-Rothschilds bow to Quebec

-Rothschilds bow to Quebec
-In contact with aliens
-Possess psychic-like abilities
-Control Canada behind the scene with an iron but fair fist
-Own castles & banks globally
-Direct descendants of the ancient royal Nordic-Gaulish blood line
-Will bankroll the first cities on Mars (Noveau Quebec will be be the first city)
-Own 99% of DNA editing research facilities on Earth
-First designer babies will in all likelihood be stawberry blonde quebecois babies
- said to have 215+ IQ, such intelligence on Earth has only existed deep in Tibetan monasteries & Area 51
-Ancient Catholic scriptures tell of a race who will descend upon Earth and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with them
-They own Nanobot R&D labs around the world
-You likely have Quebots inside you right now
-rumored to be in regular communication with the four Archangels of God forwarding his word to the Catholic Church. Who do you think set up the meeting between the Cuba & the Obama command (First meeting between the two organisations since the nd of the Cold War) and arranged for the warming of relations in LatAm as a whole since Castro's death
-is said to have learned fluent French in under a week
-Nation states entrust their gold reserves with the twins. There's no gold in Ft. Knox, only Ft. Quebec
-said to be about 7 decades old, from the space-time reference point of the base human currently accepted by our society
-In reality, they are timeless beings existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe. We don't know their ultimate plans yet. We hope they're benevolent beings.

Attached: 1480891432107.jpg (2048x1644, 452K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s0G6-U9ZRGk
youtu.be/ubGjasm63Y0?t=72
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Little known fact: the Bogdanoff brothers have Quebec (not Canadian) citizenship.

>-You likely have Quebots inside you right now
C't'un ostie d'mensonge, arrête de raconter c'te genre de connerie-là.

*beep boop*

>the call that saved Quebec from its economic slump

Attached: DY_dqGXX4AAqde7.jpg (1000x581, 60K)

I hope they'll teach quebecois to speak proper french because you guys are a disgrace when it comes to languages

Attached: LE.png (939x541, 1.23M)

How different is standard french from quebecois? Afaik some of the words have different meanings but is there any other difference?

fucking english man

québécois is french but with religious swearing instead of regular insults, some expressions we consider outdated and a heavy accent

t. anglo

quebec french is standard french, the differences are lesser than american vs british english

>quebec french is standard french
You see everyone, he is being serious right now

Attached: 1385996003072.jpg (400x283, 25K)

he's right from a linguistic standpoint, the differences between both variants of french are negligible

Je me demande qui est caché derrière ce poteau..

Attached: eternal anglo 3.png (639x360, 284K)

>religious swearing
Something like "jesus fucking christ"?

L'éternel breton pêh mon ami

Attached: easter.png (420x420, 12K)

>anti-quebec racism
scares quebec
>anti-alberta racism
scares alberta
>alberta nationalist-quebec nationalist co-operation
scares the ESTABLISHMENT

Attached: albertaquebeccooperation.png (1300x1171, 1.06M)

no, stuff like ostie/osti/esti(originally referring to the sacramental bread), tabarnak(originally referring to the church tabernacle), crisse(originally from christ), calice(originally referring to the chalice), etc

but yeah actually it's quite similar in usage, just not the same words

It hurts me to read conspiracy stuff like that. Even in jest, it hurts.

For starters, it depends on what register of language. If you're talking about the formal language (so, what you hear on the news, what you write in essays in school, etc.) the main difference is just the accent (there are a few small vocabulary differences, but those are relatively minor). Some of the notable differences in the accent are that Quebec has a lot more vowels in general, including a much wider diversity of nasal vowels and a lot of lax and reduced vowels. Quebec French also has different r's depending on speaker/region, including the uvular trill. Another big difference is that Quebec French systematically transforms "ti" and "tu" into "tsi" and "tsu", and "di" and "du" into "dzi" and "dzu".

As for the colloquial language, they're very different. Québecois tends to cut a lot of consonants in many words ("sur la table" becomes "s(u)'a tabe"), and adds others elsewhere (example, "tout" will become "toutte", even when strictly masculine). Syntax is also quite different, as Québécois will use an interrogative particule "-tu" (a relic from the archaic "-ti", which is still sometimes used in Quebec as well) rather than the normal ways of creating questions in French. Québécois also tends to be very pleonastic in ways which change the syntax, so you'll say "Eux-autres, (ils) sont-tu là-bas?" rather than the arguably more coherent "Sont-ils là-bas?". There's also of course the question of anglicisms; Quebec uses more in the colloquial language, whereas France uses more in the formal language. Quebec also has more archaic vocabulary such as "itou", "char", etc.

Small brain: Quebec and Alberta should remain
Normal brain: Quebec and Alberta should leave and form their own separate country
Big brain: Quebec and Alberta should leave and form a country together

So is it right to say the Quebec French were remnants of the old French Language before the French language that we know is standardised?

not really, both dialects are standardised, they just evolved separately and under different influences

French has never been standardised. What we speak today is the french dialect from Paris.

