Ok guys, I'm having a bit of trouble deciding whether to learn Chinese or Japanese, and wanted to know your opinion

Ok guys, I'm having a bit of trouble deciding whether to learn Chinese or Japanese, and wanted to know your opinion.

Keep in mind that I don't like animu very much, and the reason why I want to learn these languages is to read and write. On one hand, japanese seems like a much more aesthetically pleasing language (phonetically), but the writing is extremely inconsistent and makes my blood boil; on the other, I like how chinese only uses hanzi, but there seem to be significantly less resources online to learn it independently, and despite china having nearly half the world's population, I am under the impression they don't produce much art (be it music, books, paintings...), and since my motivations are artistically inclined, this is a big deal.

Opinions?

Attached: 1517349253147.jpg (768x1024, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bilibili.com/video/av1296897/
youtu.be/M_yxGdBLXLI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

learn spanish

>but there seem to be significantly less resources online to learn it independently

The HelloChinese app is better than any free Japanese resource I've seen.

Weeeeeeb

You'll probably find Chinese easier than Japanese.

The grammar is much more simplistic.

If you started with Japanese already you might go for it. Specially because Japan produces a lot of music and plastic art, also urban design and architecture. China do have arts and music but because of the internet blocking, the no need for Chinese to share their culture to the world and alo the huge cultural difference, you'll have to be taught by a Chinese teacher in a course. Just rely on internet as a complementary resource.

Japanese have no accents at all, while Chinese have a lot and you'll have to remember the specific Kanji for each accent. Japanese is not a well planned language, it has retarded way of pronouncing foreign words, and the use of Katakana might appear even on Japanese words, so it can be annoying how influenced the language is by English.

>tfw learning both in my university because my major is Asian Studies
Envy me

Attached: 1523030187394.jpg (1600x1203, 148K)

>my major is Asian Studies

Attached: zpp.jpg (400x386, 31K)

I love every second of it btw. Going to Japan with a scholarship of €900/month next year, free dorm and tuitions fees paid at my local university
Not sure why you're laughing

Attached: 1525018055031.jpg (666x660, 105K)

what comes after school?

>leaning chinese
You do know chinese isn't a language, right?

They will offer me a scholarship to make a master's degree in Japan of my choice as long as my score is good enough (above 75%) which I currenctly have

Attached: 1530844980050.png (736x860, 666K)

>music
bilibili.com/video/av1296897/

If you learn Japanese, everyone will think you are a weeb and you'll only work for Japanese firms.

If you learn Mandarin Chinese (I assume), then you will probably get a good job pretty soon. However, you will only deal with Chinese firms.

It's up to you, but Mainlander Chinese are scum of the Earth. You might as well stick with Japanese and not have an aneurysm every day of your working life.

from a business standpoint, with China being the second largest economy and investing all over the world, i think Mandarin will probably provide more use for you.

Chinese just sounds like the better option, if anything you'll have guaranteed employment knowing both Portuguese and Chinese and the writing system isn't absolute autismo like Japanese
plus you'll never get accused of being a weeb

Attached: Sinoboo vs Weeb.png (500x518, 248K)

I think that is still school user, are you planning on going into academia, or becoming an english teacher?

You could just learn C++ and start making money.

>You could just learn C++ and start making money.

if things were that simple, the world would be a lot better off

Chinese ofc

If your motivations are art you should definitely choose Japanese. Japan produces gigantic amounts of media for basically any taste you could imagine, no matter how underground or bizarre it is.

Chinese is probably better for business but then you would have to work with Chinese people and you will want to kill yourself.

Chinese are really shitty people tho and you will regret dealing with them.

Driving a garbage truck

Attached: konatathumbsup.png (900x616, 354K)

youtu.be/M_yxGdBLXLI

Based. Best character

OP here

Fun fact: I've been programming for about 12 years (professionally as well), and I do know C++.

I don't deny that Chinese is better for business, but, as I said, my focus is on creative outlets and art in general. And there's also the thing about chinese people; I don't know why, but they don't seem too nice. Thanks for the input guys.

Also, chinese women are pretty bad.

Attached: 1517349082288.jpg (673x916, 133K)