Does anyone here remember the Bush years? What was that like?

Does anyone here remember the Bush years? What was that like?

Attached: George-W-Bush.jpg (2267x3000, 1.85M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mhs2ug5cr4o
youtube.com/watch?v=8KwEDgpSWxo
mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/23/world/asia/afghanistan-taliban-helmand-sangin.html
youtube.com/watch?v=f7iorfwcmeY&app=desktop
youtube.com/watch?v=UIjoW_IXos4
youtu.be/z8Q-sRdV7SY
youtube.com/watch?v=7hk3Y1yV_SE&app=desktop
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

worse than now and much more damaging

extremely meme-y

Attached: popularité française USA.png (501x333, 18K)

>France surrender monkeys lmao
g-g-reat times ):

Elaborate

APOLOGIZE

youtube.com/watch?v=mhs2ug5cr4o

What happened?

albino black sheep
rock the vote
shoe dodge
gore not contesting the florida muddle for some reason

Do you really have to ask?

Yeah I served in his administration (in a lower tier role). Commerce Department stuff. Was funny trying to bring development to Afghanis and watching them destroy it all.

Ignore my flag.

oh and that insane attorney general who covered all the nipples in the justice department

france refuses to help america invade iraq
american media starts spreading anti-french propaganda
french opinion in america goes down

He actually won the popular vote in 2004 and passed a lot of awful laws that worsened the 2008 collapse, all the while invading random muslim shitholes and letting NK go nuclear.

I remember when his cabinet was full of jingoistic neocons and he bowed down to the bankers. Glad we finally moved on from that dark time.

Cont*

Trump is too dumb and weak to be so actively awful for our nation (or good).

We have. A new order has arisen.

Attached: C94C3E42-483F-42B3-BDA3-9143B6FBB534.jpg (626x364, 45K)

This sounds interesting. Tell us more.

>mfw bush thought our pm was called jean poutine
youtube.com/watch?v=8KwEDgpSWxo

I helped set up the “recovery” effort in 2003-2005 Afghanistan. After I left, Afghanistan fell apart even more because Bush focused on Iraq and forgot about the original goal.

If I say much more you’ll doxx me though.

i served in Afghanistan, i can tell this guy is right

he was a retard but I was a kid when he was in charge
no one took him seriously

I was a child back then and mixed up George W. Bush withWilhelm Busch

cute
I also mixed up Martin Luther King with Martin Luther

Once again, ignore my flag. I am on a Commerce mission to Chile.

Suffice to say, Dubya was a zealot who never changed his mind even when the facts were right in front of him. You would’ve hated being my boss and having to work with Dubya (explain everything commercial despite Dubya claiming to be a businessman).

We had some ebin memes back then.
*cracks open a Monster*

Attached: bushwood.jpg (388x512, 79K)

You're American?
You still work for the administration?
Also, why do people call him Dubya?

Where at? I was Kabul the whole time although I “traveled” to Sangin and Kandahar for infrastructure support (inbetween trips back to DC).

By the way
mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/23/world/asia/afghanistan-taliban-helmand-sangin.html

Attached: BushVaca.jpg (618x397, 54K)

More or less the same as with Trump. Just a bit more harmless fun.
Many memes made out if his hundreds of bad speeches.

Attached: lolinternets.jpg (309x191, 18K)

This. There was a chance to get shit right 2003 - 2005, but that never happened, and any efforts after that has just been a worthless waste of money

lol wtf

It’s how he called himself. George Dubya Bush.

Nickname like Teddy or Bill.

Attached: bushkatrina.jpg (700x421, 63K)

Lmao, 15 years have passed and they are still butthurt, because of some American banter.

> 2003
> 14 years old
> watching news with my parents
> live news coverage of Baghdad being bombed to shit
Comfy memories

>You're American?
no i'm le surrender frog fighting for another country in a far away shithole filled by muslim indians
was in Kaboul or in random villages in forgot the name,, i killed 6 men

“Shock and Awe” campaign

Trump is infinitely better than Bush.
Bush is factually the worst president the US has ever had, by alot, and may possibly go down as the president that destroyed the US.

He put us in massive debt, caused the recession, made us a police state, made "dark" money legal in our politics, made corporations legally people, and began what OBama finished: the destruction of the West.

