Avril Lavigne went almost to her deathbed but has now returned to make music

iltalehti.fi/viihdeuutiset/201809082201188492_vd.shtml

Seriously weakened by Borreliosis, spreadt by Ixodes Ricinus, the German Tick, Avril Lavigne, 33, was ready to accept her death.

Somehow she is better now after spending many years only laying on her bed almost unable to function due to muscle pains and fatigue from Borreliosis. She now wants to return to make some music.

She hasn't released an album in 5 years.

Her new album will be themed to the battle against Borreliosis. People don't understand how serious it is and it needs to be treated immediately when first symptoms appear. Otherwise it will invade your brain and start causing even worse symptoms 3 to 10 years after initial infection.

To make matters worse, most doctors are unable to diagnose Borreliosis properly. It can be cured with long term antibiotics but doctors don't want to prescribe antibiotics when they are not sure if its Borreliosis or not. Another problem is, most doctors don't actually believe that long term antibiotics will help, instead they give at maximum a 3 month dose and claim it will be all better after that. In truth, borreliosis may require continuous use of antibiotics for 1 to 2 years, the science isn't yet established on this exactly how long is minimum effective required treatment.

Attached: ixodes ricinus.jpg (640x426, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/sHwdaC
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How did she get that shit? Is it cause she's a dog owner?

I'm happy she's alive.

i thought you were fake-news finn for a second there

possible, dogs attract a lot of ticks and you need to spend a lot of time with them out in the woods, parks, grass

if there is any kind of vegetation, ticks may be hiding in there

Lyme Disease? On her death bed? lol no

Ticks carrying Lyme disease are everywhere in the US and you can't get a vaccine for it here.

IDSA guidelines are entirely sufficient and effective for treating and preventing Lyme Disease. So-called "Chronic Lyme" is not a valid clinical entity. Post-Treatment Lyme Disease is a real phenomenon but there is no evidence it is caused by persistent borreliosis; rather, the associated neuropsychiatric deficits are likely due to either an autoimmune process or lesions suffered during the course of previously treated and resolved neuroborreliosis. These patients do not benefit from and are often harmed by long term antibiotic treatments after the initial treatment and resolution of borreliosis.

hey Newsfinn, long time no see

>Vaccines for bacteria
>American education

yes there are vaccines against bacterial infections:

-pertussis bacteria
-meningococcus
-tetanus

There was a Lyme vaccine (Lymerix) on the market for humans in the early 2000s and there still is one available for dogs you fucking moron. Yes you can vaccinate against a bacterium: we do so all the time. What do you think Neisseria meningitidis is, a vegetable?

I have had borrelia or lyme disease or whatever you wanna call it. It was literally nothing. Why are people so weak?

Borrelia is the genus to which the species of bacteria that cause borreliosis belong. There are actually many species with different syndromes, geographic distributions, and associated clinical features. If treated promptly with a short course of the correct antibiotics Lyme Disease usually resolves without any issue.

Why are people so angry about the existence of Chronic Lyme Disease?

discord.gg/sHwdaC

I like this wannabe journalist Fin

Because it doesn't exist. If someone has neuroborreliosis and receives IV antibiotics to clear it and has persistent neuropsychiatric/cognitive deficits months or years after discharge, this is called Post-Treatment Lyme Disease Syndrome. A preponderance of evidence demonstrates this is not caused by persistent Borrelia infestation and is not improved by long term antibiotic treatment, which is harmful to both the patient and society because it selects for antibiotic resistance.

"Chronic Lyme" is a non-medical term. Many individuals who believe they have it have had no embedded tick exposure, no erythema migrans, do not live in an endemic region for Lyme and have not tested positive on serologic assays. Its proponents are quacks and charlatans.

so mad

>we could treat you but that might be bad for others, so we'll pretend the disease doesn't exist and start a witch hunt against you

Oh yea the ticks here transmit that shit.
My doc urged me to get the shot
So i went and got the first one.
It was really hot and I had to chill there for a bit since I was dizzy.
Next day I had fever and it was like close to 40°C, having fever when its hot and dry is NOT fun i can tell you that.
I was supposed to get a second shot 6 weeks later but said fuck that, i rather die from boriolosis and be done with it than do that shit again, i dont leave the house anyways.
I like her songs tho, glad shes still alive.

Set aside the antibiotic stewardship for a moment. The reason IDSA does not recognize long term antibiotic courses as a valid treatment for so-called "Chronic Lyme" is because it has no demonstrated benefit and a host of potential harms mediated via toxic effects of the drugs *to the patient* (that is, the side effects of long term antibiotic treatment). On top of that, haphazard use of these drugs where they are not indicated increases the risk that they will no longer be efficacious when the patient and society actually need them for real diseases.

>scared because they fucked up and misdiagnosed/treated a famous person

No, I'm pissed off because literal retards on the internet have taken an actual disease and turned it into morgellons in their minds.

>trolling and shitposting is fine except for medicine

Attached: 50a.jpg (470x595, 201K)

Actually one manifestation of the disease, lyme carditis, can easily kill you.