Spain spends a lower percentage of GDP than USA in public healthcare

>Spain spends a lower percentage of GDP than USA in public healthcare
>One of the best public healthcare systems in the world
>5 times cheaper than the US in many instances
>One of the 3 lowest homicide rates in the European Union
youtube.com/watch?v=F1EcZIuhkVQ

Attached: SPENBALL.png (438x425, 221K)

Other urls found in this thread:

economist.com/democracy-in-america/2010/03/05/are-health-insurers-making-huge-profits
hbr.org/2017/11/5-ways-u-s-hospitals-can-respond-to-medicares-mounting-costs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

pinshis moros el culo de europa son ni doblar saben

Attached: adsadwda.jpg (335x317, 38K)

Why come American healthcare is so expensive $$$$$?

This is impressive when you figure out that the country is basically inhabited by elders, arabs and mestizos

Spain is poor as shit with the lowest birth rate in europe (before you claim "muh immigrants, Stockholm has the highest amount of immigrants by far yet has the lowest fertility rate)

Attached: 1536324264637.png (645x767, 443K)

Also we're going to explode in a few months when they stop buying our depth and our rent bubble explodes.
Greece is going to look like a fucking joke.

Everybody does spend a lower percentage of GDP than USA in healthcare, there is no merit in that

Attached: entman3.png (750x538, 297K)

BASED PARIS

KARA BOGA WILL SAVE EUROPE

>depth
debt*

stop being pessimistic holy shit. we're FINE. Greece will be fine too.

the USA government let greedy monopolies take control of healthcare and nobody seems to care
all that huge spending the US has is going towards the monopolies pocket, not towards making healthcare better
t. favelado
hoping old people die soon so we stop paying half our taxes to their retirement

You might be fine I don't know what the fuck happens in Portugal, we most certainly are not.

But you also see articles where hospitals profit margins are going down and already low (less than 10% profit margin).

And there's a ton of competition in most areas, minus some areas of pharma. You got the choice of a lot of doctors, lots of insurance plans, usually multiple hospitals. Most drugs have a generic brand and a name brand ($$$$).

when I said we I meant us and you. and again don't be pessimistic.

and yet we have a budget deficit of more than 3% of the GDP and growing

>areas with lots of foreign immigration have higher fertility rates
makes me think

Read the comment again

>hoping old people die soon so we stop paying half our taxes to their retirement
but they won't because the average life expectantcy is only increasing

The insurance oligopoly gets to set whatever prices they feel like and every attempt at making healthcare public we've done so far is either just a piblic welfare expansion or, as was the case with Obamacare, did nothing to actually break up said oligopoly and made it even worse somehow.

Public healthcare doesn't work in the US , and it won't for a long time with our current economic scenario.

Attached: _uij0y01_400x400.jpg (400x400, 34K)

Top-end Hosptials need to invest heavily on expensive machines and whatnot to be on the technological edge, I can only assume that makes the base prices high in the first place.

but it's true, your shitty city means nothing

>a budget deficit of more than 3% of the GDP and growing

A deficit of 3% is actually pretty small you brainlet. In 2009 it was 11%.

And because the GDP growth in 2017 was 3.1%, having a deficit of 3.1% (the real number) means that debt didn't actually grow at all

>The insurance oligopoly gets to set whatever prices they feel like
??? Healthcare is expensive even through paying out of pocket, and hospitals/doctors claim they lose money on medicaid/medicare (2 of our most expensive programs). Insurance companies themselves don't have very high profit margin at all, some 3.3% profit margin which is very thin.

Even if you removed health insurance and have everyone pay out of pocket or via medicaid/medicare etc it would still be extremely expensive.

Read the comment again

Yeah but don't Spanish hospitals also use cutting edge technology, or do they use old tech? In that case is it better for American hospitals/doctor etc to switch to older technology from back when healthcare was cheaper?

Sucks for people in the medical research field.

