90s-early 2000s culture

Was the pre 911 period more comfy and happier? If so please tell a young zoomer about it

Attached: 26Ur.gif (500x333, 1020K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QZyHI0wo8Pk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Literally the best time to be a young adult. Lots of fortunes made by young people overnight thanks to the dotcom boom. All you needed was a good idea and you had no problems with finding rich investors eager to jump on the money train. Add to that the general mood of optimism and stability, since the end of cold war made people feel safe and secure.

It was shit in my country so no.
9/11 represents the end of shitty 90s and the new era of autocracy and well-living

>the new era of autocracy and well-living

Russians never cease to amaze me.

>Was the pre 911 period more comfy and happier?

Maybe it was like that in Europe and America, but definitely not here.

No it wasn't. Because back then modern architecture was common and modern architecture is pretty fucking ugly.

Attached: ugly.jpg (1618x1074, 318K)

Early 2000s were the worst years this country had, so no, nobody will remember these years to good

You have just never been in 90s Russia

Now we have post modern architecture. Which is definitely still ugly. But it is at least a significant improvement to modern architecture.

Attached: less ugly.jpg (3840x2400, 3.95M)

>poverty, more poverty, american building collapses, americans chimpout

dad was told to guard to borders harder because "terror alarm", he laughed at his officer

I was young, had lots of friends and the worst thing I could think of were bad grades. I wish I could go back. Also nice quads, desu senpai.

Attached: 1444755368902.gif (350x255, 1.78M)

cringe

There was a certain sense of wonder and excitement, but also crime. Economy was shit.
Things only became good around 2003, whichi s also when our HDI ranking got bumped from medium to high.

>everything changed after 911
please... after 2008 financial crisis maybe

It is just the undeniable eternal /comfy/ truth. Early 21st century > Late 20th century architecture.

Architecture could determine how comfy your environment is. Therefore your happiness.

Attached: shutterstock-387557167.jpg (1000x667, 1M)

Twin towers look better than most glass covered excuses for buildings now adays imo. Very simplistic but still classy unlike all the shit we have now that is just supoced to look """unic"""

The societal impact of the GFC is massively exaggerated, I can't think of any major changes since 2008 that can be attributed specifically to it.

Maybe that's the case in Australia. Europe hasnt still fully recovered from it

True I guess, we didn't even experience a recession and people stopped caring about it altogether in 2011. But I still think the cultural shift in the Western world as a whole was far greater after 9/11.

The design of WTC is simple but back then every american movie will always get a drone shot of this building and new york.

>Very simplistic
>simple
Exactly. They were nothing more than 2 long cubes and one of them had a long stick on it. Bush did the Americans a favor by removing these shit towers. And now they are replaced by one tower with more shapes and that is objectively more aesthetically pleasing. Even it's stick is more aesthetically pleasing. Now the New York skyline looks way better.

Attached: 1 > 2.jpg (1200x800, 196K)

90s is literally the good old days.
Economy and culture were by far better than now.

It kinda was. Mass stupidity didn't swamp everyday life due to web media. Economy was comfy after the 80's neoliberal boom and people seemed happier.
But don't idolise it. There was a reality of violence and poverty, outside of the west, that culminated in 9/11. 6 years after, came the crisis that spread division within the western camp, refugee waves and trade war. Doesn't look too good.

Socially it was like this
youtu.be/QZyHI0wo8Pk

>pre-9/11-World, now that was something

Attached: 75767570.jpg (680x585, 260K)