EU aims to abolish planned obsolescence

>The EU is ba..

Attached: file.png (668x506, 314K)

*millions of ancaps cry out*

...sed
soviet stuff like fridges works to this day because it wasn't made by corrupt capitalists who want you to buy new things all the time

>threatening capitalism
enjoy ur invasion

Absolutely based. Anyone who defends this is a shill or retarded.

FUCKING GOMMIES

Attached: file.png (545x402, 120K)

Finally. God we needed this.

t. doesn't resolder the kinked wires in his earphones/cables to support his corp

That’s amazing
Wish we could follow that way
Fucking hate planed obsolescence

how could you even prove this in a court of law? the manufacturer could just make shoddy products

>poor, dumb russians still have to use and repair old soviet appliances, because they can't afford new ones

Attached: 1518077583249.jpg (650x650, 83K)

you can do this with the free market too if you just stop buying iShit and demand other companies make better products

Just shut the fuck up.

IShit actually lasts quite long and gets updates

t. non IShit user

>companies start making higher quality products for eu but still make shit for everyone else
>companies stop selling to eu
>companies start making higher quality products for everyone
which is more likely lads?

>I don't understand economics

Attached: 1532043338130.png (645x729, 97K)

EU is based as fuck. My state is trying to do this as well.

Too late, at least for consumer electronics software will make hardware obsolete relatively quickly anyway, far before than any PO bullshit.

But he is correct. New fridges blow up in couple of years and they're fucking expensive. I have a Husqvarna microwave from early 90s and a Helkama fridge from late 90s and they're still working because they're Nordic quality. You don't get same quality anymore, anywhere. Germans are fucking bastards.

Mongol moron

Your post was retarded. There's literally no reason why we shouldn't welcome government help in ending crooked practices like this.

Attached: 1455399937144.jpg (552x443, 33K)

We have an old Grundig radio from the 70s, still works fine.

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.37M)

Software can be optimized and redundant useless options and features like telemetry, crypto miners, retarded graphical and other interfaces...
I could kill anyone that works at Microsoft and Google without any remorse or hasitation..

hi there, bootlicker

That’s because most cunts made things to last
Except the Americans, their economy relies on overproduction and overconsumption
This applies to everything

>GDPR
>Steam refunds
>Generic phone cables
>Now this
The EU is unironically based.

We used to make things to last too.

thats a good thing. but what are they going to do about it? how they gonna prove it? common sense tells you it is, but they won't use that logic in court. not when we're talking about the same people that let themselves be colonized by muslims
unless they find some sort of memo that shows proof of it, how are they going to do this

I’ll grant you that in heavy industry
But your consumer products nah

It has notning to do with communism. I still use 30yo Bosch fridge. On the contrary, soviet things used to be shit because main industry focus was military

FUCKING BASED!

Attached: 2f2.jpg (640x469, 70K)

Fuckin A man, I wish I had a bunch of 80's era kitchen appliances and laundry machines.

>That’s because most cunts made things to last .Except the Americans, their economy relies on overproduction and overconsumption
Imagine believing this. We aren't the exception for this.
Did you ever use a Samsung product? Is it really made to last ?

ahh asian and european new consumer products are not different at all

but how the fuck are you going to do that?

No, it was like that in everything produced industrially. People used to unironically believe that they would make more money by manufacturing a good product that will last the rest of your life.

Slap le Apple with fines

You are the mongol that doesn't understand economics though. Free markets only apply to perfectly competitive markets, which in reality don't exist.

aren't there companies who still produce/custom-build old refrigerators? Gotta be some in your country

Of course not
And neither are most things now
That’s why I used the word “made” past
Now everyone makes shit to compete in the 1 year lifespan of most consumer shit

wtf is this a proxy

Old fashioned refrigerators use a ton of electricity compared to newer ones. It might even be cheaper to buy a shoddy new refrigerator every 5 years just because of electric bills.

I think they're more expensive than they should be but yeah. Right now my appliances are included with my apartment unit so I'm not in the market, but they're shitty enough for me to complain anyway. I used to have an old Kenmore brand washer and dryer that I gave away and I'm kicking myself to this day.

muh free markets

they're also banning strike-anywhere matches and halogen bulbs

No

those are positive things

Attached: d024.jpg (394x366, 57K)

>Free market works when information is hidden

Attached: 1518478926155.png (644x500, 66K)

>strike-anywhere matches
Are they not already banned?

You might be able to optimize it a bit, but for it to continue working you also depend on many others. I couldn't access half the webpages on my old phone without my browser crashing. That would happen with or without PO, and faster every time.

Why should they be?

