DJT - Daily Japanese Thread #2047

DJT is a language learning thread designed by and for those studying the Japanese language.
Japanese speakers learning English are welcome, too.

Read the Guide linked below before asking how to learn Japanese:
djtguide.neocities.org/
itazuraneko.neocities.org/
Check the Cornucopia of Resources before asking where to download X or Y:
djtguide.neocities.org/cor.html

Archive of older threads: desuarchive.org/int/search/subject/Daily Japanese Thread/

Previous Thread:

Attached: djt11.png (541x406, 193K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s03VO6d7k2Jg
youtube.com/watch?v=0GU3ymY3WB0
youtube.com/watch?v=kbZb6O1Tbc0&list=PLGNLbDpAUWPV3-53zUB4HF5h_sFhw1GFm
nicovideo.jp/mylist/7782179
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: 1535181497218.jpg (450x306, 29K)

断る。

皆様
おはよう!

勉強はどうですか?

Buddhism, hinduism, shinto and the myriad of other eastern religions value the serenity of a life of renunciating the entire world above all else.
That intense sort of meditation isn't even that hardcore, since some japanese monks up there in the yama practice this thing called 即身仏 where they start to only eat leaves and pines until they completely lose all their body fat, then slowly decrease their intake of fluids making their bodies literal live mummies, then they spend what little time they have left chanting mantras in delirium before they eventually die, their bodies too poor on biomass to actually rot properly. Shit's hardcore, yo.

Attached: 1535637936893.gif (235x240, 1.77M)

早く/mena/に戻ってください。会いたいって言うのは難しい。

どこで即身仏なんて知ったの

>アニメだろうなあ…

Attached: mummy.jpg (504x284, 35K)

Is there a way to make money out of knowing japanese on the internet when one has the N2?

Attached: hazukiruu21.jpg (1000x1000, 501K)

>knowing japanese
>N2
一つ選んでください

I can't for the life of me figure out what 'にして' means - it seems to have so many different meanings. Take for example this;

「我は至高にして誇り高き貴婦人の構え
すべての攻撃を打ち破るもの
そして我が守りは汝を切り裂く
汝がすべきことは一つ、我よりも長き剣で戦うことのみ」

What exactly does にして mean here?

"and also"

thanks brother

How long does it take to develop an intuitive sense for 99% of the language?

3 seconds

神咒神威神楽

Attached: 1536619018347.png (940x720, 575K)

You could apply for a video game translation job, you're probably better than most translators already.

Managed to isolate the Japanese I couldn't get earlier, is anyone able to understand the rest of this? It starts out with まぁ, 悪くはねえよな but I have no idea about the rest
vocaroo.com/i/s03VO6d7k2Jg

Have you considered watching anime in 1080p?

こんな嫌がらせを辞めてください。言っただろう?俺はあの地獄に絶対戻りません。

Attached: 1489115247580.png (538x526, 106K)

>couldn't catch what he said
sounds like a winning phrase of a fighting game though.

Attached: bikkuri.jpg (640x382, 105K)

また会えたら嬉しいです。

>あの地獄に絶対戻りません
またサダムフセイン崇拝者が荒らしてんの?

Attached: hige.png (480x811, 106K)

それがとても悲しい。それは悲しいけど妥協するしかない。クリークくん、バイバイ。

サダムフセイン崇拝者のはだけじゃない、もっと色々なアホがあのところにあるよ。
And you know the drill, please point any mistakes I might have made.

Australian internet is shit tier, stuff is only watchable at 480p unless you're on government internet

そのオーストラリアの旗は面白い。

>60 bucks for barely 3MB/s
Move out

>サダムフセイン崇拝者""だけじゃない
particles "の" and "は" is unnecessary.
the noun "崇拝者" + "だけ" sufficiently conveys the meaning of "only the worshiper".

>もっと色々なアホがあのところに"いる"よ。
For living creatures, even for germs or virus, you should use "いる" than "ある". And it's better to replace "ところ" with "スレッド" or something as the phrase "あのところ" always sounds unnatural. Or just replace "あのところ" with "あそこ", which is a super common phrase .

感謝します!

Attached: 1536715891615.png (796x597, 464K)

Attached: whereisAussie.png (480x504, 57K)

I keep mixing 許可 and 助詞 up even though they look nothing alike. How does that even work?

可 stands out like a sore thumb to me and 詞 is exclusively in grammar nonsense, how are you fucking this up

I have no idea. It's both puzzling and frustrating.

I want to send a twitter to Mr. uematsu but I don't know japanese, I would love if any jap user here wanna help me translating this:

"Dear Mr. Uematsu, I know you may don't care about this, but I wanna say thank you for being an inspiration to me to start composing music for my own games, Thank you from the deepest part of my heart"

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 11K)

>Pepe the frog
>One man army dev
Mか?

