Chainlink Trademark application: REFUSED

tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?caseId=sn87727908&docId=OOA20180517065611#docIndex=0&page=1

Time to sell

Attached: chainlinky.png (225x225, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

linkedin.com/in/jann-stanley-moorhead-a97a597
smartcontract.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FAT
A
T

As I understand it they just dont let sergey own the term smartcontract. If they would have accepted it not even vitalik or any other smart contract dude use the term smart contract lol. Link would have mooned to 500M.

>mfw chainlink was just a farse
>mfw sergey just use link to make smartcontract
>trademark smartcontract
>link nodes get share of trademark royalties
>pls sergy

>Time to sell

Lol. Right.

Attached: 1526761998331.png (1048x1032, 664K)

We are talking about "smartcontract", not "smart contract". It's a big failure for Sergey because he's FAT.

Is this the end of chainlink?

yes

Do not reply to namefags
Hide all namefag threads

OH NO NO NO NO NO

Attached: 1505081943079.jpg (736x823, 41K)

Stfu he actually posted something no one else has on this board. He's being helpful unlike you, you oxygen thief

This, sage in the option and hide all namefags. Report every one of their posts that even slightly breaks the rules. Best to just not reply at all.

How has he broken the rules? You do realise abusing the report is also breaking the rules? :)

>the state of linkshills

Not gonna sell retard. This is nothing. You will not take from me my only shoot to do something good with my life.

He posts one "helpful" thread for every 10000 garbage fucking awful threads. Also, I'm fucking glad they didn't get that trademark. I'm holding LINK bags but fuck them with that stupid generic name. "Smart contracts" are a thing, not a company name and I'm glad their attempt at trademark squatting was thrown out.
Now they'll be forced to start saying Chainklink instead of shilling their shitty website :)

Attached: link_uh_brainballoon_over_a_sea_of_vomit.png (710x594, 398K)

Wait, did you just recognize Sergey is using pajeet tier schemes to promote his company ?

true. this means increased chainlink shilling and name recognition

this is good for chainlink

botched patent application
sideprojects suck way too much time
don't worry, Sergey will get back to LINK
just HODL in the mean time, Linkies !!!!!

Attached: 1526844756496s.jpg (125x125, 2K)

Owning smartcontracts.com: smart
Calling your company "smartcontracts.com": fucking dumb

this isn't a shot to change your life, it's a shot to fail completely and end up killing yourself

It wont affect ChainLink at all. It was worth a shot at applying for it but the chances of them trade marking the term smartcontract were slim to none anyway.

Looks like Sergey must have started this a while ago since the correspondent is Smart Asset Exchange. Not good though.

We know who the attorney they must have though is now. linkedin.com/in/jann-stanley-moorhead-a97a597

sergay better start upping his game. there are big players and stakes here. if he doesnt accelerate chainlinks profile and visibility someone else will fill that space and quickly. with the traction smart contracts are gaining it will soon be make or break. this is not a game.

the bags are hurting your hands, aren't they ???

nobody is going to fill LINK's space. they are very far ahead in development. there's a reason why the big wallets are not dumping and are even buying more. stop being retarded.

This is the namefag. Hide and sage his threads, report his posts

Attached: SmartSelect_20180516-230325_Chrome.jpg (1440x1202, 358K)

i am not a holder merely an interested onlooker

Attached: 1525908913301.jpg (1080x2220, 616K)

Hide and sage namefag threads
Do not reply to namefags

Selling to who ? No one is buying

HOLY FUCK BIG NEWS IS IN THIS APPLICATION. GO FUCKING CHECK RIGHT NOW

>Check Application Documents that were submitted
>Check 2. Amendment and Mail Process Complete

Owner - SAE

Attached: Chainlink1.png (2433x991, 87K)

uh

explain

Attached: ijj1aSW.png (485x443, 22K)

Sergeys old company is what owns chainlink. He can't use smartcontract as the company name basically.

ur retard, how is this news

When the fuck was you ever told Secure Asset Exchange was the company? We've always been told SmartContract is the company and ChainLink is the network.

