What's your excuse for not learning Chinese?

What's your excuse for not learning Chinese?

Attached: china.jpg (225x225, 7K)

I still have a soul

Chinese sounds ugly and stupid
. Writing system is pretty cool though.

china sucks and chinese will never be a world language because it is intentionally difficult to learn unlike english/latin alphabet languages, and it sounds ugly

european languages are the only ones relevant

Attached: china.png (1400x5552, 946K)

>tonal language
>useless outside of china and chink diaspora colonies
haha yeah no

It's not even relevant here

You know, in business world the Chinese rather trade with folks that don't know any mandarin. They like to think that they have the upper hand.

Because it's fucking hard m8. Individual characters mean stuff on their own, and something like "fire fruit receiver" actually means modem or some shit.

>call customer service
>press 1 for English, press 2 for Mandarin

Make it stop

Attached: 1475603891412.jpg (700x700, 95K)

Stop thinking about what each character means and think of each word as a block on its own.

because im going to learn Japanese instead for when they invade China and wipe out the bugmen

ugly language

marvelous post

BUT HOW? Are you supposed to memorize every word block? If I see "fruit power rope" or "fast fruit lightning" how am I supposed to remember every context of every word? PLS teach me Chile, be my sensei.

lol

The way I do it I just remember the sounds each Chinese word makes and how the character that make them up is written. When speaking English or Spanish you don't deconstruct the words and think of the root meanings of the pieces of the word, you just say them and you look into what they mean afterwards. 服务员 (fúwùyuán) is waiter, I don't know what each character means but I know it means waiter and if I go to China I don't need to know what the characters mean on their own, I just use the word and that's all that matters.

Why are weebs so fucking cringy?

Anyone considering learning mandarin who hasn't been to china, please take this seriously.

lmao

Even if China were somehow able to supplant the U.S. as the sole world super power English would be a world language and I wouldn't have to learn anything else.

But I do.
This. My language pal which is a native actually told me he never really thought about how 中国 , which means China, actually means "Middle country".
I guess it's just very foreign to people. Kinda like with children reading each letter at first to read a full word.

Attached: 1531044935405.gif (600x424, 2.34M)

I would but it's too difficult to learn compared to how useful it would be for me. I dont want to communicate with ch*Nese """""people""""""
Reading Chinese text could be fun but not worth the effort

I dont live in Africa or Serbia. Soon Hrvati will need to learn Chinese, since they will be building the Bridge to destroy Bosnia.

Focus on the rhythm of tones in a word with multiple characters. It'll make it a lot easier to remember and also start to seem like one thing rather than individual parts.

> Why are weebs so fucking cringy?
This

it sounds revolting and it uses a retarded writing system

The Chinese have always considered China to be the center of the world so it would make sense that he'd see the word for China that way. It's all about the "us vs them" mentality

But I do, I even have a virgin chinese gf.

Attached: 1455137806864.jpg (389x511, 46K)

How many words do you guys know? Is there a way to recognize a pattern where characters appear in a single word or individually as to find their context? If I just memorize, I'd feel like I would remember just the important words, but if someone came up to me and said a combination which I haven't heard, my head would spin trying to find the meaning and I'd just end up asking them what it means putting me at a disadvantage.

not a weeb but I still know Japan > Ch*na

Attached: 1506637523031.jpg (563x390, 21K)

I have no idea what the number would be. And I'm not sure if there's a pattern other than things like computer being "electricity-brain" or television being "electricity-look at". My advice for you would be to just focus on basic vocabulary and the rest will fall into place once you can consume media. Knowing the individual characters only helps to learn a word cause it sometimes help remember the meaning.
>putting me at a disadvantage
Lol don't worry about this. Literally everyone you talk to will be very impressed that you know anything more than 你好。

Its an inferior language, I’d rather speak Korean than that ching chong shit they speak

being a korean and learning chinese means little, sure you might get a job better but its not worth the work, besides if companies wanted translation they can get it way cheaper by hiring korean-chinese

T. Buttmad wh*te roastie
Dont forget what your white nationalism caused hans

Going to pass HSK6 in 2000+19

based and redpilled
cringe and bluepilled

Thanks for the encouragement Chinabro, will have the opportunity to go there when I finish my studies in 2 years so I guess I have the time.

I am a Chinese, but cannot read and write Hanzi, epic :-DDD

Q predicted this

Godt brev.

Because it sounds fucking disgusting. Ugliest language in the world.

"Arr sherr ching sherr arr wei ping chong mao ching arr sherr ching sherr arr bu dong ma."

Are you talking about 조선인?

Because I'd be forced to work with the "people" that speak it.

japanese is more challenging

>intentionally
that's not how languages work
cringe

I'm too dumb to learn it, at least japanese is easier

It's harder than English

>that's not how languages work
yes, the symbols were designed to be complex so that peasants with little free time would not have time to learn to read and write, only the rich people would

I was gonna say that I wouldn't make use of it, but then I remembered I plan on moving to Australia or NZ.

Attached: 1529672766652.jpg (154x121, 15K)