Do people in Brazil and Portugal generally study Spanish as a foreign language?

Do people in Brazil and Portugal generally study Spanish as a foreign language?
Do any of Brazil and Portugal’s neighbors generally study Portuguese?

Attached: C409B681-18B4-412A-887F-6992CD9AFFF5.jpg (934x779, 81K)

no

No, both are kind of understandable for each other although I think Portuguese speakers do better than us

I speak fluent Chicano Spanish and I don’t understand Portuguese for shit

No when you can master portuñol

>Chicano spanish

That's not even Spanish, that's cringe

in argentina we learn english and in some schools you could learn french or italian

>I speak fluent Chicano Spanish and I don’t understand Portuguese for shit
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAJ CHI

Uma delicia. It's a pretty simple language. Juanito, did you study spanish at school?

Isn’t Brazil your largest trading partner? I thought lots of Argies go to Brazil and lots of Brazilians visit Argentina

How do you guys communicate? English?

Nope. Learned from my parents, family and friends

Attached: YWhsP9M.gif (215x274, 1.35M)

I can read Portuguese, but spoken it’s almost impossible for me to understand

I mentally translate all the “-ao” ending words into “-on” or “n” and it almost sounds like a spanish word.

Spanish and Portuguese are similar enough that you could reasonably talk to the another and understand most of what they're saying if they speak clearly. Maybe they use English formally but Portuñol is good enough most of the time.

Nah. Some Brazilians can naturally understand some Spanish pretty well, i for some reason struggle with it, i find English much easier.

Aren’t the languages like 80% similar? Wouldn’t the hardest thing be just learning the vocabulary?

I assume sentence order is the same so you could literally just translate what you want to say word for word

No. Private schools usually have spanish classes, but no one gives a fuck about them. We have Portuñol for that

I had Spanish classes up until high school, it’s pretty a common subject when you study in a private school.

Are those classes considered English level easy for you guys?

Kind of, there are some false friends between the two you need to watch out for. Also there are more sounds in Portuguese than in Spanish, so you Portuguese speakers need to "dumb it down" a little to be understood. If I really need to speak to some of the CHIs or god forsaken Venezuelans in my town, I usually just speak portuguese with a spanish accent and they understand me just fine.

t.hue camping out in tejas.

How difficult is French or Italian for a Spanish speaker?

French is harder because of its phonetics that come from the Gauls and are very different to Spanish ones.
I can understand it better read , spoken it's impossible if you don't have courses. Italian is much more close, although there's many vocabulary that's different.

Too bad not even Spanish speakers can understand buenos aires gibberish

based accent man

How does Portunol work? Is it formal or?

Speak portuguese but throw in some Spanish and made up words here and there.

Kill yourself please

No. The people from the 90's watched Doraemon with a Spanish dub and Portuguese subtitles, so we get all our Spanish from there. Other than that, we go English/French.

It's Portuguese with a forced Spanish accent.

The biggest barrier in spoken Portuguese/Spanish is usually Portuguese's phonology, since it's more complex. So, if we simplify it (open all vowels and stress all syllables), Spaniards can understand it better and it's enough for the lexical differences not to matter. Spaniards also speak a bit slower to us so we can get the message more clearly, since we're not used to their rapid-fire.

actually a lot of people who is into learning languages, learn portuguese here.
because it easy to learn, and it's very easy to use in real life, you only need to visit brazil.

also, you can learn portuguese in a lot of places here.