El salvador

Dont know much about this country. How safe is it? Also have a good independence day.

Attached: 1200px-Flag_of_El_Salvador.svg.png (1200x677, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y833Hv94hcs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There's were your parents are from

There's where your parents are from, josh Corrales

pinche mesero tu pais es basura ahahhahaha viva mexico

Bump

Wonder how life is over there

Bump

San salvador

Attached: 167875797-56a3955c3df78cf7727e0e24.jpg (960x640, 145K)

Doesnt it have high crime?

Theres a cute girl I know whos Salvadorean.

Based El Salvador.

El Salvador looks like a really nice country. Shame that the gang violence and drugs ruin it though. Hopefully it changes for the better

Heard its pretty cheap

>How safe is it?
One of the highest murder rates per population in the world

MS13 is from there i think

Had a war with Hondruas over soccer.

Safe enough for tourists. Lots of new beach resorts, actually. Pretty good food. Lots of gang members walking around, though.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1920x1080, 234K)

Wonder how the cities are

Attached: 31235037_1810463822590959_7044905010177507328_n.jpg (960x720, 84K)

Looks nice

There's really only one "city;" San Salvador. The San Salvador area has over 2 million people. After that is Santa Ana, with fewer than half a million, so there's a big dropoff. But it's a rather small country with surprisingly good roads for Central America, so it's not like these places are inaccessible from each other.

Advantages:

-Not that long of a flight from much of the US
-Uses the US dollar as currency
-Lots of things to see in a small area (volcanoes, lakes, beaches, towns, the cloud forest, etc.)
-Not as expensive as many other destinations

Disadvantages:

-Crime rate
-Not necessarily safe to go out at night
-Not as developed for tourists as other countries, meaning things like guest houses without reliable electricity or running water
-Depending on what you want to do, it is probably best to rent a car, which is an added expense

Attached: Volcano and ocean.jpg (1200x700, 158K)

Are the other cities just small towns then?

Does the crime rate show any chance of going down?

There are a number of cities in the 100,000 to 250,000 range. They tend to have shopping malls and supermarkets and hospitals and so on, but they don't have all the services that San Salvador has, like an international airport or the national museums and so on.

Probably not to anything approaching a first-world rate. It goes up and down, but the "lows" are still rather high.

ask your abuelita

I wonder is the violence mainly gang member on gang member?

Sort of, except that "gang" affiliations are often extended to entire neighborhoods, meaning that plenty of civilians get killed in "gang" wars. There is also a lot of extortion and murders of shopkeepers and stall-owners who don't pay up. There is an ongoing problem with bus drivers being extorted and murdered.

Bump

Hopefully it will stop soon

Bump

Had a cray night in this hotel

>How safe is it?
Probably one of the most dangerous counties on earth:

youtube.com/watch?v=y833Hv94hcs

So san salvador has pretty everything

JAJAJAJAJAJ CHI

I always confuse the central American flags. Stop being so damn similar.

They are such nice flags though.

It's really dangerous unless you're rich and avoid going to some places.

Do you think the crime will ever go down?

Based

Hope it can get better. El Salvador is a beautiful country

What makes all those small central American countries culture's different? So weird how varied the sizes of colonial nations are. Canada and the USA are the biggest countries on this hemisphere yet our cultures are practically identical.

I don't know it all depends on the goverment and seeing how the last presidents stole most of the country income i doubt it and even the police head chief said he's afraid of going out because of the gangs.
So my answer is no but since China has lately been moving stuff here maybe they'll offer security over freedom.

That sucks. Hopefully you guys elect a good president that will fix it sometime

Traditional salvadorean culture should be promoted, catholicism.

If you move there you can live pretty good

Interested

Bump

Different tribes, somewhat different geography, different cuisine, different histories following the end of the Central American union in the early-1800's. For example, El Salvador and Guatemala are next to each other, but they don't really share the same fundamental ethnic groups. Guatemalans were mostly Mayan-affiliated tribes, but El Salvador was at the very edge of the Mayan zone, so its two main tribes (the Pipils and the Lenca) were both rather different from Guatemalan tribes. This also creates divisions WITHIN countries - during the civil war, the Lenca zone was home to most of the rebel fighters.

