Enlighten me about the Indian Caste system

Enlighten me about the Indian Caste system.

Poo Poos on Jow Forums what Caste are you (seriously)

Attached: 1200px-Flag_of_India.svg.png (1200x800, 32K)

>what Caste are you
Chandalas.

>caste system
All kinds of Indians should be united against the anglo menace, the caste "system" it's just a divide and conquer bs, where are the rednecks in america situated on their "caste system", huh?.

That is not a caste

it's a social construct bro
don't think much about it

So they don't really exist?

it does but not really a thing among zoomers
it's gonna disappear real soon

It kinda does and doesnt, unless youre in some remote backward ass village where you have to take your sandals off and walk in front of a brahmins house with your bare feet or something like that.

Most people wont care too much but if youre some poor fuck no one will invite you to their home nor will parents want their kids to be friends with a kid who lives in the slums.

Its just poor vs rich but then again, youve seen some of the bob vegene guys and the people asking foreigners especially white people for a photo with them. Those types of people you wont change until they change. Until then it will be bob vegene, nice borat level shit.

So a untouchable can go to school and become a doctor or engineer and he will never face discrimination?

What caste are you?

>So a untouchable can go to school and become a doctor or engineer and he will never face discrimination
Our current President is a dalit.
The father of Indian constitution (Ambedkar) was also a dalit.

Interesting but it makes sense because they are elected politicians and untouchables are the majority.
But what about other non-politicians, like Bose the psysicist or the CEO of Google, what caste are they?

And how can you tell the caste of people, are they racial different?

>it's gonna disappear real soon
Then why stories about how people from higher castes bully or even murder dalits are still common in Indian media?

t.liberal urbanite zoomer.
Go to a village in Bihar and ask if the caste system is about to be abolished. lol
The lowest castes, tribes and OBC (other backward classes) recieve affirmative action to such a degree that some governmental positions are impossible to get if you're from a high caste background.

In rural areas, poor areas and the BIMARU states caste is a big deal, but it's more comparable to like a guild or a social class in 16-17th century Europe. If you were a priest you only hung out with priests, peasants only ate with peasants, sailors mostly lived with other sailor families and so on. It's not as much discrimination as it is class separatism with some religious traditions and taboos attached.

>It's not as much discrimination as it is class separatism with some religious traditions and taboos attached
I remember I read article in Indian newspaper how villagers did murder some dalit family because they kept using village's well after villagers prohibited them to do it.
Also I remember story happend in Delhi, where house owner did beat the uni student who rent the room because she (student) didn't say that she (student) is dalit.

Caste system is now very much like racial discrimination in the US, it exists on an individual level but the state tries to actively abolish it. There's quotas for lower caste people and they get to pay lesser fees in government institutes and colleges.

Untouchables aren't the majority, they're about 24%. Tribal (indigenous people) are about 16%. These form the most persecuted group in India.

It's falling apart pretty rapidly, the thing with caste is, even though there might be genetic differences amongst castes, today it's pretty hard to directly point out somebody's caste just by looking at them. Most people use surnames to figure it out.

My family was from a Brahmin caste in Bihar, but during the Communist violence, my parents decided to not opt for our family surname and instead gave me a caste-neutral surname since Communist rebels targeted upper castes.

It's not like the lower castes are innocent today, either. Communist Party of India (Maoist) is the 4th largest terror group in the world following ISIS. They usually target upper caste farms and estates in the rural areas.

I don't know the caste of any of my friends, and it would be considered very impolite to ask that question.

It's like Russians beating their wives after they had to much krokodil. It happens and it might even seem common if you're on the outside looking in, but it really isn't that common.
If you marry or sleep outside of your caste there will be a lot of problems, but renting a room isn't that big of a deal if you're not extremist.

why would they ask for a bob/vegene of a person who is outside of the castes i.e. a chandala

By the time zoomers began getting married, inter-caste marriages would become pretty common, they're already rising.

And Hindu Nationalists themselves have said the caste system was wrong. There's almost no institutional backing. It's just a system that's waiting to be killed off as newer generations replace the old.

if you take krokodil you are unlikely to have any wife, dude, do heroin addicts in your country have wives?

You're thinking that Indians think of caste all the time. They don't.

>It's like Russians beating their wives after they had to much krokodil
Lol, it's different. Low class people beating wife being drunk is only question of culture, here is no any discrimination.
Discrimination is when you point that Russians are beating wives under krokodil. And when you beat or murder or forbid to do something to person because he/she is belong to some caste or class.

sad

Yea an untouchable/dalit/etc etc lower caste can become anything in india. To be honest, in india its easier to get a seat or pass college/uni/job related stuff if youre lower class. The requirements are lower and there are reserved slots for them.

Say we attend college, the normal requirement is 80% but for some lower caste people it will be set at 65%.

All im saying is there are certain people in india, doesnt matter if theyre low caste or high caste or rich or poor. Their mentality is backward and theyre sexually immature, this is more of a problem with the society though. I wouldnt even say its a conservative society, its a repressive society. Im not saying people should be out fucking and having kids while theyre still in highschool but the mentality has to change. If someone sees you talking to a girl they think youre both gonna run away together & everyone will talk.

What caste are you?

>it's a thing of the past and we don't think about caste at all
>that being said we have terrorist attacks over it and it is such a personal thing that it is rude to ask even your friends about it
what ?
are you sure you are not trying to pass it off as less important than it is ? way i see it, it wouldn't be important if you were casual about it and didn't kill because of it

It's obviously important in politics, in daily life? Not so much in urban centres. Rural areas on the other hand still have caste segregation, but the government effectively gave a death blow to it by giving quotas to low caste people in village councils. Now even the most "superior" Brahmin is supposed to sit beside a dalit or a shudra and cannot ignore them since they have as much political power as him.

As for it being rude, casteism is considered politically incorrect. People have got suspended/fired from their job over casteist slurs and trying to talk about caste politics at workplace.

I'm in the ALPHA caste.
Deal with it, Western boys!

Attached: Jus.jpg (500x500, 86K)

I understand what you are saying about how it works out in practice but doesn't making it taboo make it even more of a problem ? I mean it sounds like a very touchy topic, people are censored or fired over it, there is probably a ton of resentment right
You compare it with political correctness in the west and look at the west, Trump is president of the USA, there is nothing that makes social issues blow up like censoring them historically

Do you have like pro-upper caste political parties and such ?

There is a feeling amongst upper castes that they're being discriminated against in the light of quotas etc. but unlike say whites in the West upper castes are not the majority (somewhere between 18-30% and decreasing). Almost all political parties will have to get the lower caste vote if they want to be successful.

There have been attempts at upper caste resistance in the form of organized militias back in the 70s-90s when the Communists began to rise. That quickly cooled down by the 2000s.

Calling yourself "pro-upper caste" would be considered political suicide in this country.

If you want to spend some time researching there has been a fuckload of population genetics work published on the peoples of the subcontinent.

Basically when we look at the data we infer that the castes have been pretty endogamous for millennia starting a few hundred years after the IVC collapsed, and this has preserved interethnic stratification with respect to shares of different ancestral components. Notably, many Indians have exogenous West Eurasian ancestry mediated via migration of Iranian farmers and nomads from the Pontic-Caspian steppe into the subcontinent. High caste North Indians tend to have a relatively large amount of steppe ancestry, and this component is thought to correspond with the Indo-Aryan pulses.

This is also why I have the same y haploshit as Pajeet. Pretty ebin eh