DJT - Daily Japanese Thread #2045

DJT is a language learning thread designed by and for those studying the Japanese language.
Japanese speakers learning English are welcome, too.

Read the Guide linked below before asking how to learn Japanese:
djtguide.neocities.org/
itazuraneko.neocities.org/
Check the Cornucopia of Resources before asking where to download X or Y:
djtguide.neocities.org/cor.html

Archive of older threads: desuarchive.org/int/search/subject/Daily Japanese Thread/

Previous Thread:

Attached: djt42.png (853x1024, 1.53M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wfe4JCFKFTg
jisho.org/search/何とも
jisho.org/search/ねぇ
itazuraneko.neocities.org/grammar/dojg/dojgpages/intermediateも~も.html
jisho.org/word/何とも
jisho.org/search/池沼
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is there a deck for learning counters?
I feel like studying them intensely and then ideally never having to revisit, they sound like a pain.

Attached: 1536451896094.jpg (900x1262, 960K)

Attached: spacejin1.jpg (689x800, 76K)

「君たちは目的地まで向かうとき、道端の雑草をわざわざ避けて歩くかね?」
is this guy talking shit?
>when you guys go to your destination, do you avoid weeds?

I don't know you tell me, you're the one reading whatever it is you're reading.

I'm fairly sure it's talking about weeds in which case it's an insult (comparing people to weeds), just not sure about the second half of that sentence

Did he bump into someone or something?

How come hiroshimaben is so associated with Yakuza these days as the dialect they use? Was there some really iconic Japanese film or something where the yakuza operated in the area?

Some guy's master plan got a bunch of unrelated people screwed over and they started complaining about it

Nah then I'm sure he's talking about just some random weeds on the road then. Definitely.

Basically correct, but I am not sure if you’re getting the nuance of
>わざわざ避けて歩く
which would be translated as
>be bothered to walk avoiding weeds
>(so as not to trample on those helpless lives)
implying the speaker is a guy paying no attention to collateral damages he’d make during his pursuance of his purpose.

Attached: E67EA375-0552-42C0-A279-583E62B74653.jpg (320x320, 32K)

>pursuance
Pursuit is fine

>pursuance
I don't know english.

Attached: 1465974955038.png (300x300, 15K)

Me neither, I'm learning new english words with japanese words at the same time

pic
youtube.com/watch?v=wfe4JCFKFTg
Thanks as always.
>I just looked up the nominalization form of "pursue" in my dictioanry and could't reach that one.

Attached: jinginaki_tatakai.jpg (315x445, 41K)

This word is very important:
別腹

これはシャープペンシル

です

ツッコミをあげない

>counter for books
>it's not 本
lol

What does nantomo nee yo mean?
>こっちは面白くも何ともねぇよ!
t. incapable of looking up phrases

>t. incapable of looking up phrases

Attached: 1451769263658.jpg (1601x750, 66K)

jisho.org/search/何とも
jisho.org/search/ねぇ

now I'm very tired from all that hard research

Attached: 1408325579467.jpg (640x480, 141K)

itazuraneko.neocities.org/grammar/dojg/dojgpages/intermediateも~も.html
jisho.org/word/何とも

thanks friends

Attached: goku sleeping.jpg (640x480, 35K)

My android phone displays variant or chinese forms of certain characters, like 海 instead of 海. I'm using Google Japanese Input. Should I use a different keyboard or somehow change the phone settings?

Attached: Legend.of.the.Galactic.Heroes.043.[x264.720p.10bit.AAC].mkv_snapshot_22.24_[2017.09.25_22.11.07].jpg (960x720, 87K)

I tried to translate a Jewish new yeara greeting to Japanese. The original is ''May we be a head and not a tail''
>私たちは頭に成って、尾に成らない。
Is it alright? I wasn't sure about how to translate the ''may''.

Don't really need to translate may since that's just another way to say be. I want you to be aware that しっぽ exists but 尾 probably sounds better for proverbial stuff.

Wouldn't fit 我々 fit better than 私たち there?

I'd just get rid of all pronouns instead

Is it an adage or just a greeting?
>鶏口となるも牛尾になるなかれ
I read an abridged guide book of Talmud and most of citations were translated as yours.
It makes sense. (But sounds like words of ritual)

Attached: guide.jpg (346x499, 42K)

Attached: 2a. Ghost in the Shell 2 - Innocence (2004 - 720p DUAL Audio).mkv_snapshot_00.05.23.png (1280x690, 143K)

Thank you!

I was really on the fence on whether to include the pronoun or not, because I was afraid of it sounding too much like a current state rather than a future prediction/request

It's more of a greeting or a blessing, because the new year is called ''the year's head'' in Hebrew, so a head symbolizes good beginings.

>鶏口となるも牛尾になるなかれ
I know a similar Hebrew saying, but with 狐の頭&ライオンの尻尾

>私たちは頭に成って、尾に成らない。
>afraid of it sounding too much like a current state rather than a future prediction/request
Pronouns shall be included, even though we omit them frequently, we couldn't get the subject of the sentence in that case(unless it is a greeting among inner members of the society and all of them have already known the subjest is "we" beforehand).
And the sentence itself sounds like determination, hence it could sound like a kind of strong prediction.
Or if you intend to make it sound more like prediction/request, it should be as below.
>predition: 私たちは頭になって、尾にならないであろう
>request: 私たちが頭になって、尾にならんことを
(kanji 成る seems really old fashioned, so if you'd like to make it so, leave it untouched.)
その人さ、昔すっっっっっっげーー好きだった

Attached: masamune.jpg (369x499, 61K)

What does it mean to finish a sentence with を? is it supposed to imply をください?

