Canadian culture

What is Canadian culture even? Does it actually exist outside of Quebec and Newfoundland? Anglo Canadians are like the Toyotta Corolla of cultures.

Quebecois and Newfies are cool though.

Attached: sketch-1536357155416.png (1374x1080, 492K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/F-glHAzXi_M
youtube.com/watch?v=59Vic7jRHvA
youtu.be/5rbwo9DxtTI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cultures can exist at a municipal level.

>culture
yikes

Most of the representation people have of Canadian culture in their head is actually based on Quebec most of the time. I personaly think its a shame Anglo-Canadian culture isnt really present outside of the provinces to the east of Quebec. The rest just seems too americanised.

It’s a bunch of cultures mashed into one, creating super culture.

>What is Canadian culture even?

This is a stupid question. In one sentence, summarize the culture of any random country. You'll probably name a language, a food and maybe a holiday—all of the most surface elements of culture. Canada possesses all of these.

"culture" as used by Jow Forums is meaningless, or at the very best, tragically amorphous

What is American culture even? Does it actually exist? Americans are like the Toyotta Corolla of cultures.

When its winter we smash seal heads here in the north for their blubber, meat, and skin.

it doesn't matter desu

Attached: c1.png (1440x720, 111K)

And for fun, don't forget for fun.

Trump's autism has revealed the differences well enough.

Except you cant say that because you are the ones who copy us. Ontario and British Columbia are basically just like the Democrat states of the US

Are you being serious right now?

Attached: image.png (1584x864, 75K)

what is american culture then?
you can't say anything that was invented in another country (movies, baseball, hockey, gridiron, tv, hot dogs, burgers, etc)

This is, and trailer park boys

youtu.be/F-glHAzXi_M

Kenny vs. Spenny

>Toyota Corolla
>Sturdy and reliable, not flashy.
>Comfortable with its identity as a car of choice for a hard working christian salary man

A better question: what culture most clearly matches up with THIS car?

Attached: americar.jpg (425x263, 33K)

Culture is just a buzzword, you don't need one to have a prosperous country.

This is (rural) Canadian culture, and it's beautiful.
youtube.com/watch?v=59Vic7jRHvA

In high school all the Chad's play hockey, and the team captain has a budding teen romance with stacy. Much like american football.

Here is an example of canadian film

youtu.be/5rbwo9DxtTI

it's about being on the edge of a vast, powerful it's showing respect the British way, which has evolved into our practice of 'politeness'
we are both passive-aggressive and passive-arrogant; as opposed to the brash, boisterous American

I forgot about this guy's videos, fucking tops

Honestly what the fuck is wrong with Americans? They wear ignorance like a badge of honour and act arrogant about it.
Were they trained wrong as a joke?

it's not about being smart it's about GETTING IT DONE. that sort of 'dont think just do it' ethos has gotten them pretty far tbf
also they see the world as enemies, so there is an insular outlook, hence the legit pride they have in only speaking English

The thing is that they don't get shit done. Their politics is a never ending circus show. Their government beaurocracy is a joke, with the Republicans actively making it worse so they average person dislikes big government even more. Their infrastructure is a mess. Their education and health system is a bloated, inefficient mess. On top of all that, their international relations are mostly conflict and that has shown itself to be a massive drawn out never ending process that robs tax payers of trillions of dollars.
In comparison to a country like my own, in far less time and with far worse conditiond we have managed to turn a hot desert skirted by coast into a modern country, despite far, far, far less manpower or military might.
I just don't get it. The USA has something like 300 million people yet they're so fucking far behind the rest of the modern world is many respects. They're just so inefficient and lacking as a people. Why do they take pride in this fact? It should be a point of shame, but to Americans self criticism and reflection get labelled as "anti-American", etc.

They're still highly religious, for fuck sake. That should make a person feel disgusted at his country, not great about it.

My impression of Anglo Canada is of America trying to do it's best Swedish impersonation, basically if Minnesota was a whole country.

Except Canada isnt anything like Germany, so that image doesnt really work either...

So... Canada is to the US what Uruguay is to Argentina

Well, you talk like us from the POV of most outsiders. The Canadian accent is a total meme.
You have your own NFL.
You live in cookie cutter suburbs too.
Have cowboys.
Eat the same food really, outside Quebec that is (I'm really only talking about anglos)

What is uniquely anglo Canadian? If it wasnt for the maple leaf flag most people would assume you are Americans until you say otherwise

What an astute observation while missing the entire point.

>they have in only speaking English
Anglo canadians speak shit french and they constantly trash talk Quebec though. The Anglos always talk about how smug and arrogant the Quebecois are, but I have a feeling they're just projecting and being pissed because they dont get kissed on their feet and applauded just for having basic manners.

That's exactly it dipshit, managing 300 million people is a penalty not a bonus. No shit your country of only 24 million (90% of which live in what, 4 cities?) has an easier time managing things.
>worse conditions
The Australian east coast is mild af, literally southern European climate, hence why British colonists didnt die off immediately from tropical diseases like in other, actually harsh, areas.

Well, it's true. What would a foreigner recognize as uniquely Anglo Canadian? Your flag and saying aboot? Mounties? What else?

>basically if Minnesota was a whole country.
honestly this isn't far off

>Well, it's true. What would a foreigner recognize as uniquely Anglo Canadian? Your flag and saying aboot? Mounties? What else?
you're still missing the point you thick shit, you, and every other american constantly feels the need to tell other people about their countries
how about you mind your own business

I live 1 hour south of Montreal buddy, closer to Canada than I am to New York city. I head up north once a month for the last 23 years.

i don't give a fuck, if you aren't a canadian citizen you can shut the fuck up about our country and mind your own business

lmao you probably spend your time criticizing americans

>anonymous image board
>YOU DO THIS I KNOW BECAUSE I'M PSYCHIC
sure thing

Like the other guy said. You endlessly shit on us, now you go apeshit when I talk about you? Ohoho

you're a canuck, you thrive on this shit

>still making assumptions about people on anonymous imageboards
i mean honestly what did i expect

They don't sell the Toyota Corolla in France anymore, now they sell the Toyota Auris instead.

Poutine

Attached: 1455686031365.jpg (1920x1080, 1.99M)

BC's different from Alberta. Saskatchewan and Manitoba are pretty similar. Ontario wants to be as cool as BC, but it's pretty much North NY, Quebec is its own proto-Louisiana. It kind of brought Nova Scotia with it, but only partially, because they're also a little bit Gaelic. New Brunswick is a bit more Irish, and Newfies are pretty much just Australians if it were the Irish and Welsh kicking people out for DUI's. PEI is so small as to almost not count, but they are incredibly nice, sweet people - a New Zealand to NFLD's Australia.

Anyone north of the arctic circle doesn't count, and I don't know why it was worth splitting the Northwest Territories further to accomodate the occasional frozen Inuit living up there.

Rural anything (especially west of Quebec), absofuckinglutely. We are the cheese eaters du nord.

We Constructed the guilt oriented society, followed by importing massive amounts of immigrants, this left us with no cultural identity and no sense of nationalism. Today Canada is basically just a meme country.

A meme country with amazing natural landscapes. Woud immigrate/10

Attached: hermione chorando.gif (180x240, 2.88M)