Oh no no no

Oh no no no

Attached: Screenshot_20180928-143204.png (1080x1920, 311K)

Yikes

>There are more people learning Irish on Duolingo than there are native Irish speakers

>Japan has the longest average streak on Duolingo

>Did you know that Duolingo teaches two fictional languages? Klingon and High Valyrian.

More Americans are learning a language on Duolingo than in public schools.

>34 hours on Duolingo teaches as much as one semester of university

>15 minutes a day on Duolingo can teach you a new language. What can 15 minutes on Instagram do?

>Did you know our mission is to make learning fun and free?

Did I forget any?

>34 hours on Duolingo teaches as much as one semester of university
Probably not.

>Did you know our mission is to make learning fun and free?
Kek.

Attached: 9l4VTzgl.jpg (361x640, 22K)

yeah it doesn't
you have to get into the forums for that extra education

It's definitely true in my case. I took a Spanish class at uni and learned absolutely nothing despite maintaining a decent grade point average. I'm quite sure the professor didn't even speak Spanish (I caugh her lying for sure about speaking Italian).
I average 400xp points on Duolingo per day, that's maybe 30 minutes and I have been doing it for 14 days, so around 7 hours on Duolingo and I am already starting to successfully read children's books in French and follow along in /fr/ threads.
Duolingo isn't great for teaching you to speak a language I don't think, but it's working very well for reading and writing.

Should have bought a streak freeze for 10 lingots

Attached: 3e99effdff7c9a30990059e19aa2c426.jpg (550x453, 45K)

>lingots

Attached: 1411521730637.jpg (348x342, 16K)

Yes, lingots.

Attached: Screenshot_20180928-025237.png (1440x2560, 198K)

Is Duolingo a language learning website or an MMO?

Attached: 1385436657126.jpg (300x300, 9K)

a bit of both
they copied the "edumacation" grind-and-win system from Khanacademy, without the youtube videos

I think it's part of the "fun" they talk about. You get lingots easily and they don't sell them. There's only a few things you can buy.
>streak freeze
Allows one day of inactivity without losing your record
>Weekend amulet
Allows a weekend if inactivity without losing your record
>formal attire, track suit, superman suit
The little duolingo owl that pops up and says encouraging shit once in awhile has these clothes options
>wager
Gambling on your own success
>extra learning courses
French has 2 extra courses you can buy with lingots, idioms and flirting.

If you bought everything you can with lingots it would be like 200 lingots and you get around 20 per day so it's really nothing. After a week and a half there is nothing left to "buy" except streak freezes.

>Allows one day of inactivity without losing your record
>Allows a weekend if inactivity without losing your recor
Doesn't that kind of defeat the point of routine revision?

>The little duolingo owl that pops up and says encouraging shit once in awhile has these clothes options
Do you have avatars of something?

>Gambling on your own success
What does that mean?

Attached: 315615165156.gif (350x186, 241K)

The streak just lets you know that you are consistently maintaining your daily goals. If you get busy or something and miss a day you can buy a streak freeze and maintain your streak. Again though, they are totally arbitrary and in no way effect the courses.

I don't know what you mean by avatars. When you set up your profile you select a picture if you want. Mine is a little dancing bear, most people just use their own picture or nothing. The Duolingo mascot is an owl (wisdom/education). If you get a few questions correct in a row he pops on screen and says your awesome, if you get a few wrong in a row he pops up and tells you not to get discouraged.

The wager allows you to bet 5 lingots that you will get a 5 day streak. If you do you get 10 lingots, you can also double or nothing for 10 lingots over 10 days, then you get 20. It's all quite pointless though since lingots are basically useless unless once you buy the 2 extra courses or if you care about what the owl wears.
There are achievement awards things, but they are also pointless. It's things like "complete a course before 8am" or "spend 50 lingots" or "complete a lesson with no mistakes." After only 14 days I have almost all of the available achievement awards.

I see.

Attached: まり_005.png (525x591, 131K)

>no Arabic
Sad

Dunno how you could learn Arabic on duo lingo anyway

the absolute state of Sweden

>refugees come and don't assimilate
bad
>Refugees come and assimilate
bad

let in more refugees then mate

nah fuck niggers