>is it supposed to imply をください?
Yes, the verb is omitted to emphasize the emotion. It's a very typical style of ritual statement or a chant of prayer. And in those cases, verbs should not necessarily be in polite forms, or should be followed by old fashoned honorific expression of requesting "給え"
The verb shall be
>願う(most likely)
>祈る
>望む
>叶わせ給え
>聞き容れ給え

この素晴らしい世界に祝福を

ありがとうございました。シャナ・トーヴァ(・∀・)

洋式らしい漫画家なら、池上 遼一の方がいいよ。

Attached: 1530132379287.png (867x1038, 136K)

SORRY I MADE MISTAKE
>request: 私たちが頭になって、尾になら"ざら"んことを
I wish you'd noticed this. Sorry..

>取り返しの付かない事をしてしまったか…

>彼がこのスレッドを見返すことを…
>池上遼一
I prefer 谷口ジロー, or 平田弘史

Attached: taniguchi.jpg (490x325, 74K)

>平田弘史
さむらいと忍者の漫画が全然読んでいない、面白いか?

>究極の強さとは ただ己 一人あること

Does this mean "the ultimate strength lies in myself" or "the ultimate strength lies in being alone" or something else?

Writing practice sucks, I don't know why I even bother. I'll only ever use keyboards anyway.

Attached: うんこ.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

I got school, work, and three other hobbies I need to dedicate time to

If dropping one or two of those hobbies isn't an option, would only studying 20 new Anki cards about four times a week be an option instead of 20 new cards every day? Because that gets really overwhelming

some Anki is better than no Anki, but if you have limited time it would be better to spend it reading. But that also depends on your current level, how much Japanese you know, and how many Anki cards do you already have?

Name the hobbies

You should do it anyway

That's too low a rate to progress in any language. Time to choose between hobbies and interests I think.

Fighting games, gym, OSRS

740 cards, those words and just the kana alphabet is all I know

keep the gym, drop the video games and do anki still, at that level it's almost more important than reading (a controversial opinion, btw)

>Fighting games
Which ones
>Gym
Good boy
>OSRS
It's time to say goodbye

You should definitely do Anki daily, 20 is fucking nothing.

Just do anki in the few minutes before a class starts, or on your breaks at work.

Guilty Gear

>Poor man's blaz
Come on bruh

Attached: 1487166124461.png (372x276, 116K)

You retarded? Blazblue was literally made by Arcsys's B-team to be a poor man's GG and appeal to the lowest common denominator

what's your bench, btw? If it's under 85kg you LITERALLY cannot learn Japanese

本 is for cylindrical things
I almost stopped studying when i found out just how retarded this language can be,

Johnny Sfondi

Attached: johnny.webm (640x368, 525K)

And it's still better.

Yeah you're definitely the lowest common denominator I was talking about

Play Guilty Gear

Nah the game looks like ass and it looks like it plays like ass

>the game looks like ass
If there wasn't an indicator that your posts shouldn't be trusted, this one should be it

not even B-team can get to this level

>looks like it plays like ass
>looks like
Yeah actually play Guilty Gear before starting to shit on it

Attached: jam.gif (540x304, 1.94M)

Lad I don't need to play it to see how bad it is. You can't bait me with nice 3D models when the effects are so fucking huge I can barely see what is going on on the screen, everything is also slower feeling than Blazblue but meanwhile one combo deletes 50% of the healthbar which results in short as fuck slugfests. The music is worse, the characters look fairly uninteresting and half of them are BB clones, stages too.

This entire post is one big disaster, but I like a challenge
>I don't need to play it to see how bad it is
Do you browse /v/ as well by any chance
>when the effects are so fucking huge I can barely see what is going on on the screen
Have you played Blazblue by any chance and seen the amount of effects that block the game?
>everything is also slower feeling than Blazblue
this is the fastest fighter on the market with everyone rushing in and IADing as the general gameplan
>meanwhile one combo deletes 50% of the healthbar which results in short as fuck slugfests
Yeah if you watch matchs against low health characters that's usually what happens, not to mention all the things you've complained about so far apply to Blazblue as well, especially the short as fuck matches because BBTAG's matches end even quicker than Guilty Gear's
>The music is worse
Not only shitting on heavy metal, but shitting on it with Blazblue's general anime OST, you should be ashamed
>half of them are BB clones
Clones of a game that came out before BB? Are you retarded? Are you trying proving my lowest common denominator statement correct?

I've got nothing more to tell you other than play Guilty Gear because it might fix you braindamage, and just know that if you don't get a response to your reply, I'm calling what you posted absolutely retarded

At least you can defend the shit taste you picked for yourself, though I can see you also don't know jack shit about Blazblue lmao.

Only good thing about your shit game is Ramlethal and Ephelt really, I wouldn't touch any of the other weirdos even with a 5 meter neutral because they all got shit themes.

Attached: 1534169487555.png (879x567, 49K)

>池沼
>J-J Definition: 池と沼

Attached: 1505911493796.png (510x693, 216K)

jisho.org/search/池沼