump games for retards.

>30k
>100x efficiency

what's the problem?

There's no problem. It's just more so I'm in shock how much it costs to make such a simple app. Think about all the apps on your phone. You probably have 10 at least. All of those took tens of thousands to make and most don't even make a penny because they're so shit.

if you think labor is expensive enough to complain about then build it yourself faggot

You can be the next video game streamer and make it big. The internet has opened up so much.

You're paying someone for knowing how to build an app. You can probably get it cheaper though, especially if you outsource it to a pajeet.

Who said anything about streaming

it costs $0 to build an app.
it costs $30000 to get someone else to build an app

No you can't.

To do that you need to upload 10min videos every day of the latest trendy trash, keep ontop of the freshest memes and beat the traffic filtering.

And you are here so we both know that's not happening.

Was told pajeet will cost a fraction, but the work will be less polished and the time differences can cause issues when it comes to communication.

>im the business ideas guy. i need to find some coder nerd to build the program for me

If you’re good at something, never do it for free

Lol I can code, just not well enough to make this

>Lol I can code, just not well enough to make this
Then you can't do it. Pay for it.

That's the plan. Gonna sell some SUBies

sticker shock at 30K for an app? Have you shopped around? 30k sounds a bit high, but still within reason. I sold some dumbass Microsoft Access database program to a company for 20K, 2 years ago. Look around. You could probably find some wily coders to do it for under 10k. But you are gonna pay a nice chunk of change for something usable.

I'm just going to go without the app initially and once Revenue starts to flow in I'll throw a pitch to some Jews to fund the app once I can show how well it works

Lol, idea guy, if you can't afford to pay $30k, then there's no way you can afford to market the app either.

App/web dev here. Because there's not that many people that do it and because for something as complex as an app, you're either dealing with a client's micromanaging unimportant shit or you're dragging them along, gambling on major decisions for them.

That and it's a fucking hassle to get things in to the app store.

I'll make it for 1000 EOS

Spend $5k on getting someone to teach you how to code simple phone apps. Code simple phone app.

another "idea guy"

dev is expensive. otherwise your risk a nightmare/disaster if you outsource overseas.

sorry man, its hard to do and its pricey. what I would recommend i seeing if you can find a technical founder and offer them decent equity. they might be game.

Marketing is cheap if you're not a brainlet

yea, took me 9 straight days of hammering, resubmitting, and changing every little BS detail they had an issue with.and they only review once every 24hrs, so if you are pressed for a launch its very stressful.

jesus

i'm a web dev pajeet. can i charge that kind of money if i do things right?

i mean i would charge like $800 to do a web app (not a mobile app) that did something like that

jesus. where do i find these clients

my buddy worked with a company called antiblank who seemed cost effective and bretty gud. maybe hit them up to see if they can quote you less

I make apps. I spent about 3 years learning how to code efficiently. I can make an app on android or ios. How about you spend about 5k hours learning how to make things work. Then I'll pay you 1k to make my app you dumb fuck. "Hey guys my doctor charged me 100 dollars just to listen to me breathe why does he charge so much it only took 5 minutes?" Sadly, you are not a special kind of biz.

This. Pay up, OP

>MUH SEO

Doing affiliate marketing with your stupid blogs is not the same trying to sell a completely new product.

fuck you winklevoss

It costs so much because skilled labour is expensive
How much do you value your own time? Is it worth spending 500+ hours learning to code? If yes, then either hit the books, or write a decent business plan and get investors on board

>wtf professional contractors cost money!?!?!?

Developing applications takes time, and there's support, and everything else. That's literally cheaper than most software development companies will cost you to do less work.

>Web dev pajeet

No one pays money for websites. There's so many tools out there that people can buy to build their own websites without any knowledge.

Phone applications are harder to write because you have to consider different platforms, different resolutions, you need to know both Objective C and Java unless you just want to develop for one type of phone.

And .net website building is completely different than application development. Not only that, if you want some sort of server to host data, you need to design that as well.

Building a fully functional phone app is a shit ton of work.