DJT - Daily Japanese Thread #2044

DJT is a language learning thread designed by and for those studying the Japanese language.
Japanese speakers learning English are welcome, too.

Read the Guide linked below before asking how to learn Japanese:
djtguide.neocities.org/
itazuraneko.neocities.org/
Check the Cornucopia of Resources before asking where to download X or Y:
djtguide.neocities.org/cor.html

Archive of older threads: desuarchive.org/int/search/subject/Daily Japanese Thread/

Previous Thread:

Attached: 1389706895308.png (1269x811, 559K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g_wNgdCl9Ss
showa-seito.co.jp/
youtube.com/watch?v=9_RjrrlITcs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Input_hypothesis
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: Untitled.png (721x119, 13K)

forgot to mention, please keep normalfaggotry at a minimum this time
you don't get upvotes here

稼働

Attached: idiom03963_01.jpg (750x500, 153K)

What are some phrases for starting and ending a phone conversation casually and formally?

もしもし
ポーランドです

Yeah, more?

Morning blogpost
youtube.com/watch?v=g_wNgdCl9Ss

(;・∀・)

what are you guys reading? Tried reading some more serious literature lately

>bet you fags don't even have any 粋

Attached: Capture.png (633x847, 1.01M)

looks boring as fuck 2bh

I started pic related recently, but I can't invest too much time right now

Attached: cover.jpg (216x299, 13K)

casual:
"俺、俺、or 私、私、(your name)だけど"
"それじゃあ or じゃあね"
formal:
"もしもし、 (the person you are calling)様でしょうか?私、(your name)ですが(と申しますがinstead of it, adding the company or any organization you belong to when the person don't know you beforehand)"
"それでは失礼致します"

>in casual way, people tends to omit to tell their name, so it's the typical trick which bank transfer scams (振り込め詐欺、オレオレ詐欺) use. They pretend to be somebody the people already knew, mainly offspring of elder parents, by not telling their name and ask them to transfer money to designated bank accounts, telling they are in trouble and need money urgently.

Attached: oreore.jpg (290x408, 57K)

新しいことわざを出来ました!
>電子レンジより団子
意味がわかんないけど

おは~

Still slowly making my way through 雪国. Great book, but I've been too busy to read much lately.

Attached: 1519080697074.jpg (366x499, 22K)

It seems all 必要悪s have gone..
We are in Jow Forums, it's not a ideal linguistic classroom. All we can do is picking up some coins out of 肥溜め, or you might practice swimming in the JP thread if you are skillful enough.

Attached: shitpit.jpg (1920x1206, 1.15M)

>or you might practice swimming in the JP thread if you are skillful enough.
ぼくの日本語はまだ目障りですね
迷惑をかけるごめんです

>JP thread
It's just another 野壷, I meant.

Attached: gen.jpg (620x465, 71K)

gkのドイツ旗とペルー旗以外に誰かが気が合わないですか
パンツ屋?

All of us are equally useless shit on this board I meant.
We can freely post in any threads on this board for any purpose. We 'd do anything we want here.

Attached: WeAllShit.jpg (800x1058, 257K)

>tfw you'll be an old loser before you're even remotely decent at japanese

I wasted my life, wish somebody would kill me

Attached: 1530974815861.webm (450x244, 2.6M)

それどころか、役に立つの証拠はこれいい人じゃん

You consciousness doesn't age, only your body

>いい人
I don't think so. For example, this is the pic which I posted on a /mena/ thread one day.
>As one of honorable djt posters you'd be able to read the letters written on the package
>This brand has been the top seller of the category more than a decade here, as I remember.

To be surprised, they generously accepted this and rather get more upset on a story I found in a gay bulletin board in Japan in which a Japanese businessman got raped by a muscular man during his business trip to meddle east and ended up as a gay who longs for the thing which once penetrated him brutally.

