Ugh...what could have been

Ugh...what could have been.

Attached: 1533915924467.png (602x542, 216K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xHb5UZ4KfrE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ugh... what could have been.

Attached: 1531239233240.png (1219x659, 26K)

Why take that random strip from norway?
What is there?
What was the motivation to take it?

It was taken and then returned during the time we were in a union with the danes.
See my pic for the actual Norwegian territory of old.

It cuts of northern norway from the rest

Ugh...

Attached: fOtEXNSGsU7HShHmSt7AXCS6jVMMuevhXYIsMOfmPFs.png (1456x1225, 465K)

unironically this except with equal rule this time

Based

Based.

who was in charge in the historical union? Denmark?

Attached: The_Kalmar_Union_at_the_beginning_of_the_16_Century_no_borders.png (949x926, 33K)

Same desu

Attached: latest-2.png (1600x960, 87K)

Yeah, Denmark.

Best version of a united flag I've seen so far, good one.

ugh...why is it over?

Attached: 43149519531.png (2000x1556, 1.37M)

because Nappy was retarded

There is also this one

Attached: latest-3.jpg (1130x706, 124K)

Don't like that one as much honestly, yellow backgrounds look bad. But I guess it looks more like the original Kalmar flag.

no u

Attached: 431543645.jpg (250x333, 22K)

youtube.com/watch?v=xHb5UZ4KfrE

Attached: 1484858751692.png (658x400, 99K)

Leave us out, there will be no Finns or Finnish language if this happens since Scandis speak practically the same language and the rule would be centralized in Sweden which is not ideal either

I agree but the first flag kinda looks a bit too Uk'ish for my liking

uhm what the hell is that finnish quadron? is that even finnish?

oge
how about a union with Eesti?

A majority rule of any one nation in the union is a union that Norway will never ever join, so don't worry.
Distribution of ruling rights will be exactly equal, or there will be no union.

I though it was?

Estonians are vassals at best for the Finns. Better to have big bro Sweden taking care of things that require high brain function.

No. We ought to be alone and mere allies with our neighbors

When did Norway "peak" anyways? 900-1000 ish?

872-1397.
In 1260-1380 we annexed Iceland as a tax colony, something I regret to this day.
That's over a century of worse treatment than anyone ever did to us. Norwegians are hypocrites if they fail to mention 1260.

Thank fuck it doesnt look like this, im sure cuck swedish politics would have ruined all of these amazing countries then.

I can assure you it wouldn't. For Norway, equal ruling rights is more important than anything else.
If anyone at all wants to rule singlehandedly we step out and tell all of you to fuck off.

Even if so I don’t feel comfortable being in an union that is ethnolinguistically completely different. People like themselves tend to stick together thus during potential harsh times we’re the first ones to fall in such union

That's fair.

Huh. Neat. I always thought Iceland belonged to you before the Danes took it.
Like when the old tribes united to form the Kingdom proper Iceland was just part of the lands that went along with it.

>I always thought Iceland belonged to you before the Danes took it.
It did indeed. Too few swedes and even danes know, you all seem to brush over everything except 1397-1814.

It's not like we treated the icelanders well (we didn't), so I don't like to talk about it.

the only one of these that makes me sad is looking back on the world Bismark painstakingly crafted over his career

>Like when the old tribes united to form the Kingdom proper Iceland was just part of the lands that went along with it.
Not quite accurate, assuming that you mean the unification of the Kingdom of Norway.
Norway was united in 872. Harald Hårfagre, our first king, supposedly was a harsh ruler.
He is indirectly responsible for the biggest mass exodus in Norwegian history when a mass of norwegians fled to and populated Iceland in the early 10th century.

it bears zero resemblance to the actual coat of arms of finland, only the blue & white colours are even somewhat relevant

It’s gonna come back, isn’t it. 1991 worst year of my life

Attached: 93912906-40FA-464F-85BA-FC2E269110AB.png (990x378, 47K)

Finns were always too intelligent to stay with Sweden, it was inevitable.

if f*nns would start speaking Swedish instead of f*nnish already it could work for us

Attached: 51768954-8576-409D-8C77-E41C84EFFEBB.png (400x381, 109K)

evil only dies once

>Not quite accurate, assuming that you mean the unification of the Kingdom of Norway.
It was just one of those things that I assumed for some reason.

It still fucks with my mind that Gotland wasn't officially part of Sweden until the 1600s.
>tfw Gotland could have been ruled by the Knights Hospitaller right now if they weren't so butthurt about losing Malta
Now that would have been some neat shit.

Rest in benis

Attached: imagine there's no anglo, no serbians too, imagine all the germans, living united oooo.png (1200x1000, 349K)

That's because it isn't Finlands arms, Einstein. It is Götalands

>It still fucks with my mind that Gotland wasn't officially part of Sweden until the 1600s.
That's not true though. Gotland was part of the Swedish kingdom proper before Valdemar Atterdag.

R.I.P but unironically

Attached: 1511153576831.png (633x758, 138K)

Which they took from Bjälbo presumably.

Fucking horrifying. I'll take anglos anyday of the week

hope never dies

Attached: 09D43725-D8E0-4922-825F-D1ABFDED7207.jpg (2017x1307, 1.03M)

glad this tumor was cut down

Yeah.
Honestly feel like we betrayed Iceland and Icelanders to the level of being unforgiveable.

First, we force people to live on a near barren volcanic island FAR away from Norway.
Then, a couple of centuries later, we literally treat them the same way we treated the Hebrides, a tax colony. They got a set of laws and a few trading ships in return, nothing more.
And THEN, in 1814, Denmark had the power to rip Iceland out of our hands.
Now they learn danish in school.
Norwegians' sense of guilt should be tenfold if more people knew what really happened.

Attached: 1517443889021.jpg (519x648, 50K)

Oh. Shit, forgot about Ladulås.

Didn't the Danish potato-famine the fuck out of the Icelanders though?
Like of the countries they have been fucked by dosn't Denmark top the list far above Norway?

>GDP nominal 11th
Jesus

I hope they see it that way. Famines happen anywhere, any time, more often than not because of far-away reasons.
Norway's actions were deliberate and resulted in the shitshow that it resulted in.

Why have Sca*dies treated people so badly? Been literal niggers, if I dare say?

Every western European nation has treated people and nations badly, it's just a matter of scale.
See the british empire.

Cause for a while we were powerful enough too.

do tell me why teh fuck would a new kalmar union have the flag of a swedish province on it

its echoes are still around of course

Attached: haale.jpg (3178x1730, 1.62M)

Cause Sweden prefers to be on there twice.

Seriously I don't get it. It's pretty strange.

Attached: 1461875192714.jpg (600x708, 49K)

GIVE US BACK WHAT YOU STOLE YOU FUCKING SNOWNIGGERS.

What the fuck did we steal? British girls' virginities?

he's probably referring to the Deluge

Swedes stole shitton of stuff during Thirty years war. GIVE IT BACK CUNTS

Finders keepers

stealing something=/=finding something

>not choosing the ultimate swedish ugh what could have been

forgot pic

Attached: Zygmunt_Waza_Soutman.jpg (737x1067, 525K)

S