>But you also see articles where hospitals profit margins are going down and already low (less than 10% profit margin).
If you are allowed to charge seven gorillion dollarydoos for a bottle of penicilin and STILL somehow manage to lose money you should seriously get your IQ evaluated. How did you leave your healthcare in the hands of brainlets ?

>public healthcare
In other words, you subsidise that with tax money, as one could argue maintaining the health of the nation's people is one of the government's prime objectives. If Americans are willing or not to do so, that's an entirely different question

that's not how economics work lad

>Their profit margin is only 3.3%
[citation needed]

I doubt it goes beyond single digits but the reason for that is because they have to spend 80% of what they're receive from consumers back to them while only 20% of it's revenue can be spent on administrative costs. Meanwhile Medicare/Medicaid have mainly played into these centralizing business' favor. We need to sprinkle in some competition

>Doctors claim they lose money on Medicare
Again [citation needed] although I don't doubt it, most of the money probablt end up going to the insurance companies and owners

in spain private healthcare kidna competes with public healthcare
theres longer wait times in public obviously, and they are government workers so they might not have the best manners sometimes because they know they will keep their job
ive always had private healthcare but if everyone says spain's public healthcare is one of the best of the world it gotta be true

>In other words, you subsidise that with tax money, as one could argue maintaining the health of the nation's people is one of the government's prime objectives. If Americans are willing or not to do so, that's an entirely different question
Americans already spend a ton of public moneys on healthcare, its our most expensive programs we have and healthcare is our single largest source of spending.

And yet hospitals still complain that they lose money when forced to treat elderly (medicare) or poor (medicaid), and that the US govt doesn't give them enough money for treating them.

The majority of Americans, including majority of Republicans, support healthcare for all, but then our healthcare is so expensive politicians don't want to go for it. Why is American healthcare so expensive to begin with?

Attached: public-healthcare-usa.jpg (1058x569, 155K)

>Why is American healthcare so expensive to begin with?
That could be a thesis for an economist lad, I'm afraid I can't answer that

We have been months from exploding since like FUCKING EVER and nothing has happened.

>[citation needed]
Instead of talking like an autistic retard with sweet wikipedia references, try using a full sentence next time ("Mind showing me some further reading?") or use google.

economist.com/democracy-in-america/2010/03/05/are-health-insurers-making-huge-profits

3.3% profit margin. And yeah I don't think health insurance is a good system (clearly not though it is a huge business), but our healthcare is extremely expensive even outside of health insurance.

hbr.org/2017/11/5-ways-u-s-hospitals-can-respond-to-medicares-mounting-costs

Discusses the losses from medicaid/medicare and how hospitals can overcome them.

>, most of the money probablt end up going to the insurance companies and owners
Medicaid/Medicare are paid for by the state. Doctors/hospitals vastly prefer private insurance to medicaid/medicare. They get money from insurance companies, lose money on medicare.

>Instead of talking like an autistic retard with sweet wikipedia references, try using a full sentence next time ("Mind showing me some further reading?") or use google.
It's a meme you dumb nigger, and mind showing me a non 8 year old article lmao. Give me somethign after all the mergers in 2015

>It's expensive with or without the insurance company oligopoly essentially having completely fixed prices

The issue is also that because of the oligopoly insurance companies and Medicaid mainly benefitting them that there is little reason to pressure to change the system anyways

Because Republicans are literally retarded and can't understand how healthcare works.
I've tried to explain to them so many fucking times.

I work for a private insurer btw,I'm an actuary. I know what I'm talking about. Single-payer is the superior healthcare.

Retarded spendings thread?

Germany spends more money on raising fertility rate than Russia does on entire Russian Army.
Still, the only kindergartens in Germany are those which were built by Soviet Union in GDR.

Attached: Screen-Shot-2014-10-31-at-06.25.29.png.jpg (1003x671, 85K)

Attached: Who4.png (1153x850, 1.62M)

>Single-payer is the superior healthcare.
If by superior you mean "potentially cheaper for receiver of the care", it will simply never happen. Health expenditure makes huge chunk of US GDP. If health expenses are allowed to fall, that would send the economy into full blown recession. You will never have affordable health care in US.