Do you think that Western Europe in the 2000-2007 was the best place to live ever?

Do you think that Western Europe in the 2000-2007 was the best place to live ever?

It looked very comfy at least in internet

Attached: CIUDAD_EUROPEA-PUERTA_DEL_SOL-MADRID.jpg (1536x1024, 488K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=V3QfixzgScw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>The 2000s are now old enough to have nostalgia for it.

Attached: 1527813328053.jpg (550x366, 53K)

it is still the best place to live

Spain is Southern Europe. Western Europe is the term used to refer to the Protestant countries + France.

Looking back, it's crazy how deluded people were back then. They were basically just riding on the inertia of their wealth without doing anything to prevent any of the shit that was about to befall them.

If I were able to go back in time I'd chose to live my age 14-26 in the years 1995-2007 in Europe

I'd enjoy the best era ever, most bearable technology change and internet, and be already a 30 yo boomer for the early 2010s probably with a secure job, instead of passing my 20s in this shitty era

I mean it as a contrast to Eastern Europe. Maybe should've said in the European Union

34 y/o boomer here

France in 2000 still was the greatest place on earth...back then even Paris really felt like Paris..

Yes
m.youtube.com/watch?v=V3QfixzgScw

stop fooling yourself, you just want to live your prime years with uno a uno.

2008 was when all my safety nets went down the gutter

France was an european icon in early 2000s.

>it will never be 1991-2001 era USA again

Attached: 1459193120984.jpg (200x200, 19K)

Nah I'm talking about Europe

yeah mate..

it was unironically a "City of love" back then, at least for me

I remember walking drunk with my gf whole night in Paris in some areas, which I wouldn't dare to enter in 2018

I feel so nostalgic right now...

I didn't care about politics because future looked so bright in early 2000s but since 2005 this country only went downhill

I think some people overlook how crazy the 2000-2007 period was in Spain, it was like our 20s. Construction workers easily earned 2000€/month, new Porsches everywhere (for one month it became the most sold brand in Spain if I remember correctly), cranes in every fucking direction, new highways, trains, more and more, banks giving mortgages and credit like fucking candy, our GDP per capita was set to surpass France by the end of the 2010s, one whole millon migrants per year, hell, my mother managed to earn 7000€/month as a doctor at the public hospital when she now makes less than half of that.

It was fucking crazy and completly irresponsible and impossible to sustain in a long term, yet it was fucking great.

Attached: spain, migration and unemployment.png (1500x979, 208K)

>this country
But are you french or are you getting a belgian IP?

>It was fucking crazy and completly irresponsible and impossible to sustain in a long term, yet it was fucking great.
Yes, it was an artificial growth caused by the construction bubble..(At least in Spain)

You can earn more than 2000€ per month as a construction worker in the UK right now. The average local doctor (not in a hospital) probably earns 65,000€ in a year. More senior hospital doctors can easily earn 100,000€

>more than 2000€ per month as a construction worker in the UK right now
JUST

Attached: 1383671027236.jpg (345x423, 26K)

I'm a Frenchmen who lives in Belgium

thanks for this thread btw, hope I'm going to see these beautiful time again in my dreams tonight

Attached: mee.jpg (235x215, 8K)

Miss him so much, bros.

Attached: 240px-Menem_con_banda_presidencial.jpg (240x322, 19K)

It was some sort mythical utopia for us, thirdworlders. Now the first world was brazilified, huehue.

Maybe it was all artificially created by the banks just like here in the 80s. The 90s brought devastation after the crash, thousands of suicides from small/medium size business owners and ruined homes, corporate takeovers for pennies, selling of state assets to private hands and so on. Then the country was criminally pushed into the EU.

Not OP Argentina had an economic boom in the 90s and was the best place to live in Latam at that era

And such boom was also artificial, had disastrous consecuences, lot of people had their businesses ruined, etc. What a coincidence...

Yeah, I mean for the usual spanish salary it was crazy.

Nazi Germany 1940
Meiji Japan after reforms
Europe in the early 00 and 80s
Japan in the 90s if you were a foreigner

Attached: 1533123027180.jpg (540x500, 60K)

i thought the nineties were better tbqh senpai. cant help but think i would have loved the fifties though

>Nazi Germany

This.
Now most people feel kind of eerie about going to Paris.
WTF? It's supposed to be the pretties Euro capital

50s-70s would have been primo. 90s-2001 were second best. Once rap music and 9/11 happened it was all downhill from there.

If a place is good to live in for 7 years... It was never good to begin with.
But I think Easter Europe is pretty comfy.

Interesting but stupid views

>The average local doctor (not in a hospital) probably earns 65,000€ in a year.
>232,125 ars/Month
What the FUCK am I doing in this country?

Attached: 1422985577237.jpg (300x300, 7K)

Has the west entered an irreversible societal and economic decline?

The system is simply unsustainable and the premise of perpetual growth is fake.