How do the Japanese portray themselves in WWII? As noble or evil?

How do the Japanese portray themselves in WWII? As noble or evil?

Attached: 2NOPWJ44VBF3NLFVGSTHAYT5RQ.jpg (1400x2029, 240K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ggeab0lKz2c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

they're completely delusional

Attached: 55.jpg (1798x2400, 2.57M)

Righteous but unlucky

an*me is enough evidence that 2 nukes weren't enough

The mounting of the losers is disgusting.

Are there Japanese nationalists who think they should have won and that Americans are evil or something?

Attached: 1483048131830.jpg (687x687, 76K)

ching chong ping pong peng

>Liberate half of Asia of white invasion
>Help Korean industry, making it 1st word
>Help manchurians
>Kick the fuck out muricans and brits from east asia

Mmmmm....

Fuck off and DIE.

They're good people and liberate us asians from white devil. 15 years after ww2, almost all SEA nation are independent.

banch of fools deceived by fake emperor myth bullshit and eventually fucked themselves.

ching ping ling

RIGHTEOUS NIPPON

a white devil deceiveing itself.

Wi didtu nushin worugu

I went to elementary school in Japan.

It didn't discuss good or bad. It just talked about how there was war, war is bad, and Japan got nuked lol

I felt awkward being American

Japan from 1853-1945 is one of the most interesting topics in modern history. Prove me wrong.

They always focus on the Pacific war, never show the Japanese commiting anything immoral like mistreating pows and like to show Japanese cities being bombed.

Attached: 1537468813323.png (1528x1184, 94K)

Is 11% supposed to be a good thing?

Basically this.

It's not good or bad. It's just really helpful to know how Japs actually see WW2.

cocks...

dont cockpost the emperor

I had a Japanese kid transfer to my high school the month we were doing WWII. Everyone had to write a report and present on if they though the bombings were ok or not. His presence made the whole thing so fucking awkward for everyone especially the people who had to explain about how the japs were to crazy to surrender and they deserved it.

>slaughter millions of Asian people in an attempt to force them into your "Co-Prosperity" Sphere
>brutally repress Korea and use its raw materials to fuel your own industry
>exploit Manchurians and do the same thing there that you did in Korea and use locals as human experimentation subjects
>dump plague-infected fleas on rural Chinese villages
>brutally massacre Chinese in Nanking
>get firebombed, nuked and have your fleet laid to waste by America and Britain and invaded by the Soviets and have your entire empire dismantled
Pic related is the real liberator of Asians.

Attached: 1199px-Kim_Il-sung.jpg (1199x899, 210K)

I feel it's Americans who actually care about two nukes and think it's needed to justify nukes

these shits should be allowed to be published even though its shit. otherwise your culture ends up stagnating hard.

germans seem a bit too careful.

How do the Japanese feel about media like Grave of the Fireflies that heavily implies the Japanese didn't go to war with the US because they could, but because of they got caught by delusions of grandeur and superiority.
Would this be a fair interpretation of events?

Attached: grave-of-the-fireflies-1.jpg (800x451, 38K)

>that movie
the feels man

I think grave of the fireflies is just about how Japanese adults didn't care about Japanese children.

Hirohito's birthday is still a national holiday in Japan

Attached: 1457092009690.png (927x884, 452K)

cringe

good

Everyone is taught that war is bad, not who was the baddie

You white devils hijacked our country through Meiji Restoration that was virtually Korean outcast revolution against Japanese regime in the fucking first place.

We had been peacefully living our land, no need of other countries interventions. You fucking Jews puppet came to our country and let Korean subhumans rule us, atomic bomb was the culmination of the consequences.

Can you just fucking stop blaming us for war crime shit? Everything comes from your imperialism on Asian countries.

you seem right

theres a bunch of expats at this time.

>liberation of asia was just a pretext for invasio-
whoahhhhh, checkm8 imperialist piggus

Attached: FIRST INDOCHINA WAR.png (322x1445, 301K)

anime...

The birthday of Tenno(emperor) basically become a national day after the Meiji era. Japanese emperors represent eras of Japan, not just themselves. Hirohito(Showa)'s birthday was just called “day of green” until 2007. Almost all Japanese don't care about him on the day.

Japanese government are evil
they are 666 empire

this is a lie

In my opinion, Japanese->English translation and Japanese people speaking and writing English is the absolute most kino translingual communication

please care, it pleases my autism

I think this kind of Japanese custom is now just hard to change for better or worse

They see themselves as victims who were bombed by big bad Americans.
All that stuff about raping and looting continental Asia is footnote in Japanese textbooks.

Man! Giving them the Rising Sun 2x REALLY did a number on their spirit!

>Hirohito(Showa)

...you mean he killed Jews too?

Could he get any more based?

>translingual
what's this?

