This confuses and enrages the native english speaker

>this confuses and enrages the native english speaker

Attached: c3a5c3a4c3b6.jpg (347x130, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_in_Danish_and_Swedish
youtube.com/watch?v=f488uJAQgmw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

do you guys pronounce it the same way it's pronounced in German?

hey ameri-DOG, g*rmoids don't have the Å BVLL nor the Ä BVLL, they're strictly SWEDISH BVLL inventions. but yes the g*rmoids pronounce the Ö BVLL the same way as we do, since they learned it from SWEDISH BVLLS

we use them too, but pronounce it as "e" so it's a bit redundant

á é í ó ú
ã õ
à
ç
nh lh

ă â î ș ț
che chi ghe ghi

Æ har O å by på da

uh, yes... Germans do have ä

In swedish
å is o
ä is e
o is u

Fokk
O
OOO

Attached: IMG_20180421_105046.jpg (908x714, 123K)

Did I say they did? No? Then they don't. Checkmate, ameriburger.

>mods are suppressing your alphabet
wew

..which is totally unnecessary since english speakers use the ä-sound all the time.

How do you pronounce all the different diacritics in your language?

So does your mom when I'm all upp in that finnish vittu

àéèùëïâêîôûç

What finns know as the "ä"-sound is only represented by "ä" in Finnish, Estonian, all the other Finnic languages, and Slovak. In IPA this sound is /æ/.

German and Swedish "ä" has a different sound. /ɛ:/ or /ɛ/. Similar but not it.

Oh, also, Swedish has /æ/ but only before "r"

get fucked, snownigger :∆)

I will, that's why I'm visiting your momma later in the evening, so how's that?

áéöüóúűíő
amateurs

but scandis are basically native English speakers

ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ

Ä Ö Ü

Why can't English bring back the 'thorn'? ;(((

o fugg

You made me do it, John. You made me whip out the big guns.

Attached: 1497776901984.jpg (346x450, 22K)

Ё!

Säker, kräker
The ä is pronounced the same. The same as in Finnish.

Quality thread
You should have mentioned gendered nouns too

To be fair grammatical gender is fucking retarded.

But it confuses and enrages the native english speaker all the same (the supposed purpose of the thread)

Pиaл тoк, бpo.

Attached: smug4.jpg (412x350, 31K)

We don't have grammatical genders

nah ive listened to enough sabaton to get it

YO. WHATSUP MAN

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_in_Danish_and_Swedish

She - he
Her - him
English has it too

that's not what grammatical gender is you fucking retard. every language has words for the two genders, not every language refers to inanimate objects as pertaining to a specific gender.

Are those o e u the German o e u or English?

But we don't have genders for objects

THAT'S WHAT I'M SAYING YOU FUCKING NIMROD !!!

>Only two grammatical genders

Is those languages dumbed down like this because their low IQ brains can't handle the superior linguistics like in German?

CHI

>genders for objects
that sounds incredibly over complicated

So we don't have gendered nouns. Exactly what my first point was, you fucking retard

It was my point too you fucking DUNCE of dunces, pay some fucking attention next time

you guys even fight in such a friendly way

You realize you're the one who should have paid attention?
I said we don't have gendered nouns and the brazilanon posted the Wikipedia link. Then I said, If wee have it, they have it.
You then enter the convo and shits the whole thing up.

youtube.com/watch?v=f488uJAQgmw

Attached: 1518525985769.png (641x428, 70K)

no-one should, it's retarded

in spanish, tables are female (la mesa) and books are male (el libro)

no its not

You realize it's dick-suckin'-'o'-clock, shithead? *zziiiiiipppppp*

The absolute state of Anglos.

what is the reasoning behind assigning inanimate objects genders?

German truly is a very detailed language
Trying to learn it for someone that already speaks english seems like the turbo version of english or something
Romance languages would have been like that in some way as well if the dialects that evolved into the modern romance languages didn't have left behind things like noun declension and the neuter gender that were present in latin
But it is said that proto indo european would've been even more complicated than that

For what I read in the article swedish has two genders, the common gender (both masculine and feminine) and neuter
Don't know it in details, but it surely has at least a few aspects in that regard that constitute a distinctive gender system compared to english, considering that in english all nouns are always neutral

this confuses me more than the nattive english speakers
what the fuck are these and why do they exist

cringe

I was gonna invite you

Attached: 1510189587927.jpg (960x960, 73K)

å exists in low saxon

english has that sound
let, men, both have ä

i like swedish posters

Attached: 1532532692164.jpg (1280x1280, 959K)

makes it harder for foreigners to learn your language

there is no reason, it just comes out naturally
like sometimes in english literature you can hear „when night falls, she cloaks the world in impenetrable darkness“
in that example night gets a feminine gender just because and if we repeat this with other words you will eventually get a gendered language.

In Finnish and Estonian that sound would be just "e"
Finnish/Estonian "ä" in English is in words like "cat" and "man"

Nope. Completely different sound. In Estonian/Finnish that would be a long "ee".
Finnish "ä"-sound in Swedish is only found in words like "lära", that is, before "r".

ä in german can be pronounced ɛ or æ, it will be simply written as ä or in some cases e

True. Well you can't have any reason in a language, it's just the result of thousands of years of constant change. The genders in the German language sound very natural to a native speaker and the use of a wrong gender in front of a noun by someone who's learning German (like me) sounds very jarring to the native speakers.

It's something that had been handed down to many languages by the proto indo european language
In english it would be completely useless because the structure of the language ensures it isn't necessary for communication, but in many other languages gender plays a very important role in communication because the gender can change noun declension inflective patterns depending on the gender of the word (like in german), what gives style to the language, and somewhat enriches its precision
English is perhaps the only indo european language that lacks gender, and it's not like english has been like this since forever once it also had grammatical gender until like 600 years ago, so it actually isn't that useless from a non native english speaker point of view

Indo-European languages that have lost grammatical gender:
English
Afrikaans
Bengali
Persian
Assamese
Ossetic
Odia
Khowar
Kalasha

We do for some objects, like clock.
>Vad är klockan?
>Hon (klockan) är ___

None spoken by continental european nations

Ossetia is, depending on the defenition of Europe

Let's hope the great nation of ossetia breaks away from russia and conquers the whole of continental europe with their 500 thousand people so they can impose the death of gender nouns on over 50 languages then