What do spaniards think of the Umayyad Caliphate, Emirate of Cordoba, etc and all that history?

What do spaniards think of the Umayyad Caliphate, Emirate of Cordoba, etc and all that history?

Is it pic related? I am actually curious as to what is the opinion of actual spaniards to the muslim period in iberian history.

Attached: 501d42fe69360c6ba4517c90f0eae601.png (846x42, 3K)

Occupation, a bunch of rebellions and civil wars from Arabs fighting settled Berbers and native Muslims.

A few good decades under bad der Rahman iiii. But then it all collapsed. Taifa period was meh, they would be considered haram by true Muslims because they drank alcohol regularly.

Then Almohads and Almoravids came and became Isis tier and expelled every non-Muslim or enslaved them in morrocco.

Nothing because there is no history of that time.

What do you think of roman arabia or greek?

>native Muslims
?

There's quite a lot. There's a bunch of huge mosques that were turned to churches during the reconquista in places like Andalucia.

Pretty cool. I personally like reading about how the nations north of the med sea influenced the ones south of the med sea and vice-versa. Greek influence has always been huge in Egypt, Arabia Petrae and Syria.

However, Arabia Felix, as the romans called it, was more influenced by Aksum and Ethiopia than the Romans.

After the collapse of rome in 300ce history begins writing again in 1500CE or in the high middle ages of 1300CE.

>There's quite a lot. There's a bunch of huge mosques that were turned to churches during the reconquista in places like Andalucia.

They were Roman/Greek Pagan temples turned to Churches tgen turned into mosques, there aren't many historical mosques in Spain.

Only one I can think of is the one in cordoba.

cringe. Please don't reply if you have nothing to contribute.

If this type of mosques were a staple of Muslims then you would see them in more areas of muslim rule than just these areas.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-08-03-13-40-54.png (720x1280, 121K)

My opinion is the arabs should have been genocided instead of converted. Same goes for jews.

>They were Roman/Greek Pagan temples turned to Churches tgen turned into mosques, there aren't many historical mosques in Spain.
Please educate me about them then. I am sure even Syria or Lebanon has more pagan temples than Spain.

>Only one I can think of is the one in cordoba.
Southern Spain has about a dozen of them iirc.

This

They generally have a negative perception of that period and we do too

What do you think of turkish rule of hejaz or british?

You haven't contributed anything to the discussion at all. You're acting like the guy in the pic I posted at the start of the thread. FYI, that guy is an american who larps as a roman. I guess it hits close to home in your case too, doesn't it?

Thank you for your answer. But, can I ask you what exactly do people think that's negative about this period, aside from islam being a dominant religion, if there's?

Cool.

A foreign conquerer you think is positive?
An invader and foreign culture and language

How would you like islam to be exterminated arabis to be conquered Arabic to be reduced?

>A foreign conquerer you think is positive?
Did I even mention that it was positive? I asked the Portuguese user why do people think that the Emirate of Cordoba was a bad period in history, aside from religious reasons.

Stop posting like this. You're really annoying.

>How would you like islam to be exterminated
Firstly, why do you lot always think that just because my flag is that of Saudi Arabia that means I am a muslim? You do realize that over three-fourths of MENA posters here are irreligious right? Fucking hell man.

>arabis to be conquered
Well, I could say the same thing about Romans conquering anything outside of Italia right?

>Arabic to be reduced
Why do you think the Umayyads were so successful at annexing? Whenever they annexed an area, they simply left the government more or less the same and relied on Jizya to run the country. Greek, Coptic, Latin and Persian were all official languages of the Umayyad Caliphate until the reign of Abd Al-Malik ibn Marwan. You know that right? Converts simply learned Arabic by themselves or wrote Latin in the Perso-Arabic script.

I am trying to be as unbiased as possible here.

So you support brits conquering saudi arabia and allowing you to speak arabic but all government is in English?

>If you say X then you mean Y, right?
I was correcting you, you thick-skulled brainlet. Because you know jackshit about how the Umayyads operated their provinces.

You shouldn't have bumped this thread. I knew that such questions will attract the likes of you but whatever.

Native Muslims as in mullawad Spanish converts to Islam.

They were against the Arab rulers, the Berbers were also against the Arabs. And they kept rebelling against them. Eventually the Berbers destroyed cordoba in the early 1000s

>do you support foreigners conquering you
>it....s nn.n.n.not like that!
Árabes are dum jews.

Pretty sure visigoth and arab conquest both feel the same to them, foreign invaders ruling over them. The second they left they started to prosper. What's more curious is why do arabs always bring it up while germanics never talk about it? Could it be that their own nations are shitholes and they cling to the little bit of relevant history that they have?

Reconquista, one of the best times of europa.
Expell the moors and the joos, and then discover and rule the entire world.

Attached: Reconquista_12Lisbon_454portugal.png (277x632, 145K)