Flag

>flag
>Is the future of your country bright?
Brazil
YES!

Attached: 40082786_1897632236999244_8382960929754578944_n.jpg (960x960, 73K)

Brazil the country of the eternal future
Because it never seems to arrive

Is Bolsonaro actually going to win?
also should I learn Portuguese instead of Spanish?

yes, he was already leading by a large margin before the attack

Attached: bolsorj.png (675x507, 49K)

>sem Lula

Lula è in galera

based

russia
i want to hope -_-

Argentina
No...

Attached: 1463904280009.jpg (718x538, 67K)

Perú
YES

Attached: 49125784_p20_master1200.jpg (300x300, 74K)

Won't someone else from the party take the spot though and probably win the second round?

Yes, but Haddad has to become known across the country as Lula's substitute, which will take time and most people will simply not vote for him, also there is a problem that the left is fragmented as fuck and that Bolsonaro was already too strong, and now is even stronger. And most people didn't vote left because of its ideologies but due to pragmatism, so there are tons of people shifting the left vote towards Bolsonaro due to security and the rejection of politically correct and LGBT stuff

So you think he actually has a shot at winning the whole thing? I'm honestly pretty ignorant of Brazilian politics outside of the whole corruption scandal. I visited Manaus in 2014 as a researcher but mostly was on the river talking to people in tiny villages so didn't get a great feel for what things were like.

Brazil
No

yes, he already had like 25-30% of the votes before the stabbing, and right now the BR media is talking about him 24/7, the biggest problem of Bolsonaro is that, different from Trump, he doesn't have money nor political support and the elections are made in a way that makes the status quo parties really strong compared to other parties, to the point that TV political ads time is regulated by a federal law, which implies that parties with the biggest alliances have the bigger TV ad time. Bolsonaro which came from a small as fuck party only had like 9 seconds of TV time, while Alckmin and Lula had like 5 minutes each. The thing is, Bolsonaro has for like a long time stood up in the social medias as being completely apart from the traditional system, and the stabbing just proved that they are doing anything to stop him from getting in power

If only he was as based as people hype him up to be

Yeah that leads me to my question. I've read since the stabbing he's commented in the past favorably about the military dictatorship which is within living memory of a good deal of the country. Is there support for him among the current military or justified fear from his opposition that he'd try to reinstate some of the old military control in governance?

Well, they clearly want to change the constitution and the VP has declared that if the country goes to anarchy they would perform an "auto-coup" and change the constitution, also Bolsonaro has ties with the imperial family of Brazil, which has clear intentions of restoring the monarchy and change the system to a parliamentary monarchy

Only the first scenario has some sort of chance of happening
If things get really bad in Venezuela border or Brazil economy tanks like Argentina

Mourão already declared they want to at least a parliamentarism, also the one that is in charge of writing the new constitution is Luiz Phillipe, literally an imperial prince m8, they obviously are saying this out loud due to the monarchist movement not being that big, but it is obvious that Bolsonaro and the army are propping it up

*aren't saying

That's interesting I'll certainly be keeping an eye on the election. Hopefully some day I'll be able to visit again. Thanks for the information.

You'd have to admit it's pretty weird to imagine the military helping the reestablishment of the monarchy given history, pretty ironic too. That's why i'm wary about things happening that way. But I'm not against it or anything.

well, I think it's mainly because they have realized that after the fall of the military dictatorship that they can't maintain the "brazilian spirit" without an emperor and a family that is the guardian of the brazilian culture.

YES

Yes

France
No

Attached: 1509196279619.jpg (2000x1332, 646K)

It discovered fire

Attached: 618DDD1C-DE54-49FB-ACA8-E2B314BFAB5F.png (1359x661, 771K)