/srmp/ general - The nitrites are here edition

>Guide to shrimpless cycling:
fishlore.com/aquariumfishforum/threads/ammonia-instructions-for-a-fishless-cycle.19627/
>Freshwater shrimp keeping guides
fishlore.com/aquariumfishforum/resources/freshwater-shrimp-keeping.23/
aquariuminfo.org/rcs.html
>Shrimp diseases and treatment
shrimpcorner.co.uk/blog/post/18-common-freshwater-shrimp-disease-treatments
>Why shrimp?
Shrimp might be our hobby. As long as you aren't a complete brainlet and read some guides to maintaining an aquarium, consistantly keep water paramiters in check which isnt hard, shrimp might be a great way for neets to make easy income. This is Jow Forums afterall. I want to put the business back in business and finance.
>Why am I adding ammonia user? Doesnt ammonia kills shrump?
You are adding ammonia while there are no shrimp in the tank. in short you are building a bactiral colony that will keep up with the bioload that your shrimp and other livesock create. Without it they would just stew in their own shit, piss and other things that aquatic life creates. The nitrogen cycle goes like this: Shrimp make ammonia through piss and shit, that ammonia is turned into nitrites by one bacteria, and the nitrites are turned into nitrates at the end of the nitrogen cycle. This bacterial colony is 100% required. no exceptions
>more to be added as the meme continues

I dunno about you faggots but I was serious about shrimp farming.
For all the other anons following my lead
>Hows your tanks coming?
>What are you farming or planning to farm?
>What else are you farming in your tank?
>Show off your livestock

Attached: DSC_0101.jpg (3840x2160, 2.72M)

Other urls found in this thread:

globalshrimp.io/?utm_source=icobench
youtube.com/watch?v=LtqIxGzwSuw
youtu.be/qabK5LKUls0
google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://repository.library.noaa.gov/view/noaa/12917/noaa_12917_DS1.pdf?&ved=2ahUKEwjm26Ozpf_aAhVDwVQKHZDBBn0QFjAaegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw2WlIstNOCe8Y1Q5A8FOln0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is getting overwhelming

Attached: laughingblackguy.gif (286x258, 2.51M)

WE'VE GOT CANNIBAL SHRIMP OUT HERE IN THE GULF, FRICKIN' CANNIBAL ASIAN TIGER SHRIMP ARE EATING ALL MY SHRIMP AND YOU GUYS ARE LAUGHIN'! I WANT MY SHRIMP BACK GODDAMNIT! I WANT MY SHRIMP BACK!

Once you have sufficient populations of denitrifying bacteria is when the real moon starts. Happy molting, don't forget iodine supplements in your water.

wasnt aware of the iodine. ill look into that user. thank you

It really depends. What kind of shrimp are you propagating? Freshwater I'm assuming from the links. Hard or soft water? All very important factors to maintain a self sufficient shrimp farm for maximum gains user.

globalshrimp.io/?utm_source=icobench

Hey biz I hear you like shrimp farming so here is a hidden gem.

> already has working product (shrimp farms in Peru)
> tapping into $67 billion global market
> pays out dividends each year from shrimprofits to token holders
> team of industry veterans and super intensive farmers
> only 147k raised so far

Get in before it’s gone, this could be the new /ourcoin/

Attached: 4E862F1C-3E59-445E-A2E9-4EB40A09B841.jpg (213x244, 13K)

very informative, thanks user.. please add meme lines next time for instructions

hard hard hard hard water. kh is like a 9 and gh is like a 15 i believe last i checked months ago. Hence why im sticking with neocaradina. I would have to jump through a lot of hoops for the species that require soft acidic water

youtube.com/watch?v=LtqIxGzwSuw

youtu.be/qabK5LKUls0

shoo shoo pajeet
this thread isnt for scams

How many shrimps to start staking in a colony? I want to host a master node

What hoops? If you want to branch out just use a reverse osmosis/deionization filter and remineralize the water with one of the many shrimp specific products on the market. The money made in shrimping in terms of the pet trade these days is made with the rare color combinations made by breeding them out. Toss in a few wild shrimp to prevent a genetic bottleneck and go wild discovering shit.

Attached: planted.jpg (960x543, 71K)

thats more or less the hoops im talking about. for right now a ro system isnt in the budget. i do plan on trying to play pokemon color breeding eventually and when i try to do that down the road then ill invest in that. for right now i just want to get the ball rolling.

My brother raises shrimp and is autistic about breeding them for different colors. Is this what you fags are doing? He started this shrimp thing about 2 years ago and now it's all he talks about.

thats comfy user. is that yours?
yeah thats more or less what im trying to do. I always knew i was somewhere on the spectrum

He is super early then. You should definitely try to get some of his genetics and start your own. In a few 40g breeder tanks with the right setup you can expect an excellent ROI. I net ~$1500 profit monthly just doing water changes 4 times a week and not much else. Ecommerce for small invertebrates is excellent...you can sell them on ebay.

wait u sell these guys on ebay? how do ship?

Shrimp can swim.

Overnight or 2-day shipped carefully in plastic bags

oh I thought you sold them live.

They are alive

hmm... brb.

Attached: jew.png (1920x1080, 331K)

so do they need water or?

Yes, in bags of clean water. The same way they ship living aquarium fish.

Board of directors chaired by ex-fisheries minister of Russia

How long does it take before you can start putting shrimp in the tanks OP? How many shrimp per tank? Are you planning on trying any aqua scaping?

its going to be a couple more weeks. nitrite to nitrate take the longest. im going to start with at least 10 per tank. dont really care about the aquascape. maybe eventually. I do plan on farming some plants with them such as water lettuce, water sprite, frogbit, java moss, and java fern. nothing high tech as far as plants go.

Who is buying these though? Like are these being bred for food or what?

BIG NEWS

SHRIMP FARMING WHITE PAPER RELEASED

Shrimp going to 10000 eoy

Captive Rearing of Fire Shrimp (Lysmata debelius) - NOAA Repository
PDF

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://repository.library.noaa.gov/view/noaa/12917/noaa_12917_DS1.pdf?&ved=2ahUKEwjm26Ozpf_aAhVDwVQKHZDBBn0QFjAaegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw2WlIstNOCe8Y1Q5A8FOln0

WTFFF. DONT CLICK THIS LINK

ALL MY FUCKING SHRIMPS ARE GOOOOONNNNEEE

Attached: 1515296943697.png (808x805, 423K)