What is the most efficient language in the world?

What is the most efficient language in the world?

As in, in what language can you express as many ideas with as few words as possible?

Attached: 06EBE7D7-0C4C-4230-9E36-9E66A22F0993.jpg (500x580, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

realclearscience.com/blog/2015/06/whats_the_most_efficient_language.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It probably depends on what you want to express. If you want to describe snow, speak Inuit.

Why are two emo fags kissing?

Lets just talk averages here.

Attached: C50C2D69-71C1-448D-BF7D-79F0962C6E56.jpg (500x700, 109K)

You never kiss your buddies?

unironically English if measured by conveyed information per syllable

Attached: Table.jpg (562x438, 62K)

japanese

That would be a very difficult thing to measure as there are many different ways of saying the same thing in any given language.
You would have to make an algorythm for the simplest way of expressing things but the simplest way of expressing things is not always the most efficient as you would have to leave some details out to do so.

How is that measured?

This chart is bullshit. French is a fuckfest of stupid and unnecessary articles and yet makes second place. Youre on thin ice, germany. Your next post better be impressive.

Attached: 1C135BA3-C79E-4EFE-A07A-2F86940444C8.jpg (1280x1707, 432K)

God how much I hate leafs

japanese

You think you can sage my thread and get away with it? Nah. Youre small fry. Just go. Leave. Retarded ass germans stinking up everywhere they go.

Attached: A7EAB39E-A2CB-4105-811D-2354BECA3FFD.jpg (960x1280, 234K)

Esperanto, obviously.

Don't derail the thread, faggot.
Answer my question kraut

esperanto lad

Latin is pretty based, you can express many things with a single word.

A fusional language most likely.
Only draw back is you have more to remember.

google for yourself, black skinned "person"

I didn't post that chart, don't know how it's measured either, sorry

The stupid kraut literally said how its measured in his post. Its measured by information per syllable

German is in a unique position where you can just take a noun and a verb, put them together and you get a word with a completely new meaning. There are similar words in japanese that try to convey feelings pertaining to their society only. If you want to convey key information as short as possible I think it's english

Finnish. Since language is so tied to culture.
There was some video on youtube where american talk show host interviews some finns in the audience. That's the perfect example of efficient communication.

>German is in a unique position where you can just take a noun and a verb, put them together and you get a word with a completely new meaning
Could you give me a common example or two? I'm trying to learn German and this sounds like it could be useful to know.

Attached: b812460100d859e152d4ef08bef65b1b.jpg (632x886, 102K)

Russian. For example with our movement verbs you can describe with one word either you left finally and will never come back, or you left for short period of time and will be back soon, either you left by walk or by transport.

I hate this meme. You can do the same in English, you just put blanks between two words, sometimes you even don't put a blank between them:
playground
outdoor
pancake
beefeater
hogwash
piecemeal
wedlock

thanks fren

Attached: 902.jpg (680x544, 30K)

hmm it's almost like the two are related...

Yeah but they are not used in a literary context. Theorotically you could do that of course since english shares the same structure, but they don't.

Bump

Attached: FB29B502-5660-4513-9669-40DC499F99D6.gif (245x245, 491K)

realclearscience.com/blog/2015/06/whats_the_most_efficient_language.html
English

Interestingly, the languages that conveyed the least amount of information per syllable, like Spanish, Japanese, and French, tended to be spoken at a faster rate. This allowed these languages (apart from Japanese) to deliver a similar amount of information compared to more meaning-dense languages like Mandarin and English.

load a bs