Kys

A couple years ago our PM appointed an Inuit as Minister of Fisheries, Oceans and the Canadian Coast Guard. He looks remarkably like Bush.
He eventually decided to step down to go into rehab.

Attached: BUSH'S INUIT DOPPELGANGER.png (1024x669, 789K)

youtube.com/watch?v=f7iorfwcmeY&app=desktop
Word. Watched the same footage on dutch news

He wasn't my president.

Okay...

ebolarate
how was it worse
we won the war in iraque

What about this shows he thought our PM was Jean Poutine? He probably thought the interviewer made a gaffe and ignored it to give his canned reply.

I met some French soldiers during the infrastructure missions. They were stationed east of Kabul in the Pashtun areas.

Makes you ponder

What are some good moments?

>thank you your holiness awesome speech

Attached: download[1].jpg (750x500, 113K)

>2001
>news TV anchor is doing a live stream of the events like its the superbowl
>the two towers collapse in a horrible fashion

>2 days after the event some French guy sponsored by the Iranians already write a book that's a international conspiracy and go on national television for days spilling his bullshit.

>mfw

Attached: pepehands.jpg (1200x711, 71K)

>After I left, Afghanistan fell apart
posting in an epic thread
please include me in the screenshot

At around 41 minutes it begins

He truly didn’t know what to say every time

Remember that he won the popular vote and election in 2004 by 7%.

hi george

yet he was a genius compared to the orange retard

You can even have proof I’m American.

Been a while since then. I have some really good and really bad memories from Afghanistan.

Heard Iraq was worse, 5300+ dead soldiers and US civilians.

Shitty, it somehow got worse.

>barely slides by the election with a Supreme Court ruling
>9/11 happens and everyone unites around him
>bomb the shit out of Afghanistan and Iraq but drags the US and its allies into a mire
>gets noticed as a bit of a bumbling moron and has Bushisms
>gets mocked routinely by the left-leaning media, musicians, Flash animations, and the world (Basically what is happening with Trump)
>wins releection against Kerry in a fairly close race
>puts in policy things like No Child Left Behind
>continues to get laughed at
>doesn't do anything about the housing crisis or the impending recession until it's too late
>exits office as one of the weakest presidents

I believe you. I am saying it is a damn shame Afghanistan fell apart after you left. You should have stayed longer.

>we live in a timeline where bush is a genius

Attached: Only_the_dead_can_know_peace_from_this_evil[1].jpg (500x490, 41K)

Remember that much of Jow Forums’s original population is now in there 40s. I’m late 40s...

Came here first while I was in Afghanistan, oddly enough. Passed the time as a lurker

Attached: 47AA70F3-9C62-4349-ADAD-59E95760720A.jpg (4032x3024, 3.19M)

Where are you know?

Trump is more evil chaos than dumb chaos, if I am using that meme correctly.

I was in my 20's for his whole presidency but I was drinking really fucking hard at the time so my memory is foggy. I did go to a couple of anti-war protests though.

Santiago of course. Not much more reason to come to Chile for Commerce work.

You’ll probably see me with an Argentinean flag tomorrow since I’m headed there, and post with a certain obsessive punctuation style.

Are you that a boomer MAGApede always excusing american backed dictators?

Pretty cool in a way desu

WTC bombing, yellow cake, US soldiers kicking it back at Saddam Hussein's estate while he was hiding in foxholes, freedom fries, I

totally agree. trump is deliberately trying to break the conventional system that has existed forever.

I'm faded.

it was the time US starts to fall and be hated other countries.

Oh fuck hanging chads.
youtube.com/watch?v=UIjoW_IXos4

How did nips feel about Obama?

No I’m genx Milton Friedman spammer.

Less Hysteria than today. Bush was seen as a bit of a bumbling fool, but with a competent cabinet. Cheney was the Devil incarnate.

I remember the initial invasion, and vaguely following the 2004 campaign. This was the first Internet political video that was all the rage. Don't forget your flash plug-in youtu.be/z8Q-sRdV7SY

The war on terror dragged on until 2008 when Obama won the Nobel Peace prize and we all forgot about the brown people they were still bombing. But seriously, it was only around 2007 when the Internet really became the primary area for discourse. Things were a little more innocent, and America seemed a lot more competent.

