South America

Do you fucks hate each other down here because of centuries-old wars? Or are you bros?

Attached: sudacas.jpg (800x1111, 115K)

We are friends, also we consider mexicans bros too

ni lo uno ni lo otro sino todo lo contrario

Some Peruvians and Bolivians do hate us for centuries old wars. But I wouldn't say it's mainstream (at least in Peru).

Older generations do have some resentment amd antagonism

Newer generations dont really care, its been ages since the last meaningful south american conflict

Zoomers dont even pretend to care about that shit, whats worse due to the dact that they interact online so much with other latin americans, most of our yiuth is quickly picking up disgusting mexican dialects and expressions.

I guess not much can be done about our cultural influence when like, a full quarter of spanish speakers are mexicans.

>Do you fucks hate each other down here because of centuries-old wars?
Yeah and no. We barely use these as a reason to hate another country, in fact, we use those wars as a tool to deliver our hate, which is driven by an inferiority complex driven by other factors that have little to nothing to do with a distant war.

Right now we don't really hate each other, we might dislike certain stuff from our neighbors, but it's not genuine hate. In fact, I could say that we have a very good relationship with our neighbors regardless of recent hardships with each other. But to be fair, I'm still quite reluctant to call any country on this continent our "bros" wholeheartedly.

Attached: 20180918_211853.jpg (228x169, 28K)

you're literally all the same though, what is there to hate

how rude
we're all of the same father but different mothers

Political events, recent border disputes, if this cultural thing belongs to a country or another, there are certainly more things to list but I don't want to go to a youtube comment section to check out what I am missing.

We all hate each other but not for war-like reasons

Peruvians and Ecuadorians had a war in which the Peruvians stole our land (at least that’s what my family told me, I don’t really know much about the history of Ecuador). Although I was talking to this Peruvian guy and he said that it was actually the Ecuadorians that stole their land, so not sure what to believe. Anyways Ecuadorians and Peruvians are kinda like frenemies now.

>leaf flag
>our
>I don’t really know much about the history of Ecuador
CHIs are disgusting

Oh shut up, what if you one day immigrate to Canada/US and have your kids there? Wouldn’t you also try to teach them as much as you can about your culture? Or are you also going to call them disgusting?

>what if you one day immigrate to Canada/US
I won't, immigration should be forbidden world wide.

Attached: 1533211881742.jpg (618x597, 144K)

We’ll see

Which one? There has been 3 peruvian ecuatorian armed conflicts in the last 100 years

The problem is basically that before the rio de janeiro protocol peru and ecuador never had formal and well defined borders

You guys were greedy fucks that pretended to claim all of the peruvian amazonas, and got btfo accordingly, peru kicked the invasion and then gave food to the ecuatorian troops, and gifted an honorary piece of land to ecuatorians (reason why you guys claim victory even tho it was an offensive war) which over the years you guys have made extremely populated and 10 times bigger than originally intended.

Honestly i get that ecuador is the most densely populated country in rhe americas but your military doesnt respect the peruvian border at all and the other two military conflicts we had after the war were because of the ecuatorian military entering in peruvian territory

Attached: Ecuador-peru-land-claims-01.png (1000x731, 188K)

trying to one-up each other economically even tho there's """"mutual"""" trade agreements should be added
but that's more a worldwide thing, you might argue. it's just very characteristic of us to try to scam our neighbors, i say, since the colony era

>I'm still quite reluctant to call any country on this continent our "bros" wholeheartedly.
I'd gladly claim any hispanic to be our bro. It may sound gay, but I think language (as long as it isn't english) is a special bond.

Is this true?

To be fair user. Our borders weren't clear from the start and these stayed like that for fucking centuries until just a few decades, so it was Ecuador's clay, our clay at the same time.
Our nicknames were cool tho, pic related.

Attached: 1530647932588.jpg (453x604, 48K)

What were the nicknames? Also did they teach weird stuff in school about Ecuadorians? My mom told me that when she learned history as a kid, they would say that Ecuadorians are descendants of the “good” brother Atahualpa while Peruvians are descendants of the “bad” brother Huascar.

no, fuck off you racists pieces of shit

we lose a LOT of territory in the past due to dumbs goverments and a shitty military, see Ecuador maps on 1830

>Mexican cultural influence
jajajajajajaajajajj

So would you say both countries were to blame?

Ecuador is to blame for being a made up country

H-hey fuck you man

Attached: 6A4B9AA6-3824-495E-943B-59EBA56A743A.jpg (400x400, 37K)

why isn't spanish speaking latin america just one big country like the united states

>What were the nicknames?
Ecuadorians called us Gallinas and we called Ecuadorians Monos. Here are the supposed backstory to these nicknames:
>"These supposedly come from 1941, when Peruvians invaded the borders. They said that Ecuadorians didn't have any armor, so when they heard gunshots they fleed by climbing trees."
>"In Jambelí, Ecuadorians attacked with fury, because they were done with their southern neighbors. they said that Peruvians fleed like chickens".
>Did they teach weird stuff in school about Ecuadorians?
Not really. I never heard my teachers saying something negative about Ecuadorians.
>My mom told me that when she learned history as a kid, they would say that Ecuadorians are descendants of the “good” brother Atahualpa while Peruvians are descendants of the “bad” brother Huascar.
kek, that would explain a lot. This is quite interesting to know user, thanks.

Backstories*

>like the united states
ewww dawg

because local cities were too stupid. Buenos Aires and Montevideo didn't join because BsAs wanted Montevideo to be an inferior in their union and vice versa. also Asuncion. they were just too retarded to see past their stupid dick measuring contests.

nah, juntos pero no revueltos papu
tratados económicos y hasta ahí

That’s interesting, we call the Ecuadorians from the coastal regions Monos now lol. My mom has cousins from Guayaquil so we call them the Monos whenever we refer to them.
>kek, that would explain a lot
What do you mean?

are you the one leaf learning castellano?

>What do you mean?
We still kind of honor Huascar, despite everything. So I wouldn't be surprised to see that Ecuadorians think this.
This is the answer with no amount of self-hate, now hold tight.
We are treacherous pieces of shit towards our own kind, just like this big guy.

Si :)

Why do you honour him?

Nah, while I appreciate your friendliness you must recognize that we were pretty treacherous throughout our whole history, this is a great red flag that you should consider before calling us bros.
>but I think language is a special bond.
I disagree, at this point language means little between us.

you are doing great friend

To be honest, I don't know. While Atahualpa is the one painted in a positive light, we still named stuff after Huascar in his honor.

Sure teach them but it's not their culture and them pretending like it is when they've never been there is straight up disgusting.

Besides a couple of Chileans that are very vocal, something that is deemed as vulgar amongst them, all of them consider the rest of South Americans and Latin Americans in general inferior in intellect, wealth and civilization standards, they will just answer posts with buzzwords like 'lmao' or just won't reply at all because they seriously think they addressing monkeys
t. on holidays here