Attached: Comida.jpg (1400x936, 475K)

t.Mexican on proxy.

Doesnt el salvador have a large european population?

He is Argentinian, he has been posting that for months to make fun of Mexico. Go to the archive and see for yourself.

Whens your next elections? Will anygood good run

Not really. Some of the elites are pretty damn white, but for the most part it's a mestizo nation. And actually, one of the recent presidents (Francisco Flores) was a darker mestizo who probably had some African slave ancestry, but he was extremely corrupt and then he died.

Attached: Afredo Cristiani.jpg (1024x576, 116K)

North Africa was literally conquered by Romans. They've been civilized before Islam. They might be even better off if Islam never came.

Thanks! And yea its pretty unsafe, but it depends on the zone.

Attached: desfile.jpg (500x333, 112K)

>Corrales
Never heard that surname here.

Lol no. Here's the same street, a little further to the west.

It's hell on Earth. Don't come unless having a constant decent probability of dying is your thing.

Here, the street i was talking about.

Attached: 1481234313866.jpg (1024x576, 132K)

Guatemala is better

Oh. Wish there was google street view there so i can see it

Why is the murder rate so high? Such a beautifull country and would prob want to live in el salvador if the murder rate wasnt so bad.

The was was arrabged by both dictatorships to distract civil unrest by increasing nationalism. Farmers invading botders were used as scapegoats. The match was around the time and it was just a catchy title for newspapers

The civil war left many broken families. Kids were sent to the US where they copied nigger gangs. MS13th street and 18th street are literally the streets in Los Angeles where they originated. Gang members were deported and continued to form gangs here. Governments were too busy stealing money to give a fuck so they let them grow out of control. The people don't have any choice now, they don't want to die so they don't report, Cops grab them but judges release them for money, so justice doesn't get served and of course they'd retaliate.

Also, during and after the war, lots of people from the countryside moved to the city (the war was fought mainly in small settlements as part of guerilla warfare), they have no education and don't want to either study or get a job, so they join the gang and receive income from it, and buy chink garbage or stolen goods from hijacked trailers to resell, and that's all the filth you see in that downtown pic.

Also, they are fucking pigs. They sell fruit, make tortillas and stuff on the street, they wash them with the same water and then throw it on the floor middle age style. The streets stink of sewers because of the rotten filth.

Must suck driving in that

The cold war CIA/KGB shitshow really fucked LatAm hard

Plantation economies aren't good for a society.

Civil Wars aren't good for a society.

Cocaine trafficking isn't good for a society.

Central America has all three in droves.

Whens the next election? Is there any canadidate that wants to fix things and stop corruption?

What's been happening a lot in Central America is that the Attorney General's office becomes a de facto fourth branch of government and starts aggressively cracking down on corrupt officials.

There's talk that the Salvadorian government wants to appoint some loyalists to the Supreme Court to stop the attorney general from prosecuting major political figures.

Attorney general is the right wing's bitch here. supreme court is full of narcos,The executive consists of two rights bargaining, same goes for the legislative. We do have a fourth (unofficial) power which is the chamber of constitutional stuff, which all it does is veto whatever the president says to fuck with him,and nobody can say a shit about it.

I'm not sure, but I think they are from central america, am I right?

Yes.

How are the smaller cities?

my salvadorian friends (and i know MANY) tell me it's a shithole

they are right

Not very safe my friend. Feel free to try some popusas though

The hostile Argentinian poster is the most based poster in LatAm. His insults are always 9/10 correct despite what I assume was just ball busting banter at first.

Literally hell on earth.

Forgot to post pic fuck

Attached: popusas.jpg (1920x1080, 1.08M)

i can't believe they really named a food "pupusas", it doesn't matter how many times i hear it, it always cracks me up

I'd unironically join an anti narco paramilitary and go to salvador and hang anyone who owns a machete

Mesero is a mini /lat/ meme atm interlatam inmigrants will most likely work tables at restaurants as their first job

>Join an anti narco paramilitary
Argentinians are too based. I'd join you

>Mesero is a mini /lat/ meme atm interlatam inmigrants will most likely work tables at restaurants as their first job
hahaha this is so fucking true

I hear they have some cuties

More safe than Mexico, is that enough for you?

I seriously doubt that

WEW