Why Westerners don't eat buckwheat porridge? Even though it's tasty?

Why Westerners don't eat buckwheat porridge? Even though it's tasty?

Attached: cfe272f0e72387739fc077cd33e224ac_03_kak_varit_grechku_pravilno_depositphotos_25315771_m.jpg (660x480, 130K)

It's shit.

tastes horrible

Buckwheat is for Jews

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-07-29 at 8.39.39 AM.png (764x920, 820K)

For us, ajdova kaša is like a historical reminder of the times when Slovenes were poor peasants, and it's only eaten when people want to LARP as characters in the local 19th century realist literature that they read in school.

Why do you even care? Let them eat whatever shit they want. Keep grechka for us.

Is it Russian cuisine thread?

Attached: .jpg (483x724, 105K)

Maybe you just can't cook it right? Because buckwheat is delicious and full of vitamins.

What is it? Vegetarian schi?

Looks delicious desu

Dis some dumb shit

Nope, just regular sour schi with some shrooms.

Fresh tomatoes and mushrooms in schi are excessive. Schi should be simple.

No, that shit always gives me irritating feeling in my throat, also has shitty taste

We do. But I am jewish

Attached: IMG_1127.jpg (640x480, 139K)

Looks like shit

Do you drink blood from horses?

> schi
is this somethng mexican? like CHI?

Still better than horse meat.

The main ingredient for this dish is a sour fermented cabbage, so probably it will taste weird for you.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

"looks"? what do you mean. i thought you'd argue it "tastes" like shit. but looks?

looks great

>that 100 years old boomer who can't afford beans and meat for his cholent

Based and bluepilled

Nope, not Mexican at all. ->

>those big pieces of carrot
disgusting

We eat fermented cabbage and fermented carrots too

are you blind? that's meat in there. it is called beef. goulash with buckwheat. just not enough sauce.

you simply can't get it here. we are totally unfamiliar with it

I'd eat buckwheat, barley, and rye if I could buy them cheaply at supermarkets here. Unfortunately, I've never seen them in places where I shop. That's why I eat oatmeal, lentils, and whole wheat bread instead.

check em, shlomo

chad confirmed

There are a lot of Eastern Europeans and Jews in Germany, so it should not be the case.

oi vey! my jeiwsh luck

I agree about tomatoes, but mushrooms complements this dish a lot, when they got caramelized properly. Actually, it's on of the easiest ways to simulate the authentic taste, like it was cooked in the wood burning oven.

Then you'll probably like it, especially in the cold winter days. Also, it's pretty fast and easy dish to cook.

Since it's not customary to eat it, you can't really find it anywhere unless you go out of your way to do it. And even if you manage to find it, it'll likely be sold as health food or for its gluten-free nature and be ridiculously overpriced.

Oatmeal porridge is the breakfast for the white man

How does it even taste? Is it close in taste to any of the other common grains?

This. Oatmeal porridge with milk and jam made of whatever berries grows locally is the white man's choice. For me it's lingon or bilberry.

It's not a part of the cuisine at all.
I tried it first time a few years ago in a fancy hipster "superfood" bread. Haven't even seen buckwheat since then.

It's more expensive than corn, oats, rice, and flour so why would I buy it?

all grains apart from oats, wheat, rice and corn are really expensive here for some reaso.