Why are non-German languages so ugly?

Why are non-German languages so ugly?

Attached: Unbenannt.png (324x704, 153K)

>Russian
>Лyпa

Wow, my language has a German origin!

unironicly i enjoy the dutch language than speaking or writing in english or my native language
it's more descriptive and it forces you to not half ass learning it

Using simple, 1 or 2 syllable words is more an English trait that it is German

le raeg face

we also call it Lupe (ルーペ) or MushiMegane (虫眼鏡)

Attached: baka.jpg (418x352, 33K)

>borrows French "loupe"
>'Why are non-German languages so ugly?
yeah nah fuck off hans

just looked it up, apparently the french call it loupe and the iberians lupa

what's the deal with that

Förstoringsglas!!!!!

Frankish "luppa" > French "loupe" > German "lupe" and Spanish "lupa"

how did you learn? And what do you mean not half-ass it

How did you learn? And what do you mean not half-ass it?

So it is German then

It is Germanic but they had to borrow it from us. Absolute state of G*rmans.

>Frankish "luppa"
did magnifying glasses exist back when frankish was a thing???

They got them from ancient Slovenes (in Slovene, they a magnifying glass is called lupa)

What a cute post

Lupa in spanish so I suspect it's not a germanic word

in italian lupa/lupe was taken, meaning female wolf/wolves.

So... German language has a Slavic origin???

Probably meant something else that wasn't completely unrelated. Like how "res publica" just meant "public thing" in Latin, referring to the modern concept of states, but it took the meaning it has today in French.

No, it's called a loanword.

In fact, here you go. It just meant "something pendulous".

Attached: 20180918_104842.jpg (1440x1531, 555K)

Ja

cope harder

courses in the Goethe institut where i'm from
by half assing it i mean you can't study it for a couple of months and have a comprehensive conversation with a native so you have to really be fluent in it unlike english and french ,it pushes you to be fluent

>using the 1606 union flag
kys

guess so

The earliest evidence of a magnifying device was a joke in Aristophanes's The Clouds from 424 BC, where magnifying lenses to start kindling were sold in a pharmacy, and Pliny the Elder's "lens", a glass globe filled with water, used to cauterize wounds. (Seneca wrote that it could be used to read letters "no matter how small or dim"

I think Northern Ireland doesn't need to be commented

>not even a German word
cringe

>lente d'ingrandimento
Most people would just say lente though

We use lupe too, I didn’t know it’s German though.

It's the same with the "ugly German language" memes
There are usually reasonable alternatives that normal people use in contrast to the overly technical words displayed for German

Attached: fb8.jpg (619x830, 49K)

>- Fantasie

Attached: 7293be4578b08d9a69811c338eba56f2.jpg (500x600, 35K)

>拡大鏡

wtf is this…

self-explanatory

Attached: Download.jpg (500x600, 41K)

is that a real word?

no

And Romanian "lupă"

by your logic arabic is the greatest language there is
a language greatness come's of how descriptive it is not in how short you can say a word comes from having words that describe things other language can't and the dutch language is the greatest in doing that

Attached: 51721c9cc0a077a816110a7ebb6c80b2.jpg (600x600, 19K)

You seem unable to think a straight thought

LITERALLY all words in this picture used to refer to a car(auto, car and voiture) come from French. Are other languages even trying?

Why does the flag for english keep changing hahaha.

another proof that we are superior

"Auto" is shorthand for "Automobil" which goes back to the Greek "Auto-", meaning "self" and the Latin "mobilis" meaning "moveable"

"Auto" is shorthand for "automobile"(French orthography). Coining a word using classical roots doesn't mean it doesn't come from your language.

no you baited them to shit on the dutch language fully knowing that using few syllable words aren't the characteristics of the dutch language and i said it's great because it's super descriptive you know user it's really a great language you don't need to shit on here to feel that it's special because it is

Bist du wirklich Deutscher?

>'a-qha-da
>held
WTF I thought akad is ceremony.

auto comes from greek, anyway franks couldn't use their primitive language to rule over the roman gauls so they had to dismiss it and embrace latin with all the greek loan words it had

it also means wedding ceremony

>wedding ceremony
So what we use is redundant then. In here marriage ceremony = akad nikah, nikah=marriage.

"Lup" and "Forestorrelsesglas" refer to the same object in Danish you fucking faggot

Stopping by to say that your languages are subhuman and gay

nikah = fucking it isn't marriage marriage = zawag

Are you actually and unironically still butthurt about shitty 2008 memes? Are all germans autistic dorfs?

never got how indonesia became a muslim country i get us becoming becouse they invaded us 641ad did they invade indonisia too?

My point is that "automobile" as a word was invented by a Frenchman in the early 20th, that's why it uses French orthographic conventions. Therefore it is a French word.

I've never heard 拡大鏡...

Kek, the more you know.
Nikah is "to marry" and "marriage", and is considered a polite form of kawin. The other word for marriage ceremony is per-nikah-an after all.
Nope. The one who spread Islam were the merchants from Persia and China.
The kings converted to Islam to appeal the merchants and since the kings were like heavenly mandates for the people. the people willingly converted to Islam.

Yes why?

Yes and no

Ayy

English, Danish, and Swedish are Germanic languages though.

*borrows your Charlemagne*

Attached: charlemagne.jpg (1200x915, 425K)

based etymology rooster

Attached: american french cooperation.jpg (1024x768, 224K)

that's the East India Company , which offends the fuck out of me too

Attached: george washington raises east india flag on prospect hill.jpg (246x168, 20K)