>Replying to namefags

Why are you still here shitting on this thread? Just fuck off or actually contribute something of value you fucking waste of space!

what a fucking creepy looking prick.

Thank you for posting this, this is good info and makes a change compared to find or shills. Ignore these immature idiots that are screeching like antifa fags

why?

Yeah I won't even respond to these fags anymore, they're just baiting anyway.

Owning the name SmartContract was a huge selling point for ChainLink. This is actually bad news. Secure Asset Exchange doesn't quite have a good ring to it.

You realise you're breaking the rules? Stop spamming this in the thread you twat face!

They can still use smartcontract.com, dipshit

When did i say they cant? Try learning english sweetie and re-read.

I'm not breaking the rules. I don't even care if you reply or not, you're obviously a newfag hungry for bait. Dig in!
I'm just reminding oldfags that saging is better than raging

imagine discussing this instead of TRON ceo tweets

>Submitting false or misclassified reports, or otherwise abusing the reporting system may result in a ban. Replying to a thread stating that you've reported or "saged" it, or another post, is also not allowed.

>I..I iim NoT bReakInG ThE rULes

Attached: grayons.png (500x533, 66K)

I think you just got told, now fuck off spamming.

is this bad for their networking and partnerships?

>D O M P

>E E T

Attached: 1518289500989.jpg (540x378, 34K)

Apple is a thing, too.

It won't affect any working relations with existing partners but it just sucks that he cant use smartcontract as the business name for when smartcontract becomes a huge buzzword within the next few years

shit

Attached: 1524787490660.jpg (540x405, 32K)

HE JUST NEEDS TO RESPOND TO OBJECTIONS. GET OFF YOUR ASS SIRGAY

He can't.

>Registration is refused because the applied-for mark, SMARTCONTRACT, merely describes a feature of applicant’s amended goods and services. Trademark Act Section 2(e)(1), 15 U.S.C. §1052(e)(1); see TMEP §§1209.01(b), 1209.03 et seq. A mark is merely descriptive if it describes an ingredient, quality, characteristic, function, feature, purpose, or use of an applicant’s goods and/or services. TMEP §1209.01(b); see, e.g., In re TriVita, Inc., 783 F.3d 872, 874, 114 USPQ2d 1574, 1575 (Fed. Cir. 2015) (quoting In re Oppedahl & Larson LLP, 373 F.3d 1171, 1173, 71 USPQ2d 1370, 1371 (Fed. Cir. 2004)); In re Steelbuilding.com, 415 F.3d 1293, 1297, 75 USPQ2d 1420, 1421 (Fed. Cir. 2005) (citing Estate of P.D. Beckwith, Inc. v. Comm’r of Patents, 252 U.S. 538, 543 (1920)).

>Generally, if the individual components of a mark retain their descriptive meaning in relation to the goods and/or services, the combination results in a composite mark that is itself descriptive and not registrable. In re Fat Boys Water Sports LLC, 118 USPQ2d 1511, 1516 (TTAB 2016) (citing In re Tower Tech, Inc., 64 USPQ2d 1314, 1317-18 (TTAB (2002)); TMEP §1209.03(d); see, e.g., Apollo Med. Extrusion Techs., Inc. v. Med. Extrusion Techs., Inc., 123 USPQ2d 1844, 1851 (TTAB 2017) (holding MEDICAL EXTRUSION TECHNOLOGIES merely descriptive of medical extrusion goods produced by employing medical extrusion technologies); In re Cannon Safe, Inc., 116 USPQ2d 1348, 1351 (TTAB 2015) (holding SMART SERIES merely descriptive of metal gun safes); In re King Koil Licensing Co., 79 USPQ2d 1048, 1052 (TTAB 2006) (holding THE BREATHABLE MATTRESS merely descriptive of beds, mattresses, box springs, and pillows).

LMAO eat a dick newfag
Maybe if apple was called "personal computer"

okay, but they can still use the word 'smart contract' in their work right? they just cant say 'SmartContract(tm)' and sue other companies that try to do so? sounfs like it was a shot in the dark

>Doesn't know rules
>Calls people newfags
>Gets schooled by Astro.

