Do you think your parents are proud of how you turned out?

Do you think your parents are proud of how you turned out?

Attached: 1445195393316.png (444x444, 109K)

I can't help but feel like my dad was so happy when he found out he was having a son. Thinking of all the good times we'd spend together and how I'd make him really proud.

My mom has done a great job of convincing herself that she is.

My dad is a down to earth kind of guy, but he doesn't hold it against me, I don't think.

Honestly, if they gave a shit, they should have tried raising me.

>they should have tried raising me
They weren't there for you?

My mother wasn't around after I was 10-13 years old. My dad was around some of the time.

For the most part I was raised by my grandmother, who, though well meaning, simply didn't have what it takes to raise a functional human. Though I confess that my introverted tendencies probably had a hand in shaping the thing that is writing this post.

Sorry to hear about that, user. I hope you can mend your relationship with them.

Our relationship is ok. I don't begrudge them for being morons who, like so many other morons before them, decide to just go ahead and have a kid, without really having what it takes.

My father literally asked if I was retarded the other day, and my mother is chronically depressed because of my NEETdom.

No, not at all, but at least I've achieved a few things that they can be proud of, so I'm not a complete disaster.

Pretty certain that they aren't.

My mom is dead and my dad gave up on me

they were dissapointed in me no matter what i did

Yeah, they tell me it every time I see them. I don't get to see them often enough, man.

>My father literally asked if I was retarded the other day
Context?

Sorry to hear about that.

>I don't get to see them often enough, man.
Why?

He saw me playing Hearthstone (gaming triggers him).

Yes. Though hard work I became the man who put the food on the table on our hardest times and paid the education of my little brother and sisters. My mom call me her "Sayri Asiri" which means "smiling prince" in runa simi.

Attached: 1389322193780.gif (200x346, 2.98M)

I'm not a complete failure (I earn an OK salary for someone in my country and I have a girlfriend), but I have some flaws. I don't think I'm impressive enough to be proud of.

Probably but that doesn’t matter much

yes, I have a bachelor degree and currently getting a master degree, nobody finished high school in my family
I go out all of the time but I never brought a girl home, for what they know I might be screwing girls around
but they don't know about my power lust and anti-social tendencies

I think so
I moved out when I was 18 and I'm at uni so they don't see how much of a depressed loner I am

I have 8 other siblings, and my parents barely even notice I exist. I'm the middle child too. They literally don't care about me. I'm one of 9 babies they brought into this world because they were too lazy to use a condom.

>Do you think your parents are proud of how you turned out?
lol fucking unlikely.
i think my father pretends I don't exist.

Well, they seem a bit more proud of me than they were a few years ago.

How can you be depressed when you have such a milfy world leader?

r u a ladyboy

My dad isn't proud of me but he still has some hope. Not close with my mom.

Why would they be proud of evidence of their own failures

I can't tell. I have a few big projects. If I succeed, my parents will boast about the perfect, model son they raised, and how all my accomplishments are theirs by extension; if I fail, they'll condemn me for being a loser, put all my failures on me, and disown me.

Already seen both in doses, but life's stewing again for now

My mum loves me and is at least somewhat proud but I know that my Dad hates everything about me.

Yes, I know for a fact they are

What state are you from

How often do you make a call to talk to your parents?

Florida. Why?

I don't know, but I'm not proud of me

I'm happy that you are so based, user

Unironically yes

Yes, but I'm not proud of my parents. My dad is a deadbeat that left after I was born, and my mom was never cut out to be a single mother. I had to rely on grandparents to raise me for majority of my life, but even then they weren't the wisest people. For the most part, I'm self-taught and self-raised, with only financial support (i.e. a roof over my head and food in the fridge) coming from my family. At the moment I have my own apartment and job and I'm completely self-sufficient, but my mom is still living with her parents (my grandparents).
I don't really know what my dad's life is like because I've never once been interested in getting to know him. All I know about him is that he's some Dixie fag from the deep south and probably voted for Trump.

No matter how much I accomplish in life, my parents will never be satisfied with me
They'll always focus on my flaws and wish I were someone else

nigger I live with them... never left lol

Sounds very Asian

nope.
didnt finish uni
didn't manage to become rich

I know that feel. How do you cope?

Attached: 1530664205606.jpg (228x228, 18K)

Is that common out there? I'm part flip, from a longstanding tradition of MUTTING white women

They actually are, since I have an actual career and lie to them about having friends. They probably think I'm gay though and just don't want to bring it up because I've never had a girlfriend.

Attached: nice bakuretsu.png (1280x720, 1016K)

Nope. I never got a compliment in my best moments in life so I dont seek it when I'm at my worst.

what do you work with

Like once a month. Maybe I'll send a message to say hello one a week or something.

my mom is ok with that I have some money
my dad insultingly compares me to trump

if they didn't send me to schools that were 90% asian maybe it would be different

sorta. i'm not as autistic as i could have been and i earn enough to live on my own, not much more that they could ask for

they'll probably be disappointed to say the least when they find out that i'm ghey tho

Attached: 1505556976751.jpg (600x500, 54K)

Mive have all but rejected me as a family member...but its ok I have pot and food so I wont die...yet...maybe.

writing articles.
i write very slow and earn little.