I'm just the colombo user who draw waifus on Jow Forums

Where's your game

>you meant 植松伸夫, right?
>親愛なる植松様、貴方のお目に留まらぬであろうとは思うのですが、しかし私がまさにあなたによって自分のゲームのために作曲を始める啓示を得たことについて、どうか感謝をお伝えする事をお許し下さい。
心より申し上げます。本当にありがとうございました。

Hi, a bit confused, what's the meaning of いたわり を here?

「フリーズしないよういたわりを」 (speaking about a self-developed video game)

Does it mean something like "gotta be careful so it doesn't freeze" or am I misunderstanding somewhat?

sorry, all lines should have been green text.
use the 2nd and 3rd line.
>gotta be careful
that's what "いたわりを(もって接して下さい)" namely means.

@UematsuNobuo 植松さんには気にしないかもしれませんが、自分のゲームで音楽を作曲してくれてありがとうと感謝しています。私の心の最も深いところからありがとう

Is this understandable?

>自分のゲームで音楽を作曲してくれて
It sounds like that you had Mr uematsu compose music for YOUR game.
To convey what you said above,
>being an inspiration to me to start composing music for my own games
"自分のゲームのための音楽を作曲するきっかけをくれて"

man, why japanese can't be properly translated using google?

親愛なる植松様、貴方のお目に留まらぬであろうとは思うのですが、しかし私がまさにあなたによって自分のゲームのために作曲を始める啓示を得たことについて、どうか感謝をお伝えする事をお許し下さい。
心より申し上げます。本当にありがとうございました

Is this a non troll translation of what I want to say?

Attached: 2018-09-12-120812_1440x900_scrot.png (1440x900, 197K)

I guess I'll try to translate it myself with my poor grammar (I know some basic japanese grammar).

I am too paranoid of posting some troll translation.

>I think that you will not stay in your eyes
lmao

The user here is perfect, very respectful Japanese. There is no issue in the translation.

Japanese is a very complex language, with layers and layers to it. There's a million different ways to say the same different thing. It's hard for Japanese to understand Japanese, let alone some program. Also, English and Japanese share no common background or roots or relation. A proper translation requires understanding a lot of intricacies of the language that programs cannot do at the moment. You shouldn't use Google Translate for Japanese even for basic sentences. It is strange almost 100% of the time.

that’s because google confuse them where we omit the subjects of the topics.
I made it slightly much more polite, but
>植松さんには気にしないかもしれませんが、私に自分のゲームで音楽を作曲するきっかけをくれてありがとうと感謝しています。私の心の最も深いところからありがとう
is concise and conveying your feeling sufficiently. Google would show more clear translation for this one, and maybe would suit Twitter.

I think he would feel nicer seeing your own words, and presumably he knows English.
Thanks

このボールペンはとてもおもしろい。

上手

こんばんは

今夜が山田

anyone know an interesting japanese youtube channel? I'm so fucking bored I feel like dying

Attached: 1348322254689.jpg (634x385, 87K)

youtube.com/watch?v=0GU3ymY3WB0

youtube.com/watch?v=kbZb6O1Tbc0&list=PLGNLbDpAUWPV3-53zUB4HF5h_sFhw1GFm

労動者ょ、聞こえないのかい
共産の風がきた、と君の解放にも

What do you generally like to watch?

Attached: __drawn_by_katsuwo_cr66g__sample-e5104e9e75fb76be44819b32e6f99fcd.jpg (850x878, 118K)

thanks but no thanks

informative stuff mostly or about movies, history/culture etc.

How would you translate this show? the serious and the idiot?

Attached: products_66b8efb0684e8afd9e893afe98385352_jpeg.jpg (480x270, 78K)

Ye

Any professional speakers can help me out with the phonetic pronunciation of "hello, are you japanese?" and "I love japan?"

Please don't bully, I don't want a stupid translator answer

You can guess the first one by how they look, how can you love Japan if you don't speak Japanese though?

nicovideo.jp/mylist/7782179

Attached: 1536459137062.jpg (550x724, 79K)

please I need urgent help with this nw bzzr

Do you think the Japanese royal family would ever let one of their own marry a foreigner?

>私どもの新しい???

Is the last kanji 姿?

Attached: kanji20.png (209x106, 18K)

姿 maybe

(´∀`∩)↑上げ↑

Did you guys ever have or use a conjugation chart when you started reading? I'm debating on using one.

Attached: image.jpg (1536x2048, 1.5M)

おやすみ

Attached: 1536681047142.jpg (998x1000, 147K)

おはよう
No, I just had tae kim open on the second monitor. Sometimes I feel bad about the grammar being taught from a korean but desperate times

Attached: 160430xv6a.jpg (555x400, 89K)

I checked the conjugations with Rikai (now equal to Yomichan) until I didn't need to.

おやすみ