>capitalism will die in your lifetime
Based

keep kids from starting fires

I just travel to Serbia to buy all the stuff that's banned by the eurocrauts

good for you

Regulations can exist in capitalism you are confusing ancap bs with capitalism

I'd naturally be all for that except can't they start a fire pretty much just as easily with any other match or lighter?

eurocrauts are retarded, see the article 13 debacle

I started a lot of fires as a kid with the regular matches.

a lot of zoomers probably couldn't even work a matchbook

its called the nanny state and its what happens when your population is completely feminized

13 didn't pass

Capitalism seeks to erode regulations and societies.

kill yourself

No they can't. EU lighters demand some pressure to start. Little children can't use them.

they still took the time to write it and they were paid handsomely for doing that

the EU is positively based. they've consistently given the evil corporations the middle finger. sure they're not perfect, but as a governing body, they don't let MNCs cuck them

I appreciate this, I just don't know how they can pull it off. Companies will come up with an insane amount if b.s. to back up why things are breaking.

This.

The EU is wrong on immigration, but it is still by far the most capable force preventing corporate shills from cucking everybody.

not really, regulations existed in all capitalistic societies even fucking america. Liberalism doesn't oppose regulations when they protect the society

Mostly bad yea this is true, sometimes it has a streak of good ideas, nothing that needs us to become brussel puppets tho.

I'm sure they have been repaired. Soviet manufacturing standards essentially negate a rejection if planned obsolescence. Also most western shit can be fixed as well. It's more shit like iPhibes were you can't replace the battery that's mist likely to fail.

Tbh there's nothing wrong with what Apple is doing. If idiots want to keep buying their shit, let them.

Society has to actively fight against capitalism for that to happen. Otherwise..

Attached: image.png (709x554, 404K)

This is fucking appalling man.

Isn't nvidia stealth bricking old cards with "up"grades though? Obviously something like computers where there's a million parts that need to work together and are constantly advancing things will fall behind naturally but you can control the unnatural depriciation

to be fair that article is misleading. the epa basically just said that you can use asbestos in new applications, as long as they approve of it. there aren't going to be buildings with asbestos in them for example

ironically enough, Apple products are among the longer lasting products. Apple has got a lot of things wrong but you can't talk shit about their longevity
t. not an Apple fanboy

>old cards
what does that mean though? they haven't released a new generation since like 2016

They brick them with updates. That will be a thing at the past if the EU has his way.

it's basically check and balance. We can balance between capitalism and social security in all aspects. That's what's happening in eu and even in america in some periods of time including before trump where alot of regulations were made

this tbqh, just stop giving them your money you fucking retard, nobody forces you to

aye, I'm pretty sure Cook admitted as much fairly recently. still, I see way more MacBooks and outdated iPhones than say, an old Dell laptop or a Samsung smartphone

I dunno, like pre 10xx
Heard it from /v/ so take it with salt

> just look into the future and see if you're buying something that will last

i was under the impression that video cards don't usually last much longer than 4 years, so it could just be that their card is getting old

No, it was something like specific upgrades lowering performance

I own two macbooks that both died within three years of use due to poor build quality. OTOH, I still use two thinkpads my parents bought ~10 years ago.

>thinkpad
Those are made to survive a nuclear war. Are they still as good now that Lenovo makes them?

Weird I have had a pro for over 8 years and an mac air since 2013 and no problems at all. Had a thinkpad and some dell (i know) both crap out before 6 months were up, right in the middle of a semester.

The xx40 series was a total disaster and they butchered the keyboard for good, but the build quality is still miles ahead of apple's

It really is, based eu

No more roaming fees.
Press F for UK

T440p is a great value, very easy to repair or upgrade when compared to Apple or other laptop brands.
/tpg/ on Jow Forums will tell you more than you wanted to know about Thinkpads and which one is best for you.

So buy quality brands and get quality goods. It's not fucking hard.

"banning" planned obsolesce will leave you with the same problem

Except people don't buy what's best for them or what they'd prefer in free market or otherwise.

b-but muh economy!

One of my favourite purchaes of all time was a safety razor for shaving. I bought it for $50 bucks, and a pack of 100 razors for $15.

7 years later and i'm still using the same razor.

> you should have to buy the dishwasher equivalent of a lambo to get something with the same stamina as a basic housewife apparatus from 70 years ago
Planned obsolesence is literal broken window theory that libertardians ree about except it's good if a private actor does it
It's just a waste

well to be fair, planned obselesence doesnt work with items like razors anyways, as it's literally been comprised of two parts (handle, blade) for thousands of years
there's something to be said about the modular nature of modern razors (disposable blades made to last for short periods) just being another excuse for economic stimulation