Boomer dad tells me to put my hobbies on my resume

>boomer dad tells me to put my hobbies on my resume
>tell him that makes no sense and is obvious padding
>get an interview soon after doing that
FUCKING BOOMERS WHEN WILL THEY DIE

Attached: 1494287710311.jpg (800x850, 25K)

What are your hobbies? Asking for a friend.

i somehow doubt writing down
>video games
>drinking and smoking alone
>posting on anonymous forums
would make me look more employable, so i'm also curious what you wrote

Reading history books, repairing computers and cell phones

My boomer parents said the same thing.
>"user, about your hobbies... I'm not sure if we have room at our organization for anyone on the autism spectrum disorder right now."

>I'm too proud to take advice from people that are different from myself

TwayShwan O'Bumba

Hobbies:
- discussing international affairs
- internet
- watching netflix

Attached: kuku bra.png (473x441, 477K)

>padding a damn resume full of shit that isn't necessary and can be found out in an interview
Fucking boomers and their old ass traditions

It's more about what you spent your last months/years on doing.
Writing down your dumbshit pointless hobbies is far better than leaving it blank.

That makes no sense at all. The rest of the resume has what I've been doing that pertains to the job at hand. Why the hell must I fill it with unrelated information just to make the interviewer feel like he has a reason to fucking care more about me than my damn paycheck

because they'll be having to put up with you if they employ you, so if you can show early on that you aren't some autistic neet it makes them think more favourably of you i'm guessing

That's what the interview is for

which hobbies did you write down?

Try to make your resume unconventional something that caughts the eye. Most are the same shit. Humor works always
t. employer

Your potential employer want to know what kind of person he would be dealing with for the next few years.
What you have been doing recently doesn't necessarily have anything directly related to the position in question, but it certainly has a lot related to you.

but they begin the cull before they're even at the interview stage, you show early on that you aren't just some soulless automaton and it may get you an interview that you otherwise wouldn't have got.

what if you don't have hobbies

Nerd

They're supposed to be checking if I meet their standards professionally

But why bother to even call you in for an onterview in the first place, if they don't have any confidence in you character to begin with?

>boomer parents give me resume advice
>tell me to walk around town handing out resumes
>ignore them
>get a job
take that boomer scum

they'll be having to put up with you if they employ you, so if you can show early on that you aren't some autistic neet it makes them think more favourably of you

I actually got hired once because I wrote that I'm a history enthusiast. The employer talked with me about the history of medieval italy for like half an hour and then hired me.

Boomer parents say the same thing but I always found it to be fucking useless info. Will try.

Because I already check off the required boxes and then some. The interview is supposed to be if I know what I'm talking about and if I fit the company culture

Once again that's what the interview is for

>The interview is supposed to be if I know what I'm talking about and if I fit the company culture
There are a lot of things that are important besides this. They want to know something about you character. They want to know about you as a person.
They probably got a pile of resumes filled to the brim with people that knows what they're talking about, and fit the company culture. They're all set on that.
Take a moment and think about what you can add to that firm, that others probably can't.

imagine this, you're an employer, and you're picking candidates to bring onto the interview stage, you get two resumes that are basically identical, except one of them has a hobbies section, and it lists stuff that makes them look like a well-rounded person (hiking, football, mma, history enthusiast, repairs computers, etc. that kind of stuff). there's only one more interview slot left, whose getting picked?
at this point we're going round in circles desu.

>what are your hobbies, user?
>v-video games and a-anime..
>get out of my office

Attached: download.jpg (232x218, 11K)

>what are your hobbies, user?
>reviewing entertainment mediums and analyzing foreign films
>welcome aboard, user

Attached: 1513436494088.png (1200x1200, 1.22M)