Attached: arab.jpg (429x403, 85K)

What a faggot

>in a gay bulletin board in Japan in which a Japanese businessman got raped by a muscular man during his business trip to meddle east and ended up as a gay who longs for the thing which once penetrated him brutally.
そういう時もあった
全部誤字によってかこつけてしょうよ
めでたしめでたし

Attached: 17.png (224x224, 9K)

こんいちわ皆さん
ムーミン谷の春 = "Spring in Moomin valley"?
ありがとう

Attached: 1514762381624.gif (461x346, 149K)

こんにちは*
ye

OK

Attached: winter.jpg (540x540, 97K)

Page 10 in 20 minutes

位置について、用意、ドン

Attached: 1521518216074.webm (640x360, 1.65M)

that's what happens when you make this thread when the Americans are sleeping

Nah I think it has something to do with 25% of the threads being pepe

lol what, usually the thread dies when the europeans are asleep

yea, a lot of low quality posts right now, but it doesn't seem to be a raid

>talked to non-Japanese in English in my office
>in a way I talk on this board
>he showed 0 interest in my topic
>seems he has 0 interest in learning Japanese furthermore
>good bye
What you learned in Jow Forums works only in Jow Forums
>good life lesson, thanks

Attached: thanks.jpg (233x278, 15K)

What topic though, he's probably just a cunt anyway

Maybe he just didn't understand what you were saying and escaped as soon as he could

>>he showed 0 interest in my topic
like what?
it sounds a bit like you lectured him out of nowhere about something

About English and Japanese language, and other daily incidents between our countries
likely to be that, thanks
seems like that, thanks.

Seeing you posters in this thread, it seems I nurtured a preconceived notion that every non-Japanese coming here, especially for not a short period of time, are so ardent to learn our language. Totally my bad. I'll withhold it from now on.
>気をつけます

Attached: withhold.jpg (269x291, 28K)

知ってる 冬 = "Winter"
I didn't recognize the kanji, but I knew 'fuyu' is winter so I tried typing that in.
ありがとう
Hope it is better there than over here, I only know a handful foreigners who can speak finnish (most of them grew up here).

I did something similar recently Seems Japanese are more courteous to idiots like us than native English speakers.

>In fact, he's quiet a nice person and I was just oversensitive. I exaggerated it. Don't get it serious in Jow Forums, though. Sorry.

stupid american weeb can't tell the difference between 本音 and 建前

That's why I said courteous. I'm very well aware of 建前.

i was mostly talking about the post you linked anyways

tbf I was just recounting what happened.
Whether it was 建前 lit up or 本音 lit up I'm not positive, but they definitely "lit up".

What's かっくい
Jisho has nothing

Do you mean かっこいい

Why is Google Translate so keen on avoiding Kanji when translating from English into Japanese?

skewed pronunciation of "かっこいい"

Attached: kakuii.jpg (580x435, 46K)

No, that's what it says.
Thanks, I figured it was a synonym of すごい or something of the sort.

Attached: ss (2018-09-07 at 12.42.14).png (1003x882, 303K)

Fucking windows update keeps me from reading REEEEEEE

Japanese brothers! Please help me and tell what this text says?

Attached: sdfsfd.jpg (149x149, 25K)

Also this one. And tell my why Japanese like blue-white color?

Attached: ghgfhf.jpg (236x128, 32K)

does this picture make sense?
i read that the -te form is only a request when combined with kadusai and such even though such a meaning fits here
how does it work?

Attached: chen tasukette.jpg (800x600, 122K)

て-form can also be a light command.

ok thanks!

No clue what the burning semi-gate thing is

Attached: 02b98e840758a8b51ff016a2b8624ecd.png (950x600, 27K)

Ok thanks! I think it must be something about burning porcelain.

The person must to live a sad life if this post is unironic.

Today: Nukige
Tomorrow: Nukige

You must live a sad life with that english

*You must to live a sad life with that english

Attached: download.png (223x227, 11K)

>昭陶窯 shoutou-you
"窯(you)" is a kiln (an oven?) shoutou is the name of that, and it is the alias name of
>昭和製陶 Showa-seitou, Showa pottery manufacturer
showa-seito.co.jp/

>why Japanese like blue-white color?
Reportedly, our ancestors couldn't replicate that color of potteries, which was originated in China where cobalt which turn into the pigment of blue was fertile in their soil, until 17th century.
So it might have nurtured yearning for that color among us, or simply it matches with our traditional cuisine which is mainly in color of brown and green.

Attached: sometsuke.jpg (480x480, 49K)

youtube.com/watch?v=9_RjrrlITcs

Arigato! Lot of new information for me!

Why are you awake?

And for the color of blue generally, maybe Indigo had been most available material for pigments than any others.
As I had nothing to do other than that and I love wasting my Saturday daytime.

Attached: notSleep.png (480x651, 119K)

Ok I see. I just think I see this blue-white thing in many things which Japanese use.