Prior to that there were a lot of dialects, and parisian french was one of them. (pic related)

Québec has lots of remnants of north-western french dialects

Attached: dialectes.jpg (1140x1210, 301K)

based and redpilled

>So is it right to say the Quebec French were remnants of the old French Language before the French language that we know is standardised?
Yes and no, it was already standardised, but the French revolution and the XIXth century brought about a lot of changes to the language which never directly affected Quebec French.

>dialects
languages*
"dialects" like walloon are actually separate languages: youtube.com/watch?v=s0G6-U9ZRGk

All dialects were different languages if you want to be picky.

>mfw Occitan linguistic genocide

What gets me is that a lot of French have the temerity to berate the Chinese for trying to marginalize Cantonese when they themselves did something very similar not too long ago.

I remember reading in a linguistics textbook that Quebec French was basically frozen in time. It apparently has not changed much since the 18th century. Does this mean that it's essentially a time capsule for the northwest dialects?

Attached: 1528308079398.jpg (752x584, 64K)

There are no universally accepted criteria for distinguishing a language from a dialect, but people generally agree that tongues originating from a common proto-language(in this case, northern Gallo-Romance or 'oïl') are distinct but closely related languages while tongues originating from the same language, like modern French for Québec and Metropolitan French, are dialects.

>basically frozen in time.
No living language is ever frozen in time, Quebec French has changed and received its own influences. However, there are certainly many traits of Quebec French which are relics of Northwestern dialects.

This video is quite interesting as it managed to scrape together a few old audio samples (one of them a century old IIRC) of some rural old folks who still maintain at least some of their region's traditional dialect:
youtu.be/ubGjasm63Y0?t=72

There's a few of those which bear some striking similarities to Quebec French (like the one I linked, Percheron).

Basé en tabarnack. We need to unify against the degenerate ontarians and b.c faggots

>mfw I can't fucking understand half the stuff these people are saying

A-am I just hard-wired to speak only a Parisian dialect?

Not degenerate anymore, thank you very much

Attached: doug-ford-620x400.jpg (620x400, 42K)

It probably just takes practice/exposure, it's always more tricky when there's no written standard (let alone any media content) to help you get acquainted with it.

Kek. You guys might just be aight

I only understand the first one and some of Norman

Nvm, angevin is super easy

Not really a time capsule for the northwest dialects because the filles du roy (from whom almost all of quebec is descended) were almost all sent from the paris region which made quebec french standardise around the parisian dialect just like france. There are still some remnants of other dialects like «embarquer» which i think was originally a norman word

poitevin too

Quand même intéressant à quel point le normand ressemblait à un vieux québécois de campagne à part pour le début que j’ai pas compris

Yep, for the first time since 2003 things are looking okay in Ontario.

I am at least a little bit heartened to see a Frenchman is not really able to understand it either. But then again, and I don't mean to be rude, but I find Euros are very picky with accents sometimes. In North America we can understand almost anything spoken in the most bastardized English imaginable, but when I was in Spain, Castillians fucking refused to understand what you were trying to say without adding their fucking lisp to everything. Marzipan? Nope, it's marTHEpan. Anyways I am not sure how I would get much exposure to any dialect other than Quebec, considering the only things with ready media content are Quebec French and Parisian French. Also Congolese but that is another kettle of fish.

Interesting, thanks for sharing. So would that mean that Quebec French is similar to 18th-century Parisian French?

What drug did you take

(Pardonnez la manque des accents)
Apres un deuxieme ecoute, je comprend L'Orleanais, et avec surprise, la dialecte de Limousin. Je ne sais pas pourqoui, pace-que le dernier ressemble a L'Espagnol ou un autre langue romane.

At least we know how to preserve our culture unlike you people

Les langues occitanes sont spéciales. À l'écoute, elles sont difficilement différentiables du catalan ou de l'espagnol, mais sous forme écrite il devient évident que leur vocabulaire est plus apparenté aux langues d'oïl comme le français que n'importe quelle autre famille de langues. Par exemple:
>La parladura Francesca val mais et [es] plus avinenz a far romanz e pasturellas; mas cella de Lemozin val mais per far vers et cansons et serventés; et per totas las terras de nostre lengage son de major autoritat li cantar de la lenga Lemosina que de negun'autra parladura, per qu'ieu vos en parlarai primeramen.
>Le parler français est plus digne et mieux adapté aux romans et aux pastourelles, mais celui du Limousin est de plus grande valeur pour écrire des chansons et des serventois; et à travers l'ensemble des terres où notre langue est parlée, la littérature dans la langue limousine a plus d'autorité que n'importe quel autre dialecte, pour cette raison j'utiliserai son nom en priorité.

En fait, cela s'explique par le fait que l'occitan fonctionne comme une sorte de langue passerelle entre les langues gallo-romanes et les langues ibériques.

OP here I just got back from running 2.4 km
What about culture? How distinct is french canadian culture to French culture? And how different is their culture from the Anglo-Canadians? Are immigrants in Canada more attached to French culture too? I remember seeing an user claim that Asian immigrants as well as Euro immigrants are more attached to Quebecois Culture

Attached: __commandant_teste_kantai_collection_drawn_by_akira_kadokawa__502e382335d771da7b2177f1c98419cf.png (537x673, 340K)