IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO BECOME TRULY FLUENT IN A LANGUAGE IF YOU START LEARNING IT LATE

Isn't human biology just great?

Attached: critical-period.gif (512x384, 7K)

this is cope, so long as you arent a turbo brainlet you will be fine, maybe not fluent but competent with an accent is still based

"truly fluent"

Define that, please.

Still possible to learn well enough to be able to have conversations with anyone, read fancy poetry and literature, write formally, etc. so who cares.

Attached: philosophical problem dad dick ass your dick mom.jpg (960x694, 51K)

Forward desu, having a dick in your ass is gay.

>this is cope

No, it's science. Humans at an early age have a language acquisition device which allows them to instinctively learn languages just through exposure. That's how babies learn to speak.

>competent with an accent is still based

You can absolutely become competent yeah, but it's not the same as fluency. No matter how hard you try, you'll likely always have linguistic quirks or make small mistakes that will mark you out as a non-native speaker, even over text.

If you learn a language during your critical period it's possible to become as fluent as a native speaker, without an accent or anything.
You can still learn a language after that period and be fluent, but you'll have a foreign accent and will still make occasional mistakes. Does it matter that much?

>Define that, please.

Totally indistinguishable from a native speaker.

>Still possible to learn well enough to be able to have conversations with anyone, read fancy poetry and literature, write formally, etc. so who cares.

Sure but it still sucks to know that people will always be able to tell I'm a non-native even over the internet, and that there's absolutely nothing I can do about it no matter how hard I try.

online? not when it comes to english lmao their natives are so dumdum that I'm mistaken for a native 99% of the time

>Isn't human biology just great?
Pretty great compared to animals.

>always have linguistic quirks or make small mistakes that will mark you out as a non-native speaker, even over te

This doesnt mean you arent fluent, just that you are not native. Nice coping mevhanism so you wont learn a language mohamed

And even natives make mistakes when speaking

>Totally indistinguishable from a native speaker.

Lmao nobody uses that as a criteria for fluency ahmed

Critical period hypothesis is a controversial subject within linguist circles and not at all commonly accepted as a hard fact.

>tfw can read and understand French okay but my pig English brain works too slowly to respond in French and not sound like a retard.
LE HON HON OU EST LE GARE :DDDDD

Attached: kot.jpg (1007x1004, 94K)

I bet my left nut u dont practice speaking as much as reading. This is a non issue of you spoke it daily

I don't practice at all anymore because I've actually travelled and people speak English everywhere

That was how I practiced as a teenager though, yeah

Honestly bullshit. I've learned spanish from 0 in one year, and i'm 23

Italian and Spanish are basically the same language

Your graph says its more difficult but not impossible. Theres this black dude on youtube who started learning Mandarin in his early twenties and cantonese in his early thirties and is now fluent in both.

>You can absolutely become competent yeah, but it's not the same as fluency. No matter how hard you try, you'll likely always have linguistic quirks or make small mistakes that will mark you out as a non-native speaker, even over text.

So what? Why should I care unless I'm a spy?

>learned spanish "from zero"
>is italian

yeah go fuck yourself

Actually IIRC Italian has more similarities with French than with Spanish. They just """sound""" the same to people not familiar with them.

It is bullshit i learned German as a young adult in 3 years and speak it without an accent according to other Germans. Sure i make the occasional grammar mistake when speaking but so do a lot of German natives on a few occasions

>no, it’s science
t. brainlet

Plenty of interpreters only started learning languages past the “critical period.” Just look up Kato Lomb. She spoke 5 languages fluently and even more proficiently but didn’t start studying languages till she was about 20. My Spanish professor was a monolingual WASP until he became interested in Spanish in college and now he’s fluent too.
It’s perfectly possible to learn another language as long as you put in the effort. Stop trying to make excuses for your peanut sized brain.

JAH DAS OOMA WAR VON HAMBURG

GOTT STRAFFE PRUSSIA

Attached: wehra.png (213x237, 8K)

doesn't brain plasticity only really start falling off to brainlet-level in your late 20s?

You’re looking for excuses instead of studying harder dumbass. But I’m sure no matter what people tell you you will still look at others for excuses for your failure

>I own several stahlhelms, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to Germany, so I can fit in easier.
>I do the hitler salute to my elders and seniors and speak German as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

Attached: 1398472986028.jpg (476x717, 66K)

Yes forward seems like the correct answer. Your mommy will forgive you and bake you a cake afterwards.

Lmao u niggas wish you were fluent in german. I dont even have any german heritage i just like rammstein and germany

this is silly, its more to to inefficient teaching and lack of focus by the student