Ask me anything about British Columbia. I was born and raised here...

Ask me anything about British Columbia. I was born and raised here, have traveled and lived throughout most of the province, and am currently studying geography here.

Attached: aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh.png (806x611, 21K)

This is what I meant to upload

Attached: aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.png (800x800, 150K)

What's Prince Rupert like?

Are Bigfoot and Dogman real? Have you seen any? Also I'm madly lusting after a chick but don't have the heart to break up with my gf and pursue her... Do I cheat or break up?

What are the small towns and small town life like? Be detailed pls. I wanna contrast it to how things are in kansas. You can ask me about kansas too if you want.

Thoughts on Alaskans?

The border security girl who reviewed my passport was a qt

Where are you studying?

Never been myself, but I know a lot of folks from there. Scenery wise, its beautiful. It's on an island right by the Coastal Mountain range. A lot of crime for it's size. Many of the missing and murdered indigenous investigations stem from there.

Never seen any of the like. Also, break up.You may end up resentiperng your current gf for not being able to persue this other girl. dont cheat

It really depends on the area. Small towns in the east of the province in the rockies are really cozy, yet touristy. Everyone is usually an avid outdoorsman and skiis in the winter and hikes in the summer. In the interior and the north towns are quite bleak and industrial. They usually have one main industry employing the town like mines, oil, or forestry. In fact, some towns such as Tumbler Ridge and Kitimat were built almost entirely by one corporation to house workers. On Vancouver island small towns are either resource based like in the interior, populated with retirees, hippies, or all three.
They're pretty cool for the most part. Ive met a lot up north. probably my favourite type of american tbqh. but goddammit give us the panhandle.

>resentiperng
Resenting. I think my keyboard had a seizure.

BA in Geography

SFU?

nope

What year?

Third-ish. ive been taking my time with my degree and doing some working and traveling in between

Should I switch from BA geography, to a bachelor of science?

The panhandle sets my map ocd off bad. I’ve roadtripped down through BC and the people there are by far my favorite Canadians. There’s a lot of commonality there.

Absolutely. I wish I did but I just want to get my degree over with at this point. BSc is much more practical in the real world and you learn a lot of useful skills. I feel like a lot of the social geography classes are just a load of made up bs.

Thanks man. yeah i feel like a lot of british columbians and Alaskans are on the same level in terms of values. but Alaskans seem to be a bit more self reliant and libertarian minded, which i respect. id love to get up to alaska one day.

I really want to, but overly theoretical math isn't my strong suit, and I need to take a few math courses

Based fellow British Columbian, feels good living in the most beautiful place in the world. Where in BC are you from?

Attached: IMG_20180902_080122_HDR.jpg (4160x3120, 1.73M)

i genuinely do believe we live in one of the best places in the world. I'm in north central BC at the moment. Wheres your picture from?

Manning Park

Attached: IMG_20180827_151058_HDR.jpg (4160x3120, 1.81M)

Sup boi, I'm a BA Geog major in Minnesota. I actually was a geog major at a western Canadian uni for a year as well. I like the major decently, but I'm primarily interested in geopolitics and political geography. If I had to do it again, I'd be a history major. I've learned I prefer the historical aspect of geography more than geographic theory (but it's still interesting enough I guess)

Like most lib arts majors, it's full of soys and SJWs... I'm pretty left myself but the self righteousness of my peers wears me down. Overall, it's dece. I'd be a BS as well if I weren't trying to go to medical school. However, GIS desk jockey bullshit doesn't really appeal to me lmao

Attached: 1520402155605.jpg (375x289, 51K)

Why are you fucks blocking my pipeline ?

Attached: 1444453014695.png (900x655, 56K)

Hey man, I didn't vote for Horgan

why is our province such a left wing shithole?

It isn't. You just live in Vancouver

What are the worst cities in the province?

Probably some tiny rural town, with an opiod/crime problem.