/smg/ almost 404d edition

Vegas will win the cup edition.

Popular brokers for stock trading:
Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Basic rundown on Options:
Part 1 : [YouTube] Option Basics Part I (embed)
Part 2 : [YouTube] Option Basics Part II (embed)

FED shitposting schedule
investing.com/economic-calendar/

Attached: local rock in great mood.png (739x718, 724K)

First

(that option videos fail)

Hope you bought the Ko dip

Attached: 1523142000892.jpg (1536x1536, 208K)

AMRS is master race.

yea i didnt want us to 404 though
didnt feel like goin and picking up the links again

FUCK ME DUDES, LOST 7.5% GODDAMN IT

Begin the drinking

Attached: 89ae421e-8af2-4381-b601-88fcbd1386e9_1.e3164ca4e9d0780d5426d2b4c37c9c85.jpg (450x450, 25K)

damn m8
on your whole portfolio? or just the position?

1/4 now down 9% past week worth of work almost gone

Its May 9th Activision! Wheres my dividend???

Attached: 1525874328362.gif (536x440, 156K)

end day: +0.24%
not bad

Onions Rock.

fuck that sucks man. i know how that feels. thats why i dont like jumping on every ER. you dont realize it (till it happens), but you end up taking on a lot more risk than youre prepared for sometimes

lol k
i was joking m8

are you enjoyin your yeast bags m8 ?

kek there is some kind of scam involving these I hear shilled on the radio every day

Who here SUNRUN'd?

I do not know the words to describe how good this feels.
I was net negative on April 6th.
I've sold off most of my options too, so the gains are pretty much captured.

Attached: Screenshot_20180509-161432.png (1080x1920, 114K)

Those are great for income. I know some retired fucks that just have a ton of those. You just have to know when that shit's going dry though so you can exit scam the shares and move to a new one.

Oil bulls watch out for RFS

Filling the gap!

this 5th correct day in row!
think ready for SPY options :D

PLNT fucked me good

RGR did great though

its not a scam. they just sometimes dump like crazy. and you have to be wary of ones that have massive debt and no cash on hand. theyll sucker you in with some huge div and then slash it and fuck you

Murdering kneepad girl!

thats a hell of a comeback m8
good fucking job

Congratulations, hope I can do the same.

who here /six digit portfolio/

Mines like that except opposite :(

if you count the decimal points

Is your portfolio in chilean peso?

Yeah, the scam isn't the MLPs but rather the 'product' in the radio ads. I looked it up and it's basically a guy selling subscriptions to a newsletter that contains info on how to invest in oil & gas MLPs. The ads run on talk radio mostly so it's obviously targeting boomers.

am at 96k will get alot more once nvidia reports good earnings and micron shoots up.

Anybody buying LAKE? We got an ebola outbreak

Attached: 18195164_1862280967371147_1832978946373325949_n.png (540x304, 325K)

its a great feeling. expect it to dip below six digits a few times before it settles above the 100k mark

I'm shorting them. My puts are up pretty high too.

Finally more than made up for the theta decay and fuck-ups from my first few options plays and calling FB's recovery too early

>PLNT fucked me good
Same. I held them briefly a while before earnings and thought it would be a good idea to buy back in the day before.

>think ready for SPY options
Be careful, senpai!

Thanks. This has been the bane of my existence for the entire last 2 months.
I had never been net negative before this, and hadn't even been close! I was actually up 66% prior to the nosedive, but it's heavily diluted because I dumped in something like 10k to help dig myself back out.

and I'm back mostly down .05%

The correction was scary but I held on tight and it payed off last few days.

Now my concern is when I have to eventually leave nvidia and micron trying to find something that can blow up like a pharma company but those are pretty risky.

>basically a guy selling subscriptions to a newsletter that contains info on how to invest in oil & gas MLPs
this is a good scam. i wanna get into this

its not easy to bet yourself out of a hole like that. you did good

when my port has a big dip I always sell everything for SPXL and it always recovers met

Usually when I'm in a hole like that I just keep digging.

>SOON

>am at 96k
I'm jealous that you get to play with that much capital. Must be insatiably nerve wracking though.
Does it distract you a lot from your job?
How volatile are your holdings?

