Uhhhhhhhh... Europe? You okay?

Uhhhhhhhh... Europe? You okay?

Attached: 1536771550521.png (1065x185, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2018/9/12/17849868/eu-internet-copyright-reform-article-11-13-approved
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How can we blame America for this?

You can blame the Germans. The huge American companies were on the peoples side on this.

Eternal kraut strikes again

Fucking Germans, they act like pigs while they do turism and they act like pigs in politics.

>link tax
>upload filter

Attached: 1503396029227.jpg (2544x4000, 732K)

Germans aren't even fucking individuals; they want society to be like an ant colony. The degree to which they idolize big government and the nanny state is horrifying.

From now on europeans will go to jail for posting stuff like this.

Attached: 1518107848982.png (712x802, 323K)

This is getting ridiculous. Do these EU boomers even know how the internet works? As if those KANKER cookie law wasn't insane enough.

yeah of course you blaim it on the whole EU when the right wing parties are to blame

Attached: europe meme vote.jpg (1680x1304, 210K)

Wait, leftists who are against government power and more regulation? Those exist?!?!

>Wait, leftists who are against government power and more regulation? Those exist?!?!
>american flag

Attached: grinning pepe 1.jpg (258x245, 19K)

Here, all of our leftists want to regulate everything and make bigger government. Most of our rightists do too, though a few don't (like Ron Paul).

Euro politics are way different. Your Democrats are still rightwing here.

Right wing parties are the majority in europarliament

we can afford to make an example of germany
if they want to stamp their internet so be it

perhaps people will learn to appreciate their internet freedoms a bit more

This. Nuking krauts when?

Why did you burgers allowed Germany to keep existing after WW2?

>tv license

Attached: 1496240358544.jpg (240x210, 5K)

oh fuck that's good lmao

Wait, they actually passed it?

What happened with the net neutrality deal?

Still has to be confirmed, but yeah.

Cold War

It has passed the first vote, now there is months of negotiating a trying to clarify what it all means.
The second vote will be a much bigger deal.

And now everyone is suffering the consequences, Germany was a mistake

Attached: 7a24cc43e11f6c3b5fd721431acf020f9074fdae_hq.jpg (768x1024, 52K)

you fucking idiot, it was the right wingers here trying to surpress the internet too. they're the ones that passed laws ending net neutrality. the right isn't "anti big government and regulations" unless it benefits them personally. don't ever fucking vote if you're this stupid and ignorant of what actually happens in politics

>people shouldn't be paid for the content they create

Attached: brainlet2.png (851x714, 167K)

>euro's have to pay a tax to upload el creturas
i actually feel bad

Attached: 1526351399225.png (450x710, 247K)

hope you paid your post tax that goes to the creator of that meme when you hit enter, euro

Mr Burger, I don't feel so good

Do we have a pic for the current one?

>passed laws ending net neutrality
Title 1 still exists. Don't exaggerate things.

Just landlock these mofos!

>tfw these people are real and are allowed to vote/exist in my country

Oi m8. I got no link-loicence

>euro's have to pay a tax to upload el creturas
But i don't, here you go

Attached: 1508537639048.png (420x420, 17K)

>right wing
>capitalists who want to eradicate borders so they can line their pockets are right wing

So Europeans won't be able to read news anymore?

No, it'll be like 4-5 months until the final vote on it, I imagine a lot of major sites will do a Net Neutrality style blackout.
Until then all we can do is meme.

>uraguay
no u

Yes they are? Conservative governments were in charge when all those millions of Africans came to Europe.

Why do Mutts keep pushing that shit meme?

Attached: 1200px-Europe_-_TV_financing.svg.png (1200x959, 190K)

upload filter isn't even a topic any longer
they just sucked up to the print media jew lobby and want to jew google for more shekels

because they're low iq
stop raising to it

Should have nuked germany instead of japan tbqh

It's just weird that they've latched onto that one so hard when it makes absolutely no sense.

>euros pretend to be experts on america and latch on to every single meme that comes along
>I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY AMERICANS ARE LATCHING ON TO THIS MEME
Why do e*ros lack so much self awareness?

I'm too lazy to look for it, but it's everywhere on the twatter.

Once again, Conserves fucked us in the asses.

Is that what you tell yourselves? Okay mate.

Attached: e8a.gif (390x277, 2.41M)

I don't get it, what does it mean?

Attached: 1437962697593.png (510x346, 209K)

as far as i understand, media companies want money from google because google news links to their outlets

Brexit is looking pretty smart right now

Did anglos do it again?

Attached: 1517018499101.jpg (272x272, 19K)

they monitor their uploads now and you are taxed for linking people to websites

In other words, they are trying to ban memes like putin did, but in the most jewish way possible where people have to spend money to meme

Leftists in Europe often team up with internet freedom people. It works well with their often younger and urban voterbase.

I have no idea what this law means other than i can't upload memes. I should read the news.

Bugs bunny knows how many fucking times I have seen this exact conversation.

>the US is becoming a 3rd world country
>the EU is becoming 1984
>Canada has a leaf on its flag
Feels good to be free

Attached: 1532920297273.png (1440x720, 111K)

who to blame....who to blame....

