If Slovenians are more culturally related to Austrians, why do they have Slavic surnames and not German surnames?

If Slovenians are more culturally related to Austrians, why do they have Slavic surnames and not German surnames?

Attached: Flag.png (580x290, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PYnda5JhOMM
sl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kategorija:Slovenski_priimki
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They are not. Their flag has pan Slavic colors for a reason.

Lies, my friend is called Janez Gruber

Slovenia as a country looks Germanic but Slovenes are Slavs and they always try to copy Croats but usually fail miserably.

>slavic flag
>name literally means the land of slavs
>slav language
>people with slav names and last names

>more culturally related to Austrians

Attached: 1500682885724.jpg (330x319, 120K)

Is Slovenia even a real country?

Are Slovenians even a real race?

Or is Slovenia just Austrian clay?

How you learned different between Slovakia and Slovenia?

>Is Slovenia even a real country?

no

>Are Slovenians even a real race?

no

>Or is Slovenia just Austrian clay?

partially (pic related)

Attached: slomemecun.jpg (536x481, 38K)

They are mountain slavs

Alpine Croats

i'd let croatia have a bit too

>always try to copy Croats but usually fail miserably.
Why would we copy Croats? A failed, dogshit state soon to be the poorest EU member? The only thing they have is obsession with Ustaše and virgin Marry. Also, their language is just Serbian with latin script, and this is not even a meme, even linguists agree on that.

Based Jew.

>slovenia
>R1a ~ 34.5%
>most slavic of south slavic countries
>why do they have slavic surnames

Attached: wojak_02.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.jpg (710x675, 60K)

>be Slovene
>speak Kajkavian Croatian as a native language
>speak Shtokavian Croatian as second language
>be obsessed with Croats and 20 meters squared of Croatian sea
>"Croat" is the second most popular surname in your country
>most famous Slovenes are a chronic sniffer and the woman that got fucked by Tito's dad, but nobody knows her name, and that Slovene chick that had orgies with a Croat businessman and can't say the letter "R" properly
>main stereotype is that the women are sluts
>doesn't even have Trieste
Is there a more cucked non-nation than Slovenia?

Attached: most-spoken.jpg (650x607, 175K)

The Philippines named their country after a Spanish king, i.e. their colonial masters. Women there are the biggest prostitutes in the world. Americans, who committed countless atrocities against the Philippine nation, are worshipped.

If you think Croatians are wannabe Germans wait till you see Slovenians

>Also, their language is just Serbian with latin script, and this is not even a meme, even linguists agree on that
this is true
no such thing as shtokavian croatian, all shtokavian comes from serbian
also all kajkavian comes from slovene, which means half of your country speaks broken slovenian and your official language is serbian
>croats, nation without language of their own

Attached: 1528142442727.png (617x575, 150K)

Attached: 1528142540338.png (607x204, 83K)

Absolute fucking lunacy
God people in this region are so fucking retarded

You were supposed to go East of Drina, not West, Mr. Tractor Man.

Attached: 1454601883302.jpg (550x414, 36K)

But we have loads of German surnames as a result of living under Habsburg rule when surnames were being first implemented

Yes, Serbian autism, revisionism and mythomania really knowns no boundries.

Attached: 729.png (645x729, 68K)

>crvati i istorijske cinjenice
ahhahahaha

Because they're slavs

Sori frende ne sprekam Kroacijski

>most famous Slovenes
Wouldn't that be Melania?

>istorija
>servian language
>Glede pak optužbi da Karadžić profilom svojim reformi želi Srbe pokatoličiti (jer je nemali dio njegovih odredaba već postojao u hrvatskim i katoličkim pisanim djelima, književnim i leksikografskim), osim vidljive nebuloznosti takovih inkriminacija, zanimljivim ostaje pitanje u kojoj su mjeri hrvatska (slovinska, ilirska) djela utjecala na njegovu jezičnu stilizaciju. Za sada, sa sigurnošću se može reći da jesu, no stepen uticaja je teško odrediti: Vuk je posjedovao više hrvatskih leksikografskih djela (rječnike i slovnice Della Belle, Mikalje, Belostenca, Stullija), te književna djela pretežno slavonskih pisaca (Relkovića, Kanižlića, Ivanošića), te pokojega dubrovačkog (kasnija izdanja Gundulića)- no, vjerovatno je najbliže istini da je našao u njima određen broj rješenja koja je uporabio u stilizaciji svoga oblika jezika, no i to da je opći smjer hrvatskog jezikoslovlja i književnosti bio stran njegovu duhu koji je idealizirao pučki idiom, te u cjelini odbijao "gospodski" ili "varoški" oblik jezika- makar taj nastao i na štokavskom vernakularu.

Satnik can be found as a rank in medieval Croatian documents (Vinodolski zakonik). Slovenes also use "stotnik" instead of "kapetan". This is just one example of Serbs making up shit out of the blue.

