Why do European countries have tiny skylines if their population density is much greater than ours?

Why do European countries have tiny skylines if their population density is much greater than ours?

Attached: 0B6EB519-653F-4144-A6E9-4E4C52ECA71D.jpg (1200x900, 240K)

Other urls found in this thread:

skyscraper.org/EXHIBITIONS/TEN_TOPS/nyc.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Larger corporations here = bigger HQs

yuros are afraid of skyscrapers

retarded zoning autism

>london
>european

Skyscrapers don't house much people, they are workplaces.

Nobody lives in American cities, Americans work in them.

Not true, people live in them

Alot are mixed residential/commercial

Attached: B2DED8A3-50AC-40F7-A7A8-2095140AF6D9.jpg (640x469, 173K)

Nobody lives in that pile of skyscrapers, they live around them

we're trying ok they keep getting planed by Muhammad

Attached: tf.jpg (300x300, 23K)

Because for the most part skyscrapers are just dickwaving, and Americans have gone completely overboard on them. Aren't the downtown highrises in American cities half vacant?

Also European cities have denser downtown development aside from skyscrapers, so there's a lot of office space in there, too, whereas in the US you have highrises downtown and then a few blocks away it's already two story warehouses and parking lots.

I think it has to do with regulations.

skyscraper.org/EXHIBITIONS/TEN_TOPS/nyc.php

Attached: 75CFC5B5-2CD0-4A9F-A889-228918EEF9D4.jpg (1000x3200, 209K)

that looks amazing

Pencil dick skyscrapers were a mistake and are in the process of comprehensively ruining Manhattan's skyline.

that looks pretty cool

No real need, I guess.
5-10 floor flat blocks seem quite enough.

>nobody lives in skyscrapers
>posts picture of a building whose apartments will only be occupied 2 weeks a year by its mega-rich investing owners

Attached: lakhta center1.jpg (640x640, 68K)

Good

Attached: 1518915100942.jpg (902x665, 143K)

Pencil dick is the future

Attached: D9C6470D-FFE7-4925-8E39-0FA274C1BA16.jpg (1200x800, 296K)

If the tallest building in your town isn't a church/cathedral you should move or kys

>tall buildings are awesome bro

Attached: brainlet.gif (615x548, 18K)

It's related to regulations and underground tunnels or something but I'm glad we don't do it because skyscrapper cities look like shit. I would never change our traditional architecture for some generic skyline from the new world.

they're pretty awe inspiring to be right next to in real life

The future sucks.

Preach!

Attached: DSC_37933.jpg (2000x1331, 1.09M)

this desu

It would be awesome to inherit a stupid amount of money and own a penthouse in one of those skyscrapers in a massive city. There is something about gazing over the world as it passes by entirely indifferent to your existence.

Attached: 1476055052039.png (1702x930, 766K)

the tallest building i've ever seen was 25 stories tall so I can only imagine. I need to visit nyc sometime

>but I'm glad we don't do it because skyscrapper cities look like shit
Actually they’re an indicator of modernity and economic prosperity. No wonder a Ca*tillian would hate them.

>big grug tower mean grug wealthy

Attached: 1507053950165.jpg (645x773, 56K)

>1400 feet
>window washing rail

Attached: 129756135131.gif (512x288, 241K)

They're an indicator of too much money and no class. It's why Dubai is building them as fast and as big as possible. New money often acts like this

Attached: Citadel_from_Canals.jpg (400x724, 148K)

The photos I've seen of the New York City CBD look unreal, to be honest.

It's a little ironic considering that is basically the exact reason why there are massive cathedrals around the world: old world dickwaving and a show of wealth and power. Some things change, some stay the same.
People have a rather warped view of the past but if back in the day we had the technology and industry, it's a safe wager to say that Western European cities would have massive skyscraper like buildings. Humans have been trying to build into the sky for as long as we have stacked rocks.

They're an indicator of having no identity, which is fitting for America but doesn't really go well for places with a real tradition in architecture. Vancouver can be succesfully disguised as 90% of the American big cities for a reason.

cope

>for as long as we have stacked rocks
Don't tell /out/.

>Mighty Citadel of Oppression
>wrecked by a violent old whackjob being tossed around by some kind of interdimensional pretentious-sounding faglord like a pawn

Attached: 1200px-Lakhta-tower.jpg (1200x900, 94K)

>Eternal wet dream of unshaved wankers

Attached: lsh7tn5lddq2vyrnnbdi.png (800x548, 594K)

Because our cities have been built hundreds, sometimes even a thousand years ago and they have grown naturally. Murrican cities have been planned and built during times where skyscrapers were made possible thanks to the invention of reinforced concrete. In Europe, we've got much stricter rules for constructing tall buildings in cities and they also can't simply destroy old city buildings in favor of skyscrapers, so European cities have never caught up, even after WW2 where the majority of German cities had been destroyed.

>Americans would put a skyscraper right in the middle of this

Attached: dsc_0189.jpg (1920x1272, 1.33M)

disgusting what's been done to the London skyline

i bet working in a mixed building sucks.

imagine getting out of your job and seeing rich people going out to have some fun

because its ugly, barbarian and planes cant fly into them

How the fuck did Polynesian islanders vote for the empire harder than any western country.

Literally every large medieval building was the result of a rich man wanting to dickwave and show off their wealth

Spain doesn’t have a real identity either tbqh

City regulation makes building tall impossible historic buildings and shit.

good to see we're rebels

I can’t wait for those spires to become minarets