>its not easy to bet yourself out of a hole like that. you did good
Thanks. I'm really proud of myself, but there's nobody outside of /smg/ that I can really talk to about stocks.

yea
me fucking too
its a bad habit

ask me again in two years

What are we going to shit post about for the next hour? How the Yankees are in a position tonight to do what's nearly impossible and take a loss off of their record?

The VIX is finished
We are going back to slow rise every day

>Pic related was my worst day.
My best tricks are to always check the 1 year and 5 year charts, check P/E ratio, check EPS history, and market cap for their room to grow. I go for the fastest growing on the 1 year chart and annualized on the 5 year chart and hold for months.
I have a background in CS and go for companies that have solid monetization plans if the EPS and P/E ratio don't look good.
My favorites are SHOP and SQ

>I always sell everything for SPXL
That's basically what I did.
I was like, "well shit, it couldn't get much lower"
So I bought longer term options and dumped in extra funds from the bank as pseudo-leverage.
It was still very hard to stay sure of myself, and I almost dumped all the options and gave up once or twice.

Attached: Screenshot_20180327-150638.png (1080x1920, 105K)

stocks that we bitched out on
I'll start
>buy into CRC earnings
>earnings are .17 on a -.88
>fuckyeah.jpeg
>stock jumps 5% in after hours
>next day sell on open
>few hours later stock is up ~30%

I check it every day it doesnt distract me however Im happy knowing that whatever stupid shit im dealing with is trivial when Im earning money through my decisions.

My 2 big positions are in micron and nvidia they had a scary period awhile back but they have huge upside potential.

The most volatile situations ive been in were in Aphria, Blue Apron, and UEC they have all gotten me a couple thousands but god damn you have to watch them every day and analyze the activity. I did not feel good owning aphria and luckily I dropped that shit before it plunged.

my worst day was with NAK and trump announced his import tax
... lost 30% of my portfolio that day

The chad strategy is to be 100% in SPY, and when it dips, sell it all for FNGU if that also dipped
but thats not nearly as fun as stocks

>bought May 11 SPY calls this morning
>Almost immediately dropped 15-20%
>Got the fuck outta there
>Later in the day SPY fucking moons
>Missed out on 90% gains in a single day

MFW

Attached: 1524261478704.jpg (621x725, 48K)

this. I'm 70% SPY, 10% bonds 10% fun money.

>see MU crash for no reason
>buy calls
>MU goes up a little, calls gain 20%
>MU is flat for a couple days, theta decay counting down
>sell calls
>MU skyrockets

SUNRUN beats earnings by 25% beat on revenue as well.

What do you do with the remaining 10%?

Attached: Toothpaste-Tube-RedWhiteBluePaste.jpg (600x421, 30K)

Never doubt the RUN

soon...

Thanks for playing

HEAR gaining big AH

cash ...
obviously this wasnt a accurate description, I also have a worldwide ex-us equity fund

should have listened to that randon guy

I should of not let that pump scare me way...

VIX shorts are going to get beat down so fucking hard again the next time there's a rate hike.
>t. Held XIV several times for months and into the VIXplosion
It absolutely is returning to that low VIX mentality from 2017 tho, I agree.
Just get the fuck out of your short before the feds meet again. It's only returning to that mentality because the feds didn't hike.

>My 2 big positions are in micron and nvidia they had a scary period awhile back but they have huge upside potential.
Yeah, I've been holding NVDA on and off for a year.
That dip following FB scandal and the 2nd rate hike was a GREAT time to buy a bunch of SOXL

>you have to watch them every day
I'm trying not to get myself into that kind of situation again... Well, I might even somewhat still be in that situation now with my several thousand in options that I have to babysit.
>Aphria
I have never heard of this and can't find them in Robinhood.
>I dropped that shit before it plunged
What the fug. Is it a biotech/biopharma?
I don't touch that shit.

I would youd rather just put the full 20% into hield yield bonds

I dont trade the vix, but based on its history, its too high for the type of market we have

Aphria is a canadian OTC weed stock
I got the stock tip from someone and made 4.4k however I was abit late to the weed party and everything dropped shortly after I sold. dumb penny stocks got overvalued with all the hype around it.

post your past week Jow Forums

Attached: past week 5-9.png (766x408, 12K)

>lost 30% of my portfolio that day
Fug.
>NAK
I've seen this ticker a lot. I've never touched it though because the 5 year chart looks like shit.

