Since everyone learns English can I ask what people think of it? Do you find it Euphonious...

Since everyone learns English can I ask what people think of it? Do you find it Euphonious? Do you like the morphology and structure? Was it enjoyable to learn and see the world from a different angle?

Attached: 3C0010E1-326C-43C4-8EB5-19539A8F4987.gif (320x320, 1.46M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=79DijItQXMM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

When I first began I thought this language is retarded. Letters mean nothing, it's almost random as to how the word is actually spelled.

It's a pretty good language honestly, just the phonetic is utterly retarded.

boring language but the most practical.

I hated learning it at school because most of it was learned through movies and games so classes were such a bore.

its still a boring language but since I dont talk to many people outside and spend more time typing in english and thinking in english it's my main language at this point

Doesn’t that apply to almost every language?

The grammar of the english language is too simplistic to convey complex ideas

I'm a native speaker thanks to the brit*sh dogs

No.

>native
>bobs and vagene

No, only for games.

Can you explain more? I’ve read enough books to be able to understand lots of complex ideas in English.
Is it strange thinking in another language?

Boring note: the usage of whom is really easy to Finns because we have a suffix that works just like it and is mandatory.

It's incredibly easy to learn, but I don't like how the way words are spelled doesn't correspond to how they are pronounced.

oh yes, me and a poor low caste farmer both learn english since birth and speak it at home bro!

dumb gook

In what sense, there are words for almost any complex idea out there and what isn't there can be built up to.

It's annoying how unphonetic it is. I do appreciate its flexibility in informal tone though, like you can use virtually any noun as an adjective, or in phrases like "[whole sentence here] thing/kind of guy".

Bonjour Emi

Gook? I know the concept of affording vacations is difficult for an Indian to understand but I'm not Asian.

You can blame the unphoneticness of the English language on the French Norman invaders some 1000 years ago.

>French
Please, let's not delve into that rabbit hole unphoneticness.

Attached: 51988719.jpg (326x296, 30K)

Enough facetious quotients, Finn

youtube.com/watch?v=79DijItQXMM

Gook = Korean
Jap = Japanese
Chink = Chinese
Dumb poo

It's not his fault that he's not a native speaker

English is a fucking great language.
Can't read books in swedish anymore, english is just so fucking good. There's at least five synonyms for everything and you always run into new cool words to enrich your vocabulary.

God-tier language.

French sounds nice, but the elitic academics who wanted to gatekeep the ordinary man with it's spelling should have his head removed, reattached with modern medicine, only to be removed again.

I keep running into lack of appropriate synonyms in English when studying Japanese

If he's confused then he should l___ m___
But where are you from? Mongolia or Australia?

Let alone when translating from Finnish to English, because the multiple suffixes of a word will sound strange as shit written out in English

There is always shit lost in translation

English is great because it can express more things with less words than majority of languages and its grammar is reaally simple, no hardcore verb conjugations like spanish nor declension like german.

Only thing it needs to make it perfect is making its alphabet phonetic. The "pronunciatiion rules" are a chaos, compared to other languages i know like Spanish or German.

>Is it strange thinking in another language?
Not really. It is not strenuous. but I do have to "actively" do it.
Also, I don't know about others, but the english "voice" in my head does sound distinctly different.

Best language, only downside is not being phonetic

I'm Irish

It's fucking terrible.

>what people think of it?
It's a bit weird, but I got used to it it. Helps that it's really closely related to my native tongue.
>Do you find it Euphonious?
Depends on the variety and idiolect really. I hate my accent.
>Do you like the morphology and structure?
Derivation of Greco-Romance words is a drag, apart from that alright.
>Was it enjoyable to learn and see the world from a different angle?
Yes, albeit the angle really only started shifting for me as I went beyond school text books.

What is your caste then Rajeet?

Terrible, unphonetic language. Real shame it's so prominent.

Practical and not so hard to learn, only problem I got is the Czech English accent which is fucking terrible.

It's an ugly, mutt language with retarded phonetics.

It's the most practical language I'm aware of. Grammar is really easy compared to Russian and German. Phonetics is a bit weird, but eventually you get used to it. Definitely is a good choice for international communication.
I think the combination of good parts from English and Spanish would be almost perfect.

Very simple, easy and fun to learn and perfect for explaining technical stuff. Bad for expressing feelings and experiences but that could be me. Phonetics is the worst part, very nonsensical pronunciations with no clear distinction between some words. Have to actually think about the context of a sentence to understand some words.

>oh yes, me and a poor low caste farmer both (have) learn(ed) english since birth and speak it at home, bro!

Jesus christ, native my ass.

Everyone thinks their accent is terrible in English tbf. Even French people despite a lot of natives english speakers liking it.

Nah, not everyone has low self-esteem.

You mean self awareness

Well if it my accent was terrible people wouldn't understand me talking in English. That doesn't happen in person.