Attached: 2b78c3f0cc5245158991721705e10785.jpg (658x439, 42K)

step by step

Attached: 1524218270830.png (1392x805, 289K)

I have begun understanding most things but my output ability still sucks ass and I've had this idea to possibly improve output.
When I read an English or German sentences I pretty much have no problem recalling it in its entirety as long as it's not several paragraphs long. I can't do the same thing in Japanese and need to read even semi-long sentences over and over again until I can fully recall them. Maybe actually trying to recall every sentence after reading it is more efficient practice (for output) as you don't leave yourself the option of glossing over things you don't understand and really internalize the Japanese you are consuming. Thoughts?

Where are these coming from?
Sauce?

yea sure, why not

I see them on google images when I search random phrases

Attached: idiom03176_04.jpg (750x500, 132K)

>Maybe actually trying to recall every sentence after reading it is more efficient practice (for output) as you don't leave yourself the option of glossing over things you don't understand and really internalize the Japanese you are consuming. Thoughts?
Maybe its a useless skill to learn if you don't plan on living there.
Ever heard of ROI

They are cute.

I've been adding so little cards over the past year. I'm still stuck in around 7k cards. I don't really see many words I don't know nowadays.

Attached: 1520710617000.jpg (692x309, 43K)

I'm not sure if I ever plan on living there, but I want to be able to communicate in Japanese at the same level I can communicate in English. Recalling the sentences seems to me like something that may be connected to your output ability so actually training yourself to recall sentences may result in output ability increasing at a faster rate than it would by merely passively consuming.

you read nothing but moe manga or what?

Nah just books. I'm reading right now.

I don't know your level but in the beginning it's really helpful to drill important phrases into your head, even if your grammar isn't really good yet.

Yea

Attached: idiom03176_01.jpg (750x500, 142K)

Is there any way of knowing what words are usually spoken and what words are only found written?

Attached: 1506344417860.png (228x225, 17K)

>Recalling the sentences seems to me like something that may be connected to your output ability
It is, since they are comprehensible input
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Input_hypothesis
If they are stories written for dramatic flair, how are you able to shield yourself from ending up talking like an arrogant superhero or a meek bookworm?
The comprehensible input also relies on natural order, in which case real natives are required. So we come full circle to 'I need daily skype/discord with natives' for comprehensible input and when I'm done and competent, then what?

I say goodbye to my online tutors and begin my production in a country where nobody else understands me.
Well its your time, not mine.

You get better at output by actually doing output. Time to find some Jap willing to talk with you for multiple hours every day

>You get better at output by actually doing output
Not really. Correct production is a result of comprehensible input, not the cause

To a degree this is true, but pronouncing the phonemes is important too. Someone struggling with the しつ in 失礼します isn't going to magical learn how to move their mouth properly just by hearing it over and over

Can some german user tell me how to change the keyboard layout so that it doesn't switch y and z? It was pretty easy you just had to change a few letters over regedit... Fucking windows update fucked it all over

Get used to it bitch.

Install english keyboard and delete the german one?
On older windows versions it always installed en an ger keyboard and you could switch by pressing alt + shift.
If you are on win 10 you need to install en keyboard.

>isn't going to magical learn how to move their mouth properly just by hearing it over and over
True that. I feel like you'll sound like a retard regardless given your vocal pattern growth into your native language
For example arnold schwarzenegger hasn't lived in austria for a very long time. The 'damage' was done as a toddler

>Fucking windows update fucked it all over
Let me guess you 'upgraded' to win10 lol

>来週は巻頭カラーです。〇〇〇〇〇〇〇モノとしては、なかなか新しい設定が出てくるのでお楽しみに!
What's up with all the Os in the second sentence? Is this some sort of slang?

Attached: 456736356.png (606x510, 279K)

I've mined over 14k words from 'moe manga' alone. I have a feeling you don't really read much manga or really know anything about what you are trying to compare. This is both unfortunate and irritating, given the topic of this general.

Do you really mine stuff like insects, flowers and rare foods

>tfw you're 27 and your friend who's the same age is going to take the JLPT while you can't even read a shounen manga

i hope i don't wake up tomorrow

How long have you been learning and how much time per day?

Friend of mine started when he was 19. Most I did prior to 2015 was buy dictionaries(this was before Anki) because I had no fucking idea how to do anything. I keep getting enveloped by health problems and depression about the fact that I've wasted my life. Vicious cycle, all that jazz.