That's a lot like my strategy, but with SPXL instead of FNGU. I'm starting to deleverage myself again and stockpile SPY.
Also,
>FNGU
Dank. Watchlisted.
>thats not nearly as fun as stocks
It doesn't sound fun. FNGU looks like it acts a lot like my overall portfolio.
And I know that sucked a lot following this year's 2nd rate hike, because Wall Street was just shitting on tech companies. The market response to earnings reports didn't make fucking sense for the first week or two of earnings season.

>he didn't buy sunrun at $6
You bros should have listened.
I've been shilling this stock for months

HABT is the next stock

Attached: 1520022010104.png (839x526, 25K)

Im struggling to break my all time high
just need consumer non cylindricals to moon

Attached: week.png (487x450, 28K)

SUNRUN

Attached: Screenshot_20180509-141409.png (1080x1920, 115K)

I dunno, oil seems like its so damn over bought, but it's like totally got more room to go up. I'm thinking these energy commodities don't follow the normal over bought over sold waves but some other fucking bull shit that can just be strait up or strait down... If oil pulls back tomorrow I'll collect my money and call all the doubters faggots, but that really shouldn't happen. Currently short oil, gold and bonds. Learning from the CEO of TVIX fuck the market and profit.

when google is under 1000 fngu is dank as fuck

>theta decay counting down
This is why I buy options for way, way further out than necessary. The market stays irrational much longer than you expect and the further time spans slice down theta.

>canadian OTC weed stock
Oh yeah, I'm not touching that. Kek

>pic related

I would just watch TQQQ, SOXL, and TECL to get a feel for it. My portfolio is at least half tech anyways, so could be a good buy straight up for whenever my portfolio is shitting the bed.

Attached: Screenshot_20180509-171816.png (1080x1920, 116K)

mwahahaha!
kek
been picking up on how options work from context clues
gotta sell at high volume watch out for decay
EZ

Attached: 1440559690383.jpg (834x584, 196K)

SUNRUN!!!!!

I got sunburnt by not buying in

bought AT&T dip today
will I get bogged tommrow?

Based

You just need to make sure there's liquidity in the option market you're swimming in. Some people will buy these stupid options and just get trapped because nobody is trading them. You should be fine with close to the money strikes on SPY though. The spread on those is usually only a few cents at the most.

Rip, you were right user. That was a good maymay that should have caught on

Also should do the options a little further out than expected because the market can be irrational for longer than you expect.
You're doing one day positions though so you should be fine without using options that are months away as long as you're just closing off your position every time.

>didnt buy sunrun because I thought it was stupid

Attached: e35a5112-1cba-47af-a99c-d621904dfeef_1.215bedf15cb43c5b9e8abf1625156be0.jpg (450x450, 19K)

I got one put on USO right now, I think bagholders are going to scramble off and we'll see a slight pullback

Still digging out the hole I've been falling down since january but finally some back to back green.

Attached: Screenshot_20180509-172906.png (1080x1920, 112K)

Retard wrong pic

Attached: Screenshot_20180509-173015.png (1080x1920, 108K)

When's the TVIX earning call? Tomorrow pre-market?

WRONG
Oil is going to $150 dollars a barrel EOY!
USO TO THE MOON

Soon. We are nearing peak complacency and idiocy again in the market. This is when the board at TVIX inc will step in for advice.

Could've been better if I had iron hands but oh well

Attached: Screenshot_20180509-173254.png (1080x1920, 108K)

heres the quick run down on pepsi
Banks are stupid and dont realize how low it is yet, even though its the most heavyweighted component in all consumer staple etfs

This is your chance to buy Pepsi at a reseanoable price

Attached: Marbles-July4.png (1920x1200, 2.32M)

>oil going to $150
ok user

Banks have been selling stock since January though. Worlds biggest hedge fund flipped short today as well.

Youre right, too conservative. $300 EOM

Attached: 1507520543513m.jpg (660x1024, 82K)

Have you ever heard of Peak Oil? Read up on it last week and am now 85% oil stocks.

this is a meme opinion and is wrong

Attached: legendary.jpg (238x212, 8K)

I don't think we're there yet but soon though

Peak oil? It cant be helped

Attached: 62626325313599998.png (696x789, 1.62M)

they posted a big miss at 1:55 today, didn't you see