Say something good about dominican republic,there must be at least one thing

Say something good about dominican republic,there must be at least one thing

Attached: img09-04-2017-1418285844.jpg (1600x1060, 511K)

They look this you are doing well

Attached: AAC34458-9740-4345-989F-4F136361EAE5.jpg (635x881, 105K)

Pretty cool flag imo

They are pretty based

Feast of the Goat is GOAT

they're better than haiti

Great rum, love me some Brugal 1888

better than haiti

It's full of niggers.

Best GTA protagonist is from there

my dominican coworker is very pretty

Good baseball players

Based and Dominicanpilled
Cringe and Hatianpilled

I had a classmate from Dominican Republic in college. She was very nice and hardworking.

merengue, bachata, etc, are much better than raeggeton and Banamanian/Portorrican music.

Not as much as Chile
LOL

¿Hay muchos dominicanos en tu area? escuché que muchos se van a España a delinquir.

No que yo sepa. La mayoría de latinoamericanos en mi zona vienen de Bolivia, Colombia, Nicaragua y Paraguay.

Conozco a varios españoles que me han dicho que hay muchos dominicanos metidos en bandas callejeras en España, muchos se sorprendieron al ver cómo actuaba la gente aqui en contraste a cómo actuaban en España, también cómo lucían.

We get some of our best baseball players from the DR. The amount of talent on that little ass island is impressive.

What I find even more impressive is that almost all of them come from one single province. (pic related, in red)

Attached: sanpedrodemacoris.gif (596x412, 10K)

literally nothing. kys

Still better than haiti

You have created some good music

friendly people
mestiza and mulatta qt’s
interesting history
good cuisine

this woman is from there

Attached: 1470608771355.jpg (1920x1080, 159K)

At least you are not Haiti

this woman is from there

Attached: dominicanpoison.jpg (498x693, 46K)

this woman is from there

Attached: 862A7F25-2E3A-4327-B1A2-87FE50EA0552.jpg (524x986, 112K)

What is it about that province? What makes it special? I've heard of San Pedro de Macoris but I don't really know anything but the name.

During the late XIX century and early XX century the city and the surrounding area was experiencing an economic boom due to the revival of the sugar industry, so many people form different nationalities emigrated there, Lebanese, Arabs, PuertoRicans, but the ones who were coming in greater numbers were ex-slaves from British colonies in the Caribbean, who came to work on sugar plantations. The ex-slaves(colloquially known as "cocolos") , being more familiarized with British culture used to play more cricket than baseball. The U.S occupation of 1916 sought to Americanize more the local population, and banned cricket, favoring baseball instead, and they took it very seriously, they founded baseball schools all over the area and the cocolos, having nothing else to do, began to play baseball, and it's a well rooted tradition in San Pedro today.

Based and redpilled. I have to admit I don't remember the US occupying the DR. What was that all about?

Also on the old prison TV show Oz, I remember a Latino character calling a black character cocolo and I never knew what it meant. What does that mean literally?

Afaik it had to do with our debts or something. The occupation was all that bad actually, the Dominican government was bankrupt and was extremely unstable at the time, and the Americans did many things that had to be done, like build roads, schools, a police force,etc.. But since nobody likes to be dominated by foreigners they made a deal with prominent politicians and left in 1924. Leaving us a lower debt and 50% customs tax revenue had to go to the American government until all debts were paid.

It was a way to call people with darker skin, before the Antillean immigrants came it was used as a slur against Haitians, specially in the southwest. But today it's exclusively to refer to the descendants of Antillean ex-slaves.

>was
>wasn't*

Pinches chichotas LOL

Attached: C5I3ttYVMAAyIPt_l.jpg (750x918, 107K)

Woah is this real?

>At least you are not Haiti
This...

Very real.

Attached: w72oteo1_400.gif (320x180, 2.54M)

Good, but not as good as pic related.

Attached: Wife.jpg (643x720, 76K)

Beautiful latinas

Attached: Screenshot_2018-07-27-21-56-49-1-1.png (1440x937, 1.5M)