RBC is blocking all crypto purchases

Time for a new bank. If you use RBC, time to switch.

Here are some of your options

posconnect.com/CreditUnions.htm

Attached: unnamed.png (512x512, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

business.financialpost.com/technology/blockchain/canadas-banks-allow-credit-card-crypto-purchases-for-now
twitter.com/QuickBT/status/996146022488293376
reddit.com/r/BitcoinCA/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fuckRBC

desjardins

cryptos a joke in canada, easy to put money in, evry1 shilling to put money in, but literally impossible to sell out

it was only a matter of time. localbtc it is.

Source? Why all of a sudden would they block it?

I live in a country that has RBC
Please tell me this ban only applies to some of their banks in certain locations/countries

Are you serious? I legit only had an acc for crypto lmao. I'm taking my 10 dollars elsewhere, fuck these guys

How is it impossible to cash out? All you have to do is transfer CAD from the exchange to your bank account, you goddamn fucking braindead retard.

yeah I thought RBC bought a bunch of ripple or something, no idea why they're so hostile now.

I switched and closed all my accounts. They treated me like a criminal

And I mean I took a loooota $$ outta that bank. F$@k them

explain. did they call you out for buying crypto?

There are a lot of reports of multiple banks refusing these transactions and cancelling accounts now. Tbh, even buying in is getting more and more difficult. I'm mostly in crypto in the hope that by the time I'm ready to cash out, this situation will be resolved.

That's really strange because I specifically made an account to fund my crpyto trading and my bank w (TD) was extremely casual about it, telling me there's absolutely no issue with crypro (almost treating it like it's a silly question to think that there would be). Seems a few banks are really starting to see it as a threat if all this is true.

Pretty sure I read on /reddit/ about someone having had his TD account closed because he mentioned crypto, but I can't find it right now. Must have been somewhere in /bitcoinCA. The bank I'm with has been one of the first to ban it, but afaik most really only started to take action since January. It's good if you haven't had problems up to now, maybe there's no global directive at TD yet and it just varies from branch to branch, I don't know.

Why is there no official statement from RBC on this yet? There has to be thousands of people affected

Rule of thumb in Canada is always bank with TD, no problems with anything anytime, open almost all the time, best site etc. Every other bank is shit compared to TD. Bank with TD then buy some TD stock. They expanding I'm the US, the next times 100 eoy

Exactly. Use them as well. Great fucking bank and the staff are always nice.

>have a staff RBC banking account
>immune to blockage and tax

>banking in the west and not in a tax haven
you're absolutely dense OP

I know a bunch of people that had to open an RBC account to get a regular debit account for quadriga because TD only offers debit/visa cards

thanks just bought 100k

where is this being reported? I use RBC all the time.

What's the friendliest bank to cash out into? I'm reading TD but I thought they were refusing transactions along with RBC and BMO. I have a National chequeing account hopefully their cool with it.

payfair.io is better than localbtc

funny cuz i literally just got off the phone with RBC confirming this fact, cannot use CC to purchase crypto anywhere

After a couple weeks of bouncing between incompetents at my TD branch, I finally found the most experienced teller who was happy to help me get a regular Interac Debit. You just have to talk to someone who is knowledgeable. Many people told me they CAN NOT but then I found the educated one who just did it for me. It's really hit or miss.

Check Quadriga's Twitter today.

Nobody is talking about credit cards, retard

fuck u, just giving info

RBC also banning email money transfers and wires to Quadrigacx or no? The tweet refers to Interac online specifically.

My dad uses RBC exclusively. I sent him 0.1 ETH to mess around with. Gave him some crypto homework to see if he could transfer the ETH from his ledger wallet address to quadriga wallet and cash out into CAD. I doubt cashing out is a problem. Banks don't mind money coming in. What they don't want is money going out because they lose out on money they can play with on their side. A lot of banks in Australia have taken a similar stance last year during the bull run. Thank goodness I pumped over 100k before all the bans. Remember, there's always localbitcoins....and I'm sure there's at least one bank in Canada that will let you do whatever.

Attached: 1521221835828.png (413x403, 113K)

Whats the most crypto-friendly bank left in Canada?

I haven't lived in Canada for over 7 years bruh. I abandoned it, along with my 6 figure student loans, kek.

Tell me your ways

Also best way to buy Crypto today in Canada?

TD seems to work:

business.financialpost.com/technology/blockchain/canadas-banks-allow-credit-card-crypto-purchases-for-now

If any bank thumbed their nose at me I'd close my account and tell them why.

Is cashing out a problem?

Payfair.io is the way to go

>cashing out
I'm starting to think that none of us will ever have that problem desu. But generally the same bank that causes problems to those trying to cash in don't seem to cooperate much more when it's time to cash out.

Stop shilling your bags, this is about banks not letting you take money out.

Still no official response from RBC. When they stopped credit card purchases they at least posted a one liner

Seems like a lot of Canadian exchanges are warning people of this, they're usually the first one to notice these kinds of things (and when exchanges confirm it, you know it's not just FUD. For example: twitter.com/QuickBT/status/996146022488293376

Look through the recent posts at reddit.com/r/BitcoinCA/ and on the individual exchanges pages, there are a bunch of examples.

I started getting "Courtesy Calls" from my banks asking me I was satisfied with their services. What should I do? Am I on a list?