It's essentially
>WAAAAH, why aren't they Serbs?!? Everything they do different is just made up, waaaah!

And "avion" is a French word, who the fuck cares? Also, zrakoplov is any air vehicle, avion is specifically an airplane and is a grammatically correct word in Croatian. Fucking Serbs, stop being so obsessed and stop believing every Serb clown author.

And hur hur
>why did Croatian become a separate language?
Why did Serbian become a separate language?

Serbs and Croats bickering about the same language is pretty tiring. Also, you would think that Croats would go for Kajkavian or Chakavian if they really wanted to be unique

Faust Vrancic, also known as Fausto Veranzio, a descendant of Serbian families from Bosnia. The language is refered to as Dalmatian, on chakavian dialect, which is only dialect related to Croats, but was also used massively by Serbs since they also inhabited Dalmatia
So yeah, you speak Serbian

Posedovo je vise Hrvatskih leksikografskih dela zato sto ih je bilo vise nego Srpskih
Jezici nisu nesto sto samo izumes i svi pocnu da ga govore idiote jedan
Srbi i Hrvati su se mogli razumeti medjusobno pre 1000 godina isto kao sto mogu i sad, to sto se pretvaras da nisu isti samo pokazuje koliko ti je mozak zagadjen Balkanskom idiotijom

Austrians are germanised Slavs.

We went for Shtokavian for the sake of practicality and Pan-Slavism. And we're not trying to be unique, it's just that Serbs are obsessed with that idea and keep nit-picking over some delusional bullshit. We don't care how Serbs speak and we're not trying to pull some "Serbian is just Croatian" bullshit like they are.

They steal everything from Serbs so they can later claim historical right on it

Serb became a separate language when you started insisting Croatian is a separate language
Your nationalist idiots incite our nationalist idiots, they feed on eachother

South Slavs speak 3 langauges Slovenian, Serbo-Croatian and Bulgarian
All others are just meme languages that nationalists pretend are different

They do that because you say "Serbian is just Croatian", you started this shit

lots of Slovenians have German surnames, stop shitposting

also, Serbocroatian is Slovenian for 70 IQ semi-Turkish peasants. That's not a troll, that's simply how Karadžič intended it.

>to sto se pretvaras da nisu isti
To se nitko ne pretavara nego vi debili tvrdite da postoji "srpski jezik", a ne postoji "hrvatski jezik".

Vi ste prvi rekli da ne postoji "srpski jezik" i da samo postoji "hrvatski jezik" 1991.
Prekinite vi i prekinucemo mi

Sniff
youtube.com/watch?v=PYnda5JhOMM

>because you say "Serbian is just Croatian"
No Croat claims that, and ITT the retarded Lika Serb (who just should jump into a well, head first) started it.

The term "Serbo-Croatian" was an artificial creation. If you asked an 18th c. Croat or a Serb what language they spoke, they wouldn't say "Serbo-Croatian". And it was perfectly logical for RH to have "Croatian" as official language since it just come out of a war with Serbs. We didn't get triggered when Serbs started saying "Serbian language" instead of "Serbo-Croatian".

>Slovenians want to be seen as similar to Austrians and Italians

>Estonians want to be seen as Nordic

>Czechs and Poles want to make "central European" a thing

>Bulgarians want to associate themselves with Greeks

Anyone else notice this? Eastern Europeans want to be anything except Eastern European. They hate themselves and their heritage. They discriminate against Ukrainians and Russians in their countries because they know that is ultimately their closest relatives. They can never be as advanced as northern Europe, as influential as western Europe, or as cultured as mediterranean Europe.

>Vi ste prvi rekli da ne postoji "srpski jezik"
Glupost. Ante Starčević je doslovno jedini Hrvat za kojeg znam da je trabunjao takve stvari.

slovenes are mountain croats
change my mind

Attached: Independent State of Croatia.png (1200x800, 49K)

Green is Balkan.

Attached: ottoman balkans.png (2000x1910, 470K)

>Slovenians want to be seen as similar to Italian

said no Slovene ever

also, most Slovenes consider themselves Central European

also, I've been to the Czech Republic and I was shocked at how grim and post-commie everything was, /v4/ another world from Slovenia. Also, we discriminate against Bosnians because they are mestizos between Arabs and Europeans.

Well the proper term would be Yugoslavian or Southslavic but we both know how many autists that would trigger
We use that term because it's the only one people would be willing to accept
1991 was 27 years ago, time to move on and correct this mistake
Don't mistake a loud minority of idiots for the opinion of half a continent, these troubles woudln't exists if you would stay out of our busniess
Ukraine is in a civil war now because you got too greedy and tried to take Sevastopol away from the Russians

True. Czechs or Estonians may larp as rich Easterners but comparing to Slovenia they're really poorly looking shitholes.

Warsaw Pact countries look way worse than ex-yu states in general.

