Why don't young people listen to Deep purple any more...

Why don't young people listen to Deep purple any more? They only listen to some lame girly bands like Lady Gaga and Justin Beaver.

Attached: 1530292750692.jpg (376x349, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LQUXuQ6Zd9w
youtube.com/watch?v=lsZG7n7ries
youtu.be/tAe2Q_LhY8g
youtube.com/watch?v=RCN6eRVav5k
youtube.com/watch?v=HtUH9z_Oey8
youtu.be/dqM5L5JQseI
youtu.be/fOk8Tm815lE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Deep Purple is pathetic.
The world would have been a better place without these faggots.

Man, Black Sabbath now that's what I call a redpilled band

youtube.com/watch?v=LQUXuQ6Zd9w

Attached: 1531254366015.gif (500x500, 89K)

Ah, The Clash. Their music makes me feel young once again.

But these actually are good bands.
What's wrong?

Zoomers with bad taste posting itt

Is this the ultimate boomer song?
youtube.com/watch?v=lsZG7n7ries

Attached: 1525752858861.png (380x349, 52K)

Have you guys played Morrowind? Now that's a good role playing game.

They are but they kinda completely lose meaning with the modern way of life

Have you played Might and Magic VI, that was a hack of a game. I still have the CD ROM somwhere.

Attached: 1532523527209.png (1920x1080, 40K)

>plebnproud

no, garbage like Journey is the ultimate boomer music

What do you mean?

Like, my cousin and his generation only plays fortnite and minecraft all day, what does Deep purple mean to him? The way of listening to music has changed

As long as there's weed in the world there will be Pink Floyd music
*sigh*
the summer of 2002...

Dragon quest. Now that was an RPG.

We have those kinds of teens here, too.Your cousin's just a normie. I'm sure there is a minority keeping historical gems alive.

The song is not available in my country?? What is this "copyright" crap, back in my day you could order any LP or cassete you wanted

Attached: 1530430366610.jpg (970x674, 80K)

Never played it
Heroes III though, THAT was a game

Advice dog, now THAT was a meme

Attached: 1526814412744.jpg (250x229, 8K)

music doesn't have to mean anything to teens, it's 90% the sound and feel of it. there's always a big spectrum of different tastes when they reach the age of say 15 even if most of them are listening to "(FUNNY)FORTNITE DANCE OFF MUSIC (FUNNY)"
the kids that are playing these games all day are gonna be even more soulless then we are

That would be carry on my wayward son by kansas.

What does Monster have to do with this generation? I've never seen older people drink this

No one explain it to him. This is funny.

Don't overthink memes, boomer boi.

That song unironically has very good vocals and guitar work but the rest of their discography isnt that good

Country Roads, take me home
To the place I belong
West Virginia, mountain momma
Take me home, country roads

Attached: 979819379764080528.png (1378x1080, 257K)

Point of no return is a top album though.

T. Fortnite playing kid who doesn't like deep purple

Since when does music have to reach people in that way? The most important thing in a song is the melody and the instrumentation, if these sound good then that's all that matters

AND IF YOU HEEEAAAAR ME TAAALKING ONNN THE WIIIIIND
YOU'VE GOT TO UNDERSTAAAND
WE MUST REEEEMAAAAAIIIIN
PEEERFEEEEECT STRAAANGERS

Attached: 1529148107234.png (800x473, 41K)

Music hasn't had good melody and instrumentation since 1992

That's true to a degree, but music also has meaning that may eventually become lost to the current audience.
Some songs are timeless in that their themes are abstract enough or universal enough.
You don't need to know the inspiration behind Smoke on the Water.

remember when MTV was cool?

Having songs with themes that mean something to the listener is nice but to me it's a bonus and not a necessity. I can get as much enjoyment listening to Pink Floyd than I can listening to some superficial pop song. I think a lot of people put too much emphasis on the content of lyrics ahead of simply how the song sounds and if it clicks with your ear

FIRE IN THE SKY11!1!!

>tfw opened this topic as I was listening to Rare Earth
Fuck you, you motherfucker

Why that harsh? Im half serious

Yes, I woke up at 8 this morning
I smoked a cigarette and finished my yesterday's beer
I tidied the house, and I sat on my PC to read the newspapers and listen to some good 70es rock

I am NOT A BOOMER

I wasnt talking only about lyrics. You don't hear kids saying "wow, this song has such good vocals/instrumental!" either

Do people listen to the beatles and shit like that?

>calling Deep purple faggots
>lady gege and justin beaver exist

boomer zoomers do

>Dark side of the moon? Now son, that's what I call an album. I must have the vinyl stashed around here somewhere. Those Pink Floyd fellas were really something else, I tell ya.

Attached: 1531519208074.png (680x585, 245K)

It still hasn't been decided
Who is better The beatles or the Rolling stones???

any of you guys remember the GAME BOY? Great little machine, that

No, they just say things like "that song is class" or "absolute CHOON" without explaining why they think so but it's because they think it sounds good i.e the melody/instrumentation

>Horny Molly?
>Nah I like Jimi Hendrix

Attached: 1532557901425.jpg (750x597, 34K)

We are all boomers who are being ironic, right?

boomer music is unironically the best music out there

>Might and Magic VI
>VI
At least try to meme.

