Does Jow Forums love watermelon?

Does Jow Forums love watermelon?

Attached: 8327B18E-7163-427F-BA01-F025466775C6.jpg (550x550, 46K)

Yeah

Yes, specially with chilli powder and some lime drops

Yes.

everyone does.

Who dosen't ?
Now who likes prickly pears ?

Attached: CosTc4iWgAAFkam.jpg (600x434, 57K)

used to but now I find it disgusting for some fucking reason

i never really liked it, hate the seeds and it doesnt taste that great

No. It isn't worth the seeds in your mouth.

Made some spicy grilled chicken the other day and had no water to wash it down, so I decided to eat a watermelon. I might be black.

Only those without seeds

> without seeds
How is this possible, kek

Why are watermelons associated with African-Americans?

Just swallow the seeds

>prickly pears

theres no such thing.

They are a cactus fruit, not sure why a Tunisian would know them. I thought we were the only ones who ate them.

> that flag
> just swallow dude

dont know what ukranian watermelons are like but youre stomach would hurt pretty bad doing that with the watermelons in my area

;)
Don't want a cucumber to grow in my stomach :3

Attached: caparros_sandia.jpg (460x293, 34K)

And what is that supposed to imply?

> pic
Wow, west is so big, they have everything

Well that is weird cause the wiki says australia has it..
>Like most true cactus species, prickly pears are native only to the Americas. Through human actions, they have since been introduced to many other areas of the world.
Thanks to the spanish the old world was introduced to many things we use it today in cooking, like tomatoes for example.

There are Opuntia (nopales) near the mediterranean coast of Spain and North Africa. I'm not sure if those are native species.

Hybrid plants produce seedless fruits (or with little, not viable seeds), there are also some cases in which the fruit develops but the seeds are aborted, it's biologically possible and no gmo's are involved.

We are Africa

yep

i was a watermelon growing peasant, ama

I know that, but not everything from here became widespread, and even when it did, sometimes it didn't get any use, like the corn fungus. We also eat that particular cactus itself, not just the fruit. Do you do that?

have you ever smuggle it to african american watermelon delaer?

no i sold it to local vegetable man (premium), big market at budapest (ok) and foreigners (shit quality)

No, I only eat the fruit and it spread because it's a pest. Those fuckers destroy arable land, no surprise it's a pest in Tunisia.

In tunisia we call it Hindi. Since the native americans were obviously called red indians at first. So that is why it's 100% from the america.
No we don't eat the cactus, it probably tastes like leafs ?
It's mostly used by the farmers on the side of their properties near the road.

>Well that is weird cause the wiki says australia has it..

some people have a cactus growing in their yard but ive never thought to pick bits off and eat it. never seen that type of fruit in the shops either. a lot of australia is desert, maybe theyre more common there.

Yeah they like arid and semi arid lands which tunisia has lots of, they go hand in hand with olive trees.
It's really good, and since it grows in the summer it helps. Try it once maybe you will like it, but be careful of those spikes or whatever they are called

>leafs
Not really. It's a bit sour, but its peculiar texture is hard to explain. A bit of a generic vegetal taste really, kinda like green beans I guess.

It used to be sold when I was a kid, I don't see it any more. Haven't eaten it in a while but literally just drive down to the outback and you can pick up boatloads for free. It's pretty nice to eat in the heat.

Nice, pic related are fruits of other edible cactus.

Birds and rodents must spread the seeds, meanwhile Eucalyptus trees were intruduced here and compete with native trees. If you get lost and need food cut one of the pads, burn the thorns, peel-off the "skin" and roast the pad then eat it.

Attached: images(10).jpg (743x413, 37K)

Cool but we don't have those ones

Attached: NATURE-PricklyPear_1024x768.jpg (690x330, 44K)

>It used to be sold when I was a kid, I don't see it any more.

were you the one who posted its considered a pest? people are really sensitive about invasive species these days so maybe that why you dont see it any more. is it sweet?

>Try it once maybe you will like it

if i ever see it, i will.

Pretty accurate, the only bad things about them are the excessive amount of mucilage if they are not boiled or cooked right and, of course, the thorns specially the small ones.

It's one of few fruits I fucking hate.

Attached: IMG_1356.png (528x498, 186K)

racist.

Its not a fruit its a berry

>Its not a fruit its a berry

arent berries fruit?

Yeah, that was me.

>is it sweet?

Yup, they're quite tasty and nice when served chilled. If you can get your hands on some you should give em a try.

what
that's the first time I've heard anyone say this

Attached: 1424175592926.jpg (500x464, 42K)

Yes, I do.