Priceless.

Their company name is already SmartContracts...

Yeah pretty much this. Does also mean we've been lied to by the team. They've told us numerous times the company name was smartcontract when really its always been under secure asset exchange.

SmartContract*

yes

That's what we've been told by them, but according to the application documents they were attempting to register it under SAE.

This is why they should stop being faggots and call the company CHAINLINK.

I agree. There's no reason not to now.

this is actually a good thing.

>Schooled by astro
Lol nice samefagging you pathetic faggot

Newfag didn't work so now you gotta try samefag. Nice try there pal. Gtfo of here if you don't know the rules and have nothing of value to add, you're trying to derail the conversation but it's not working. No one gives a shit what you have to keep saying.

This is good guys, totally not a stupid move and waste of effort, showing how the project is run.

Attached: 1526791437628.png (645x396, 71K)

The Lawyer they hired back in December to submit this is a fucking moron and should have known this wouldn't have gone through.

>ChainLink Crypto Fund
They're too late.

Namefag

Newfag
Namefag
Samefag
You are a fag triangle

You just stopped posting under your name trip fag, fuck right off

clink just doesnt have the same ring to it although its catchier maybe just link

You certainly like using the word fag a lot. I think you should be honest with yourself because you're blatantly a homosexual. Stop replying because you got schooled and now you're butthurt and just embarrassing yourself. You broke the rules and you said you didn'tt. You broke the rules and you said you didn't.you broke the rules and you said you didn't. Fuck off.

That's what Fagstro does. Don't forget about his temper tantrum shitting up the board for days until he got a 3 day ban. He also uses vpns to samefag. Sage, and report for any rule violations.

sergery and the rest of his useless team didn't even coin the term smart contract. removing a space between a commonly define term isn't something you can trademark especially when you have absolutely nothing to show for it.

just wait for the universal panning in peer review when they finally launch this broken centralized oracle into the world.

Lawyers don’t care as long as you pay them.

They should take the first 2 letters and last 3 letters and just call it chink. Because this is beginning to look more and more like a chink scam. ;)

>posting your own twitter on Jow Forums
Why so dumb astri?

Attached: SmartSelect_20180516-230325_Chrome.jpg (1440x1202, 358K)

Calling out namefags for being the fags they are isn't against the rules. All the false reports you've been sending definitely are though.
Can't wait till you get banned again you namefagging piece of shit

Never been banned.
I dont use VPNs... you clearly have never tried to use a VPN on Jow Forums because its no longer possible. Which makes your statement completely asnine because if i was banned according to you I could have just used a VPN. HerpDerp.
I think you need to check the rules because you're breaking them right now sweetie. Doesn't exactly give us confidence to know he has shitty lawyers working for him in a fintech industry.

Btw he is now blatantly lying, as he used the same trip with different IDs in other thread plus you can use vpns if you buy Jow Forums pass lmao

stinky

Attached: 1526849160657.jpg (602x306, 21K)

Smartcontract.com is a company

How ironic. Asking me why I'm dumb but cant even spell a 5 letter name right. Thanks for making me laugh hunny.

ITS FUCKING OVER

She’s not a shitty lawyer. She has big clients.

no. SmartContract supposedly "was" the company. Smartcontract.com is a fucking website. Holy fuck you are stupid.

smartcontract.com/

Attached: 0percentmad.png (300x381, 112K)

The proyect has no direction. Unironically I'm going to sell the moment this shit goes pass 0.5 again. Enough is enough

^ I can't read this entire thread

Another interesting fact: the guy suffers from schyzophrenia

Attached: SmartSelect_20180516-224300_Chrome.jpg (1440x2333, 1.05M)

A lawyer that doesn't tell their client straight up that something will get refused and instead takes their money and wastes 6 months of time for the application to be answered, is a shitty lawyer.

Pathetic samefagging

just when i thought it couldnt get any worse

What is a subsidiary company, dipshit?