Moving to Japan

I've recently graduated from high school, and have been suffering from major depressive disorder for the past two years. I'm sick of my life, and can't stand to spend anymore time in the situation I'm currently in. Before I spend another 4 years of my life studying at a University, I want a few months of freedom. I want to travel to somewhere I've never been, and experience something new.

I've got ~$7,000AUD saved up and I was hoping to possibly go to Japan. I should also mention, that I'm most likely going to be travelling alone, I don't have many friends. And besides, I think I'd rather be alone.

I have deep vested interest in Japanese culture and history. I want to join a dojo (preferably of the Yoshioka-ryū style) upon arrival where I can hone my skills under a master. My Japanese is rudimentary but I plan on improving it with regular use.

What do you think?

Attached: 1523757508233.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

Other urls found in this thread:

au.emb-japan.go.jp/itpr_en/visa_workingholiday_en.html
anabukitravel.jp/shikoku88/en/
youtube.com/user/cmbroad44
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck off we are full.

>I want to join a dojo (preferably of the Yoshioka-ryū style) upon arrival where I can hone my skills under a master

Pretty good plan

Thanks
Fuck off English teacher

you can come here if you want to experiment mad max tier shit, also you will be super rich with 7k

Like what?

I think moving to Japan will be a great experience in your life, do it.

Is it really that bad?

Drugs, violence, tons of beautiful women that are hunting visas so they can get out of this shithole, public decapitations, firefights everywhere

I've got an Australian friend like you who spent 3 months here

Doesn't really interest me.

What was he like?

Attached: 1523758005614.jpg (1500x901, 274K)

ok
anytime anywhere welcome!

>moving
How? Will you get married and aim for a spouse visa? Will you go job hunting online to get a working visa (which is difficult if you aren't a "professional")? Or will you spend thousands of dollars to study in Japan?

t. John Smith

he confined himself in Tokyo, kept beer company and never went out of it. I'm sure the way he spent time here would def make you pusillanimous and atrabilious

Haven't really thought about that. It'd be a lot cheaper if I find a spouse tho right

Sounds depressing

Can I open your fridge?

I recommend you to stay in some rural area instead

No, it's not. I'm getting ready to apply to a spouse visa. I will spend 100.000 on an immigration lawyer and it's very difficult to lead a fake marriage in Japan.

weeb

How different is that to Tokyo?

How expensive is a student visa?

I'm not a weeb I like Japan more for than it's cartoons

Australians can get working holiday visa for 6-12 months.
au.emb-japan.go.jp/itpr_en/visa_workingholiday_en.html
Nothing special needed.

would you like to surround yourself in concrete jungle? how about launching Ohenro?
anabukitravel.jp/shikoku88/en/

>How expensive is a student visa?
Paying for tuition isn't the problem, the average language school costs 6000 dollars (one year). But how will you survive? Students aren't allowed to earn a lot of money. Working legally and earning more than you should isn't allowed, and working ilegally isn't allowed.
You have two possibilities:
Tourists: go to Japan for 91 days, go back to Australia or fly to Korea or HK, and go back to Japan for other 91 days (you can only do it once).
Working holiday visa: you need to apply, but the embassy can reject you for pretty much nothing. I got reject because I didn't have a bank account. I had 10.000 dollars in cash, a flight ticket, and my father's bank account but that wasn't enough for them. Fine by me, I'll get married very soon.

married to a japanese women? how did you meet

>serious mental illness
This represents a problem for being allowed in to the country as anything other than a tourist; it's also likely that stress and isolation in a foreign country will exacerbate your condition and make things worse. You should be very cautious about this.

>freedom
Japan is an orderly place, not a libertine one. People will probably leave you alone, but don't expect to win good friends by wandering around doing whatever you feel like.

>$7,000
This is plenty for a couple of months of travel.

>vested interest
I doubt this very much. Do you know what the term actually means?

>join a dojo
They might not let you in if you are just travelling. If by some twist of fate you find a full-time dojo that will accept you, then you won't be able to travel around. You might also run in to visa trouble.

>Japanese is rudimentary
You need to improve it substantially before receiving instruction in a martial art.

There are ways to make your idea work but I doubt you will go through with it.

In 2015 I made up my mind to travel to Tokyo, I've been a big fan of the Japanese hardcore scene (among other things) so I thought it was the moment to go.
One day I thought about using Craigslist Tokyo to find company to go to a concert (just that, a concert friend, male or female, I wasn't looking for love). I got an email, this person was asking if I knew an argentine band called "Sentencia Previa". We started talking about music, I didn't know her genre, age, name. I found out she was a woman when she added me on Facebook. Long story short, in December 2015 I went to Tokyo, we met, and after a while we fall in love. I've spent a good part of these last years in Tokyo, she's been here in Buenos Aires. I move out in december. We will get married before year-end and we will apply for the spouse visa (of course I'll do it with the help of a lawyer, I don't want to take any risk).

what is your ethnic background also height?

I'm caucasian. White, blue greenish eyes (is that even a color?), Light brown hair. Height? I think I'm close to 1.80m.

pretty good height. children might not be manlets

youtube.com/user/cmbroad44

this guy makes videos about japan if you want ideas.

I personally do not like Japan or the Japanese though, you should try visiting Europe instead.

Do you think you can become hokage before your 7k runs out?

of course it is a beta male going to fucking Japan

Good for you user :')

Wishing you and your fiance a happy marriage, man.

>I don't have many friends. And besides, I think I'd rather be alone.
I think your problems lie in here. Try interacting with as many people as possible. It’d be only a few month.
Otherwise your life will not change drastically no matter where you go.
T. Once suffering from depressive disorder but leading a happy life now

Thanks, I can't wait to enrich Japan.

How easy is it to move to another country? Not Japan in particular. I know you can apply for working holiday visas etc for various lengths depending on international relationships but how many steps are there to moving to another country to live? I suppose you have to have a good education to show usefulness to their economy etc?

If you have depression, are unfamiliar with the culture and language, and have no friends, you'll end up trapped in your hotel room being depressed and marinating in your sadness. Get help first, because travelling overseas to a foreign country won't magically solve all your mental issues from a change of scenery.