How popular is creationism in Europe?

How popular is creationism in Europe?

Attached: 672858_v2.jpg (550x684, 141K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cincinnati.com/story/news/2017/05/11/creation-museum-researcher-sues-federal-government/101546936/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

T bh you don't met a lot of people who believes in God here. I never met a creationist that for sure.

wtf i hate christians now

Practically unheard of. The only ones who believe this bullshit are tinfoil retards who also don't believe in the government.

I personally have never met anyone who believes in it, but I know that at least three of our parliament members do.

I've not met a person that believes in it. Even the family of born again christians that I know all believe in evolution.

Not popular

You get treated the same way if you shat in your mouth and started licking your feces covered fingers. It made national news when some crackpot wanted to hold a conference in buttfuck nowhere to "critically discuss evolution.

Based

>you don't met a lot of people who believes in God here
>Switzerland has no official state religion, though most of the cantons (except Geneva and Neuchâtel) recognise official churches, which are either the Roman Catholic Church or the Swiss Reformed Church. These churches, and in some cantons also the Old Catholic Church and Jewish congregations, are financed by official taxation of adherents.[183]

>Christianity is the predominant religion of Switzerland (about 71% of resident population[184] and 75% of Swiss citizens[185]), divided between the Roman Catholic Church (38.21% of the population), the Swiss Reformed Church (26.93%), further Protestant churches (2.89%) and other Christian denominations (2.79%). There has been a recent rise in Evangelicalism.[186] Immigration has established Islam (4.95%) and Eastern Orthodoxy (around 2%) as sizeable minority religions.[184] According to a 2015 poll by Gallup International, 12% of Swiss people self-identified as "convinced atheists."[187]

>As of the 2000 census other Christian minority communities included Neo-Pietism (0.44%), Pentecostalism (0.28%, mostly incorporated in the Schweizer Pfingstmission), Methodism (0.13%), the New Apostolic Church (0.45%), Jehovah's Witnesses (0.28%), other Protestant denominations (0.20%), the Old Catholic Church (0.18%), other Christian denominations (0.20%). Non-Christian religions are Hinduism (0.38%), Buddhism (0.29%), Judaism (0.25%) and others (0.11%); 4.3% did not make a statement.

Not at all and i was on a Catholic school which was part of the church. Even the nuns laugh at it.

>You get treated the same way if you shat in your mouth and started licking your feces covered fingers

There was no need to share your weird scat fetishes, Pekka.

The best part about having an official state church and religion is being able to control dangerous religious outliers like creationists through public policy. Secularism was a mistake.

>The best part about having an official state church and religion is being able to control dangerous religious outliers like creationists through public policy. Secularism was a mistake.

Attached: img-74774.jpg (450x475, 41K)

Is it true that if you´re born in Finland then you´re automatically a member of the Lutheran church?
I know a few Christians but they would call me retarded if I doubted evolution.

If your parents are then you're added as a member after christening. No one gets added whose parents don't want them to be.

Well when you consider that European cunts where the church was an instrument of state power had some of the most destructive wars in history while that has never happened in America where people have always had total freedom of belief.

So what? I live here and I've met 2-3 young people who believed in God in all my life. Nobody goes to church only old people.

Even the pope has accepted evolution here

Literally not a single supporter nationwide except by jehova witnesses and immigrants

Yeah you're right. They all go to mosques instead.

>believe in evolution
that wording makes no sense, it's like saying "believe in gravity"

Based and redpilled

We have some muslim but they're mostly slavs.

you mean turks

"God" is such a vague term though that it can mean anything.

Lol. Albanians are the least Muslim of all the Muslims. They're all degenerates that do hard drugs and drink alcohol.

Meant to reply to

There's a lot to pick apart in your idiotic post, but I guess the funniest part is that the united states did not even exist when wars like the thirty years war were being fought. The US has existed for only a small fraction of time compared to the european continent, most of it during times when religion as a justification for war had already stopped being relevant. Of course you have not had any religious wars. What you have had are religious extremists like the mormons waging guerrilla wars because they had absolute "religious freedom". Also your current administration being beholden to batshit insane fundamentalists. Meanwhile finland sits nice and snug, and the state and church work in perfect harmony. Enjoy having to go to a dirty underground clinic in mexico to get your girlfriend an abortion.

>Also your current administration being beholden to batshit insane fundamentalists. Meanwhile finland sits nice and snug, and the state and church work in perfect harmony. Enjoy having to go to a dirty underground clinic in mexico to get your girlfriend an abortion.

Attached: trash.jpg (778x1018, 394K)

Wow is that le epic trashman VERY nice meme I give it two thumb up

Let's not kid ourselves. When Protestants here feel they can fully show their power level here they try to go full southern baptist on our institutions.

>What you have had are religious extremists like the mormons waging guerrilla wars because they had absolute "religious freedom".
The entire reasons that the mormon situation happened was because the government said "you can't get away with committing felonies just because you claim it's your religion", the opposite of what you said.

Even our Catholic redneck priests laugh at it

In Europe, apparently creationism is more of a thing among very very conservative Christians (tiny minority) and members of American-inspired evangelical groups (again, a small minority). Christianity is mostly dying out in Europe, and the groups that are large there (Catholics, mainline Protestants, Anglicans, Orthodox) are generally more welcoming of evolution than American-style Evangelicals.

the fuck, man?

Attached: 775148468414.jpg (8000x8000, 3.89M)

John 1

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Catholic church is supportive of the evolution theory. And we're catholic neanderthals.

>yfw this underage edgy teen Finn

>It made national news when some crackpot wanted to hold a conference in buttfuck nowhere to "critically discuss evolution.
Top kek. Isn't one of your more famous politicians an out and out creationist?

Unrelated but I found this, pretty funny.
cincinnati.com/story/news/2017/05/11/creation-museum-researcher-sues-federal-government/101546936/
>A researcher associated with the Creation Museum is suing the federal government after he says he was denied a Grand Canyon research permit on the basis of his religion.
>Andrew Snelling claims that National Park Service, tasked with evaluating the scientific merit of research proposals in parks, along with the Department of Interior and several employees for the agencies violated his constitutional rights when they denied his request to collect rock samples from the Grand Canyon.
>According to the suit, Snelling's research is primarily focused "investigating geological phenomena from the perspective of one who believes in the truth of the Old and the New Testaments," according to the lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Arizona.
>In a video on the Answers in Genesis website, he spells out how he believes the Grand Canyon was formed in the aftermath of Noah's flood.
>Snelling has worked for Answers in Genesis since 2007. He's an Australian citizen living in the U.S. on a visa with a Ph.D. from the University of Sydney.

God fucking dammit, why do Australian religious crackpots keep becoming popular over in the States?

It's not

But that kind of reaction is not a result of critical thinking, but only of group pressure. 95 % people of any times are just want to hold the "right", popular opinion.

>inb4 You're a creatonist.
I'm not.

… but I do also think that the theory of evolution is as much horse shit as creatonism is.

Australia isn't that receptive of such ideas outside of a vocal minority, so many move over to America, where their ideas get warmer reception.

Isn't Ken Ham Australian, for example? But I think he's based in the US now.

>… but I do also think that the theory of evolution is as much horse shit as creatonism is.
Kinda amazing that you claim you are somehow smarter than the rest of us "sheep"

Comments like these always make me sad
They just show what kind of self centered culture we have today
Look at a video of "top five hidden underwater cities" on youtube and suddenly you are a genius who is smarter than everyone else

Attached: 1517577756811.jpg (699x919, 214K)