>6

Only versions approved by God are 3 and 5.
Go kill yourself heretic.

youtu.be/tAe2Q_LhY8g
Objectively GOAT song and there's nothing you insecure plebs can do about it

No, it's more like
Loool this rapper makes funny sounds in between verses, that's so funneh XD
Loool this guy is a gangsta and has $$$ that's so cool XD

People are becoming brain dead

I'm a 29 year old boomer who spam boomer memes to piss other millennials.

I'm not sure if I get this maymay. In my eyes it depicts a naive but happy guy.

Back in my day, millenial meant a youngun.

It represents how rapidly the world has changed post 2010

I thought it was just to make fun of nostalgiafags but I don't think I get it either

Not really. It represents how zoomers resent the previous generation which they think doesn't understand them.

back in my day we didnt buy music off itunes, we used soulseek and limewire and mediafire, and you know what? it was better

Attached: 1532721293202.jpg (1029x1000, 275K)

these zoomers don't even know what a good video game is

Attached: 1_1-1.jpg (800x600, 86K)

BUT ALL HE KEPT TALKING ABOUT WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS
GLORY DAYS.

Attached: 1530875384895.gif (1000x640, 127K)

not a zoomer but im glad i never got into dadrock

some of the best british music is dadrock

Attached: 1532082548470.jpg (480x360, 30K)

First there were the baby boomer hate threads, then it shifted to 30 year olds, then 16 year olds realized they can make fun of 18-25 year olds and vice versa because they are already very fucking different

>tfw unironically listened to deep purple as teenaged
Im so glad I grew out of it. Helped me to get a gf. Some friends stayed behind and still wear black shirts and go to shitty hard rock and metal concerts. Needless to say theyre all virgins

Attached: oh my.jpg (225x225, 5K)

their electronic music is better imvho

Anyone remember pre-Google YouTube? Those were the days my friends.

Im just like your friends

then drop that shitty music and jump on normie bandwaggon. Normies have sex and gfs and you must become normies to have that too

I was never very sexual, i don't care if i die a virgin

You can listen to any music band you like and wear nice clothes at the same time.

>NIGGERS GATHERED IN THEIR MASSES
truly based

well its not all about sex. Having somebody to love and who loves you is quintessential human experience. If you dont get to experience that you lived subpar life. Sex with somebody you love is just absolute peak of love

well yea but if you infiltrate normie ranks and one day they hear you listening to deep purple, there will be some questions. T b h its not that good music anyway

IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE I ROCK AND ROLLED

youtube.com/watch?v=RCN6eRVav5k

I listen to music for the sake of sound, and not texts.
Am I a retort?

Attached: 1532768444113.gif (430x360, 1.37M)

desu i just find the rolling stones boring, whereas BEATles have GOAT psychedelic pop

youtube.com/watch?v=HtUH9z_Oey8

>sound, and not texts.
I do the same, most of the time the lyrics are repetitive pretentious shit.

>Sex with somebody you love is just absolute peak of love
Nah its just your brain trying to force you into having children

As if its better to be some insecure faggot trying to fit in, people dislike that in general and you'll also hate yourself.

This DP song will forever be the height of blues rock youtu.be/dqM5L5JQseI

Still, it feels breddy gud.

I don't know, deep purple is pretty normie

You know that the human brain enjoys music because it is repetitive, right?

They cant be compared really, beatles have nice (interesting) melodies and experiment with chords and scales, while the stones are simpler, but heavier and more emotional

yea thats why it feels so good. your brain literally tells you youre doing what youre supposed to do.

why insecure? if you fit in, youre in. Insecure is your own state of mind. if youre confident around people, there is no way they will suspect you being insecure

>music
>lyrics
these are the same and interchangeable

Same for me, but i enjoy it when its really good, like Bob Dylan. There's a really fine line where bad lyrics just ruins it all.

lyrics and music are not the same, open a dictionary

Attached: Screenshot_2018-07-28 lyrics at DuckDuckGo.png (589x239, 22K)

When i realized and accepted it was just procreation and not this spiritual bliss and enlightement modern society claims it to be, i lost all of the will to pursue it

*Robert Zimmerman

exactly, now read again what I wrote sooner

>sooner
earlier ofc

that music and lyrics are the same and interchangeable

now look at what music means

Attached: Screenshot_2018-07-28 music at DuckDuckGo.png (589x361, 77K)

>most of the time the lyrics are repetitive pretentious shit
I wrote it here see that I wrote lyrics?
Now look at your reply here >You know that the human brain enjoys music because it is repetitive, right?
>music

Are you just new to the culture here?

I ignore the meaning of lyrics and listen to the colour of the voice. Or instrumental music

You wrote that lyrics is a bad thing because it is repetitive. I made a point that music is enjoyable because it is repetitive. This point is true because of how our brain works, and I could prove it to you. By making this point, I noted your hypocrisy: you don't like the lyrics for its repetitiveness (that's what you said) and at the same time you like music for its repetitiveness (that's the point I made).

Then you sperged out some bullshit in this post, where you seem to confuse words "lyrics" and "music". "Lyrics" means "text of a song", and not every piece of music has lyrics in it.

This whole conversation wouldn't have happened if you cared to open a dictionary.

They probably researched only poop listening normies, some music is completely unrepetitive and i like it

>Are you just new to the culture here?

The most classical pieces of music are repetitive. Like the famous "ta ta da" in 5th symphony youtu.be/fOk8Tm815lE The whole thing is basically the same "ta ta da" all over again. And "music" that is constructed to be completely repetitive is unlistenable.

>is constructed to be completely repetitive
* is constructed to be completely non-repetitive