Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic

Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic....
now THAT was a game

Attached: 1532522872058.jpg (1024x584, 43K)

Might and Magic VI and Heroes of Might and Magic III now these were games

Attached: 1532780046845.jpg (1280x720, 141K)

*psssst*
Pure Pazaak.

heh

I could not play it. It feels too dated and from my limited experience with it totally linear. I guess I'm spoiled by Skyrim, heh.

Star Wars Dark Forces... now THAT's what I call a Doom clone

Attached: handsome boomer.png (717x633, 94K)

KOTOR 2
Neverwinter Nights
Fallout 2
VTMB

*sipppp*
yup, de_dust2 was a heck of a map

fucking zoomers
play Dragon Age Origins first, it is a little more recent, and the combat is similiar
then go back to KOTOR and experience it's greatness

Fag

Attached: s.jpg (266x375, 66K)

My nigga.

Attached: haha.gif (400x200, 497K)

I hate how people consider the second game to be better. The first one's maps are so much better that 2 is just not fun for me.

kiss my ass kids, i will fuck your moms, literally

Yeah, also the Jedi units were a shit gimmick

VTMB and Deus Ex are two of the best games ever made.
if KOTOR is too dated for you then you might be braindead. that shit is streamlined compared to Bauldrs Gate and other D&D games

>The first one's maps are so much better
This, i also don't understand why they removed aircraft for planet battles in bf2 the only map that i remember that had something similar is Hoth. It needed a map like bespin from the first game so bad

Hey hey people.

VTMB has good plot and the amount of different races each one with different playstyle is cool, but the game engine is pathetic, and the combat system too

This game for psx was my childhood tho, so much better than twisted metal

Attached: Vigilante 8 - 2nd Offense.jpg (495x441, 84K)

>Thief: The Dark Project

Attached: 6a00d83451f25369e200e54f1f54968834-800wi.gif (216x216, 2K)

it was one of the first games made in Source iirc.
did you play it with the unoffical patch?

one of my favorite things about the game is how much effort was put into the sound design. i love when you arrive in your apartment in Santa Monica and the radio is playing. it makes the atmosphere.

>did you play it with the unoffical patch?

of course, the game is literally unplayable without the communiy patch
the game on GOG already comes with the patch installed

the gameplay is really clunky but the story and atmoshpere was good enough to keep me playing till the end
i especially liked the part where you had to go deep down into the undergrounds, looking for Nosferatu

I love Kotor 1 so much, Bastilla-chan, I love you

Kotor 2 was shit, that old last Keira was a bitch

i agree, KOTOR 1 is a game i like returning to, because it just feels simple, finished and complete(but it was obviously lacking a few things that were probably cut, like a proper romance with Juhani or getting more of your crew to the dark side)

KOTOR 2 was a huge fucking unfinished Obsidian mess, the plot barely made any sense, Kreia was annoying as fuck, Nihilus was the worst bad guy ever, the game was extremely confusing
i know there is kind of restoration patch now that fixes many things, but i have bad memories about this game

KOTOR 1 and 2 have been sitting around in my steam for years, should I play them? How does KOTOR1 run on linux?

It is.

There is some new from Paradox (current owners of WoD license), aside of upcoming Werewolf: Apocalypsis they want to make new VtM game but "we need a right time and idea for it" because they don't want to doing the same game as it was last time (bloodlines) since it's very outdated now.

is it a license for oWoD or nWoD? if it's the latter i'm just gonna give up on it now

Skyrim is trash.

im confused. what is the distinction of the two?

based GOG

For me, it's ratchet and clank

KOTOR is a great game but it needs some config tweaks to work properly with new GPUs
there is also a lot of mods on nexus that make it look much better, and also some really great general retexture that is few GBs big on some russian site, search for it in google and you will find it
don't know about Linux, can you even start KOTOR on linux? maybe throught WinE

nWoD. There's only one WoD now.

old World of Darkess is the original system, the one known from VTMB
new World of Darkess is a new setting with different cosmology etc. it's more freeform because it doesn't exist in a state perpetually a few days before Gehenna, but it loses much of the flavor

>original setting
It's uncanonical now, like star wars stories out of Disney universe.

christ, it's even worse than i thought. didn't they release a 20th anniversary edition of oWoD recently?

For oldfags, maybe. But this story is ended with Gehenna. Literally. There's nothing after that. Everybody is fucked up. End of the world.
So they shut down oWoD, make new one and working on it currently. Also they cut a lot of modules like hunters/proteans/ghosts/etc and left only "classic trinity" with vampires/mages/werewolf.
That's it. And upcoming pc games will be exactly about these three modules.

looks like I'm never buying a WoD game then, that really sucks.

I thought I was the only one that prefered the first one

Dunno, for me it's okay. They are focused on things which are really popular and mostly playable.
Extra modules about hunters and ghosts are funky but... meh. Very specific stuff. Not what people want or interested in.
Btw, all of it (hunters/proteans/etc) still exist in WoD lore. Just not playable.

Diablo II and Age of Empires II. Now those were the best pc games

Attached: boomer.jpg (250x229, 8K)

I agree some of them feel almost like homebrew special snowflake stuff.
Vampire and Werewolf should be it, Mage is ok because humies need representation I guess

Zoomer, I...

Attached: 1532734247846.jpg (1336x680, 178K)

I think mages are good because of fuck my brains up philosophy behind it. That gives you probably the deepest view on all world conception/structure of WoD.

I think I need to reread the books, I only played the trpg like 10 years ago