>As noble or evil?
We Japanese don't boil it down to such an infantile dichotomy. On the one hand we were indeed the liberator of Asia, and on the other we had our own interests or agenda to pursue as well; but by and large most people know deep down that it was significant in the long run in that it sparked decolonization of Asia and its autonomous modernization and development regardless of our intention. So, if any, it would be a necessary evil.

Attached: 1530852688849.gif (400x560, 1.5M)

t. English teacher

Yes.

To be fair, all things after the Meiji era are footnotes in Japanese history textbooks for kids.

You can believe anything you want. Nobody actually cares actual Japs.

The pronunciation is very different from it.

For representing the Asian races the Japs sure tried hard to fuck over China

Trans- = across
lingual = relating to language
translingual = across languages
I don't blame you for not understanding, it's a word I just made up now. That's one advantage of English, it's very easy to slap some prefixes, suffixes, and root words from latin together to make a word.

>The pronunciation is very different from it.

How so? OW as in it hurts?

Meh,I understand their position.They are proud because they were relevant for that period of time.

Shoo (not shoe) Wa

Attached: 1449714120262.gif (500x281, 148K)

Oh! Like the Crypt of the Shuwa in Naussica. Ok! Thank you!

Sho(egazer)wa

Japanese have the most patrician taste

Based

post some good shit. i know only my bloody Valentine (godfather )

Check out Slowdive

Also, Blonde Redhead.

>fought against evil wh*te colonialism
they were noble that's for sure

Attached: 1512156492507.jpg (2370x3386, 1M)

thank you famlam
here's my return
youtu.be/ggeab0lKz2c

It had been brainwashing rather than education.

There does exist Japanese film and literature that explores Japan's war crimes and accountability in the war (the Human Condition is one of the longest movies ever made), but usually, it portrays the Japanese populace as victims in the war, as well, and usually pushes blame to the leadership. It's a vastly different situation simply because of Cold War politics and Japan's strategic position in East Asia during the time.

>but usually, it portrays the Japanese populace as victims in the war, as well, and usually pushes blame to the leadership
I think it portrays the Japanese populace as both victims and wrongdoers in the war like Grave of the fireflies and Barefoot Gen.
And yes, it tends to blame the leadership. I think that's understandable considering the Japanese educational level at that time. Despite that, we couldn't blame the specific leadership as well as Germany and Italy because there was no actual charismatic leader like Hitler and Mussolini in Japan.
Japan's totalitarianism was odd.

Citation needed

>t brainlet

Kill yourself

Hirohito is absolutely a scum of scum, but Japan eventually wiped out white subhumans from Asia, it would be a good thing.

How did it go?

Our nationalists are Korean subhuman proxy like so many jp flags here, they are literal obidient dogs of US, only bark at South Korea and China.

It's always either jews or black dicks with you guys.

Japan then became one of the biggest economies in the world and one of the most developed, safest countries too while in America they shoot each other over mattresses.

You are right

Can't, but I would include everything past Sengoku Jidai for proper contextualization.

t. proxy

>Any nation or ethnic group portraying themselves as evil.

Attached: marf.jpg (640x480, 43K)

based muh anime

I'm currently taking a japanese history class at uni and I took an asian politics class last semester, both were taught by japanese guys and they both had the exact same weird stance on it. One minute they would admit that japan committed war crimes and say that it was really terrible and that it's a stain on the countries history, and then the next they would start acting like it was everyone else's fault and that they had done nothing wrong and they'd start blaming others, mostly the UK oddly, they were just in a constant state of back and forth between the two.

Attached: 1514919642831.jpg (483x582, 27K)

if you fell for it then looks like it worked
this pityjerk movie is the victim card in movie form trying to change history

lmao

Germans??

i dont talk about war anymore
i feel it's time to fap

>We shall represent the Asian races
>By attacking, invading and slaughtering the Asian races

LMAO asians are funny.

this

absolutely this. all i learned in history class is just this.

Nazi Germany kind of did the same when you think about it.

I never understood why New Worlders think that NSDAP was representing whites as a group.

Nazi Germany was pro-german not pro-european or w/e you're thinking. What the fuck do you think Lebensraum was?

none of countries japan invaded in ww2 were sovereign ones though. what japan fought were all western colonies or collaborators/puppets manipulated by their western colonial overlords which implemented divide and conquer strategy.

Attached: 1500554570081.png (785x757, 56K)

Nazi Germany literally said they pro-european and fighting for the white race under the veil of german nationalism.
Me too. I'm not sure if their propaganda was better or maybe people are just stupider.
>manipulated by their western colonial overlords which implemented divide and conquer strategy.
Many of the colonies that helped fought under the agreement that they would be sovereign after the war which was agreed on.

Attached: a1f1798f-2f27-446e-bf84-e65810cbdb00.jpg (970x727, 168K)

this is the dumbest thing i;ve read all day but i bet you feel smart right now

I still can't belive that you attacked the united states

Attached: 1528190474915.jpg (492x388, 39K)