Out of all commie countries only Croatia looks better than Slovenia

No, the blue line is the Balkans, and all the countries that are touched or encircled by the blue line are Balkan countries

Attached: Karte_Suedosteuropa_03_01[2].png (596x383, 61K)

>only Croatia looks better than Slovenia
Dude no, it's not even close
Slovenia has a way higher standard of living

The drop in standards is noticeable when crossing the border from Slovenia to Croatia

wrong

Attached: Balkan_Peninsula-1-.png (1229x1024, 404K)

Zagreb and the coast do look fantastic cause of tourism desu

Or maybe the Balkans genuinely are the meeting point of Central Europe, the Orthodox East and the Mediterranean worlds and simplifying half of Europe with complex history into some "wuz commies" groupation isn't very nuanced. I don't know why everyone assumes that if a Croat says that Zagreb is more Central Europe than Balkan, that it means that he hates Balkan. It just means that the Habsburg influence shows.

Zagreb, Belgrade and Ljubljana suffer from a serious case of cancerous western influence on it's youth

Zagreb is faggot central, I can't even tell the difference between the locals and Western hipster tourists anymore.

>unironically pretending "Central Europe" exists

the meme is real lads

I've seen a literal SJW protest in front of a Zara store in LJ. And yet I somehow prefer that to smalltown eastern Europe where everyone has the same buzzcut and calls everyone else by some familiar name or other.

>replying to retarded americans
Half the time you can't even tell if what they're writing is bait or not but that was some terrible bait

>muh Iron Curtain forever
Go ask an Austrian, m8.

Slovenia is just a slightly bigger Prague though

>Central Europe doesn't exist
Then admit that third world countries like Nicaragua, Guatemala and Honduras are all part of the same continent as you

Of course they are. Canada is the only first world country in North America.

Central Europe existed for hundreds of years. East/West divide has been a thing for barely 50 years.

All the things in greentext have a grain of truth to them, thought. I unironically don't consider Catholics to be Eastern at all.

It's not Poles or Czechs that invented this concept. It was German "Mitteleuropa" before but in essence it was more about German controlled Europe.
But there has to be another geographical area between Western Europe and the former Soviet Union). "East" beginning in Prague is just ridiculous.
If you want to split it by culture or religion then Catholics/Protestants are Western or Central and Orthodox are Eastern.

just a reminder, that polish retard is baiting with the same "croatian" posts every single day. never reply to him again

Psihične motnje, morebiti?

Croatia is objectively the best looking country in the Balkans. And "standard of living" is a vague term. Life in Croatia is easier and more relaxed than in Slovenia, where people are so rigid and boring.

My friend is called Aljaž Muller. We aren't slavs.

Slovenes are not Slavs! According to Swiss DNA analysis Institution 60% Teutonic (Germanic), a 30% Adriatic Veneti ( who spoke a special Slavic close language group) and 10% others. Also, Austrians and Bavarians are not 100% Germanic peoples, but a mixture of Germanic, Celtic and Venetic peoples like we are.
Yes we speak a Slavic language, but since we have nothing to do with Slavic people culturally or genetically it would be ridiculous to call us slavs.
We're more similar to Germans and Austrians in terms of mentality, genetics and culture. Our culture is completely different from slavshitian, we have next to nothing in common. Culturally we're more similar to Sweden than to Croatia. Please stop calling us Slavs.

>Yes we speak a Slavic language

>we

Hello Janez Islamović, did you visit Bosnia to find your father?

Good ol' iGENEA, can't argue with the Swiss.

Attached: igenea.jpg (2092x1200, 435K)

19th century larpers are to blame

ok this is epic

there exist uniquely Slovenian slavic surnames, which you can recognise by the fact that they make sense, unlike slavicised German surnames

Because the Austrians never assigned them German surnames.

>>Bulgarians want to associate themselves with Greeks

Attached: 1478472582425.jpg (294x313, 12K)

Is that Bulgaria under Simeon or Ivan Asen II, can't tell

Attached: 1476657703006.jpg (480x480, 44K)

Greeks are shit-tier.

Attached: Wheeze.jpg (377x264, 22K)

and americans want to be white

here, all the Slovenian surnames in one directory, knock yourselves out

sl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kategorija:Slovenski_priimki

But that's false, there's lots of surnames of German origin

You can't be culturally close to Germany if Austria has barely anything to do with germany culture wise

>let me tell you who is eastern european
fuck off bob mcburger, nobody cares about your outdated political division of europe
>slovenians
southern-central europeans
>estonians
northern europeans
>czech
literally in the centre of europe aka central europeans
>poles
west poland is central, east poland eastern europe
>bulgarians
southern europeans/balkans

it makes no sense to categorize over half of europe ranging from far north to black sea as "eastern" based on political history, considering how "east" as a cardinal direction is inherently a geographical distinction

Attached: 1503181893412.jpg (1332x638, 158K)