Global warming
Polar bears drowning
Peak oil
Made in China
Usama Bin Ladin
Green Zone
Subprime Mortgage
Avril Lavigne
Nipple Flash
Axis of Evil

shit, everyone in government was incompetent

OH WAIT

>Things were a little more innocent, and America seemed a lot more competent.
In Canada by 2005 we had lost all hope in America.

softened version of Bush, nothing changed.

Nostalgia...

I guess I mean relative to the present day. This was before China had grown to being a legitimate rival to American hegemony. The Bush years were the beginning of America's decline, but the process was only in its infancy.

Today we are living in the death throes of American influence.

He also had some unusual talents

youtube.com/watch?v=7hk3Y1yV_SE&app=desktop

It’s a bit frightening seeing how far we’ve fallen in my lifetime. I remember the early 90s and winning in Iraq so quickly with the entire free world.

Not anymore.

I understand why so many people, including Trump, are scared of the future and want to lash out and blame China/Mexicans/trade/leftists/Iran.

But it’s just a natural phenomenon and you cannot reverse it. Only adapt

I wonder how we'll look back at this decade, ten years from now. Will we look back quite as fondly as the dubya years, or will it haunt us like a bad memory.

Attached: IMG_4672.png (1100x972, 544K)

What do you think will happen?
This video feels weird

At the time I was convinced the Americans had somehow elected the world's most incompetent president. Obviously the last few years have since proven me hopelessly wrong.
This fact is the reason I hesitate to declare Trump Americas worst president, who knows what the crazy fuckers are going to do next.

Depressing. 9/11 and then the wars kind of cast a pall over the whole decade, at least compared to the carefree 90s. Plus there was this overwhelming feeling of artificial prosperity and a social contract that the younger generation would never be able to capitalize on...just this general vague sense of impending doom, which of course became actual doom in 2008.

I honestly feel bad for Americans who don't remember the 90s. "End of history," dot-com bubble...it was the most exciting, most secure time in our nation's history, by a wide margin too.

The nips on the central island fucking loved Obama because he shared a name with one of thier provinces (and a major clan during the media restoration) other than that I don't think thier opinion changed much over his administration.
Looking back, the Obama administration was notable for its relative stability and lack of major fuckups.

I should add that I'm speaking strictly from an American perspective, I'm sure other nations would have a different view.

Attached: 1531374362142.png (716x537, 484K)

Which part of the 00s culture was better? Late Yoomer or Early Zoomer?

Attached: 1517008897331.jpg (1128x1535, 2.08M)

I'll say late Yoomer, never really enjoyed either of them much though, am a core millennial man meself

Also if you want to get a feel for what I'm talking about, watch the whole run of The Sopranos and note the contrast between the first season (the 90s) and the subsequent seasons and also between the tone of the show pre- and post-9/11. They captured it brilliantly.

Haha holy shit
I totally forgot about the (((glory))) days; the first few days of Desert Storm or whatever the fuck the top brass called it, where for a few brief hours blind patriotism and all-but-open "fuck the sand niggers" sentiment was as socially accepted as a handshake.

Dubya's first term was one hell of a ride.

Gore bitched and moaned for a month before the supreme Court told him to knock it off

An incompetent and openly corrupt president was in the white house. Meanwhile america's moral fiber nose dived into the garbage, they took pride in being stupid and the world's trust in them eroded to nothing. But everyone who complained was told to be quite because the economy was supposedly doing ok.
Good thing that never happened again :))))))

The Iraqi shoe was glorious

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 18K)

Oh yeah I forgot about this. That was pretty priceless.

>Bush years
Ah. I remember how all the world considered him to be an idiot but not in a vicious way, just Bush being funny. Like him drinking his coke from the glass he brought with him while visiting Russia on 9th May. Al Gore memes (it was his turn!). Endless Middle East shitstorm. Twin Towers. Picrelated. Iraq, Afghanistan, Al-Quaeda, Bin Laden.

He really fucked up with banking and housing at his time, but I can hardly blame Bush since I don't remember before crisis mainstream politics criticizing him over that.
The debt from Iraq probably wasn't that awful and in retrospective the Iraq&Afghanistan effort were nearing the success if we compare it to the current state after Obama "" withdrew"". Generally Bush, despite all the shit, was really alright. Obama era was much worse.

Attached: CKWJ5wh.gif (340x240, 1.81M)

This whole post is retarded. Hohol bydlos should leave politics alone.

>Nipple Flash
Janet Jackson?