Attached: 1536756407238.png (1073x1024, 83K)

How the fuck will that work? What if they just refuse to pay and the sites just block out Europe?

>tfw only rich people will be able to keep posting memes

>Latvia
what the fugg?

guy in the picture should be chinese

Always, The Eternal Gaul...

It gives a lot of power to 'intellectual property owners' against websites that host their content.
In short it can mean websites that allow unfiltered uploads of content, such as Jow Forums or the Pirate Bay can be blocked from the EU if they don't actively try to get rid of copyrighted content.

The law seems to be mainly going after portal websites like Google News that combine and display others peoples content and in general media upload websites which host often pirated stuff.
The image isn't really correct I think. If the vote really went like this, it shouldn't have passed.

there were a lot of abstentions

Not all countries have an equal number of votes though.

Has it already been through the commission? Or did they come up with it?
European Parliament is completely irrelevant when it comes to enacting European law. If Commission drafted it and they merely accepted the law, it was already there in the first place.

Wouldnt that mean all social media websites are going to be blocked?

No but all the countries that aren't in bright red appear to be in some very light shade of blue or are neutral. Combined they should easily outweight red, even if small majorities there voted against.

it wont work out
the people who own media are unable to adapt to changing society and technology, but they have good connections, so they lobby for such bullshit laws

Yep.
It's such a ridiculously wide-reaching and unidirected law it's beyond belief.

No, it would pose more danger to smaller websites. Google, Youtube, Facebook etc all have software that can identify content being uploaded there to the point they know every item being shown in them and probably can get a transcript of what is being said in them. They can just flip the switch and everything unrightfully posted will be blocked.

Smaller websites however will be at risk.

>The law seems to be mainly going after portal websites like Google News that combine and display others peoples content
Ah that's it. Newspapers are complaining for years.

>The final vote was 438 in favor and 226 against.
>theverge.com/2018/9/12/17849868/eu-internet-copyright-reform-article-11-13-approved

Two things.
1) News portals that share snippets of other news media will have to pay. This may affect the Finnish newsspammer on Jow Forums.
2) every video must be investigated for copyright infringement by YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion etc BEFORE it's uploaded. This is retarded because there are millions of videos that are uploaded there every day. Youtube memes and parody videos can be censored because of copyright infringement.
I hope retards who vote right-wing are happy about this. They are the ones who voted massively for the directive.

the final vote takes place next year.

Well, it's to be expected. Of course the euroskeptics want the EU to make stupid and unpopular decisions.

Can you give me a source that big social media websites wont be blocked? How the fuck is this going to be foolproof lmao

>there's a chance the EU will block Jow Forums
> that would mean no more eurobros posting here
I mean I guess we'll still have Serbs, Swiss, Bosnians, Macedonians, Montenegrins, Norwegians and Icelanders able to post but still this place just wouldn't be the same.

Attached: 1413417548147.jpg (662x807, 156K)

Doesn't make the same impact when a south ameriape posts it

Source?

They don't go after someone who paste some news in a Finnish image board. It's more a buisness thing. Google News and leeches like that.

If you read the law you can see that they specifically state that websites must filter their content before it being uploaded. Youtube already bans people from uploading unedited movies or music videos.
They have the software already.
These right wingers are just your average big business cronies.

d-do you want us leafs to post it?

>says this
>is literally governed by corporation cartels consisting a huge private government

It's a risk those websites can't afford to take though. The simplest solution from their end is to simply block all EU countries from using their sites.

Sure

Attached: CHApbND.jpg (600x315, 28K)

There is no risk as Youtube already has the mechanisms in place. Even back in 2009 they already managed to find and block all the VEVO owned music videos for example.

Like I said earlier it's the smaller websites that don't have the software Youtube has to will feel this

>Two things.
>1) News portals that share snippets of other news media will have to pay. This may affect the Finnish newsspammer on Jow Forums.
Sounds like this could really hurt /news/, since we typically c/p articles there. Of course idk how many Euros are on there

>The simplest solution from their end is to simply block all EU countries from using their sites.
They already do that. I could go on an American site because i'm from the EU. That was the moment i took a premium vpn. Motherfuckers.

>you've heard of the Great Chinese Firewall
>well introducing the new European Cyber Curtain
It'll be something like this right? Or am I meming wrong?

Those are the ones I'm talking about though.
Jow Forums and R*ddit won't even be able to protect themselves from this, so we'll likely be banned entirely.

Google is a publicly traded company though, their shareholders would have an aneurysm if they tried that.

Exactly, though I don't think Jow Forums is at risk too much considering the amount of copyrighted material being spread here is actually very minimal and it's not stored for a long time or systematically at all.

Well it depends on how autistic the EU will be about enforcing the law I guess

> their shareholders would have an aneurysm if they tried that.
that's the problem with extremely vaguely worded laws like this though. If the EU actively tries to enforce this shit it's going to be chaos.

Can you show me where the information that you based your cucky opinion on is stated in the law? No? K.

Germans are pretty autistic

So the EU's economy is gonna tank?