How is Native North American cuisine like?

How is Native North American cuisine like?

Attached: native-american-tribes-us-map-alphabetic-listing-of-native-american-indian-tribes-south-best-native- (2250x1631, 513K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25622940
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

non-existent

literally just corn and fish

grug light fire
???
profit

and BBQ

>A number of places have been named for the Miami nation. Miami, Florida is not named for the tribe, but the nearby Miami River, which is in turn named for the Mayaimi people.

Interesting

EXCUSE ME but how is this related to the whiteness of some group of people or to current political events???

you should know we don't discuss actual intercultural or international matters here.

There's a place in British Columbia that I go to that has a pretty decent native population. They eat salmon and make oil out of a fish called the eulachon, which is a delicacy. Never tried it though.

also this map is missing a lot of groups. I guess it would be nearly impossible to map all of them, but still

It depends on where they lived

Eskimos: fish, seals, whales
Coastal tribes: salmon
Plains Indians: bison meat, roots from the ground mashed into a porridge, pemican
Closer to Mexico: corn, beans

Attached: 601.jpg (657x527, 27K)

That's not where the Pequot live. Also all I know is out west they make some shit call fry bread, the east has succotash (corn and beans) and supposedly in the south BBQ. Also beef jerky is native.

Native American food.

Would you eat this?

Attached: Tsimshian food.jpg (640x426, 121K)

Depends. How do you like mouthwash straight from the bottle?

Pretty sure that is Javalina shit.
What is it really though?

They never developed any culture beyond a hunter-gatherer lifestyle, literally just ate whatever they killed, foraged.

Shoshone, Pomo, Mohave???

WTF??? What are those natives doing on Mexico's Aztlan???

Attached: Mexicans are proud of Mexico.jpg (910x1020, 174K)

>never developed any culture
what did he mean by this?

Depends. In Mexico, the Aztec ate tacos and tamales, for example. In northern Canada, berries and seal meat were staples.

Kek

Nice trips Satan.

Most were hunter gatherers with limited agriculture so wild game with seasonal berries, roots and things like corn and beans. It wasn't anything complex. If you are into a bland paleo diet you might like it.

I can't tell what it is but it doesn't look bad to me t b h.

They didn't develop agriculture or civilization like they did in Mexico and South America so it was simple but there was still regional variety.

Are those fish eggs?

they ate buffalo eyes and intestines

dead tradition

They used the entire damn Buffalo so of course they did.

>mfw witnessing it happen in real time

Attached: e3b.jpg (492x398, 28K)

Depends which tribe or region.

In Alaska they bury fish heads for a week, dig them up and eat them.

Attached: P8090051.jpg (1024x768, 179K)

The whole Inuit diet is ghoulish as fuck.

They only had fish and seal to eat, so I guess you have to get creative.

People in Greenland die for eating rotten fish

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25622940

Alot of fatty foods from big game. Game depends on where your from, up north here, it's mostly moose and rabbit as a staple where I'm from, but we have other deer occasionally and smaller fish from the lake too. Most of the time the fresh kills would be cooked up to feed whoever's around to eat, then the rest goes in the freezer. Most of the time half of our kill we'll just give to some other fa.m and friends and the rest of the meat that's not frozen would be dried meat.

As for cuisine/meals. lmao, just soups and stuff. Moose nose soup is pretty dope. Made a moose steak a month ago from the meat my cousin gave me. Roast elk is my go to. Can find veggies for meals from around the bush if your super lucky like for example; for a more "traditional" approach; wild onions grow in late spring, etc.
The most common prep method is to simply just dry the meat to last for a long time.
Also pemmican is tight af
or you know....just go to KFC down the road or some shit, idk
you can eat the liver straight out of most big game animals fresh from the kill tb.h f.am

Oh yeah totally. It's impressive. Just gruesome.

Which was the most based tribe and why was it the Sioux?

Attached: 4C208C86-A0D1-41B6-9AE2-367EEB9C7DCE.jpg (328x399, 46K)

Another Alaskan classic, "eskimo ice cream". Crisco, berries, and sugar.

Attached: DSC_0095.jpg (1600x1071, 223K)