Jobs/Careers General

>"Hey, I haven't been to Jow Forums in a while, wonder what they're up to?"

>"They have a business and finance board now, that's cool"

>It's literally all crypto shit

Anyone here actually involved in banking and finance? I'm in risk management/BSA compliance

Attached: download_20180503_134341.png (1000x676, 989K)

Nice for you faggot

nah man you either come here to laugh at the retards that didn't sell the top every once in a while or you actually are one
pretty much a dead board

I'm going back to school in the fall and I want a comfy office job where I can just manage markets and money, at a place like Edward Jones or something. Should an economics degree set me up for this?

My other thought is business administration with a focus on finance

just buy a tesla drive 2 mars

any 30 year old boomers around? i'm 35 and i feel my brain is less sharper than my 20s. not just brain fog. less stamina to sit through and write reports to.
is this the same for coders and other knowledge workers?

shit man im thinking of doing masters in risk management after i get my BA Bsc.

I am not that great at math tho. Is a strong Economic / Financial education required for Risk management? Or can i just go into it after my bachelors?

thanks user

yes :(

Risk Management is mostly stat/math unfortunately especially if you end up dealing with structured finance products like MBS/ABS

There is reason why Silicon Valley VCs love naive & young coders

"Risk management"? Sounds like a good way to stay poor. Want to be rich AF you got to take risks, not "manage" them.

35 Stat/Data Analyst.

After lots of contemplation, aborted the route to finance/CFA. High finance is very 'fluffy' for my taste. I love accounting-anchored stock valuation and research. Hence, choosing Accounting/CPA + economics route targeting to open a stock/investment advisory shop later.

Bump.

How will you tell the difference between smart risk and stupid risk?

He's talking about reputational risks that banks face if they allow certain individuals to open accounts

33 year old boomer here. feel like an utter retard compared to when i was in my early 20s. i think social media and smartphones really fucked up my attention span. hopefully in 10-15 years there are nootropics that allow us to regain that mental sharpness. i'm thinking life will be really incredible for people who have money over the next couple decades, way more so than previous generations.

whos the qt3.14 in the back?

1% per day trading is done with risk management, do this 365 days a year with a few thousand and you're loaded.

Undergrad was in humanities. I got this position after bouncing around between a few contract positions in banking. Just work hard and people will notice, job market has been picking up the past couple of years

Thats what fucked you up in the first place brainlet. Lemme guess. You consume caffeine. Thats problem number 1. How anyone thinks its beneficial to artificially stimulate their CNS every morning is beyond me.

>he doesn't network during coffee breaks

this is why you're stuck in entry level positions

fuck you guys and your office jobs, I just don't see the appeal. honestly it's to each his own though, I have a friend that worked hard fuckin' labor until 30, then finally got a job in insurance and loves it.

I do troubleshooting/engineering/programming at industrial plants. get to see different shit, not always in the office, meet new people. I enjoy it.

i love you man

Guys, can you please talk about crypto? None of this wagecuck bullshit. Thank you very much. Hope you understand.

Bitch I'm still in college. My job in the military doesn't exist in the civilian world.

Good for you fag

I'm studying business administration with an emphasis in international business right now, and your second thought is spot on. Economics degrees are vague and not very sought after. The BA major with an emphasis in finance is definitely a way to get to that job.

You alright there frend?

>not just buying decafe or nothing at all

boomer here, I found switching to distilled water and avoiding corn syrup etc cures that. Cos you're serious ancient now all of the bad habits start to compound and result in feeling generally exhausted and useless.

I also found that my body started to fail due to years of injuries, my cure to all boomer related issues was to get my back treated properly which fixed my knees and hip injuries.

Any advice from the boomers to someone in their early twenties?

I'd also advise that you guys start changing your habits and actually start motivating yourself to work out before you're goddamn 40. Stop looking at the younger crowd as if you missed out, you're fucking yourselves up.

hows the jewish cock taste?

enterprise cloud sales here. this place is an absolute shithole but it made me 6 figures in gains last year so it's hard to let it go. those days are over for good but you can still find some gems here and there once you learn how to filter out the newfags and discord pajeets. the neet vs wagie threads are also highly entertaining.

financial advisors are basically just sales people dude. I have friends at Jones that don't know shit about finance they basically just hunt for wealthy clients all day every day

Yea, take back safety seriously. Lift with your legs and if it says use two people use two people.

Trust me I'm listening to that. I've been working at a major shipping company for the past four years as a material handler, I'm 23. I got fired two weeks ago for being late. I was their best asset since I was an operations administrator for them every winter. They jewed me cause I broke my back for them when I had started out, and I wish I had paid attention to my back health more often. It's not in a bad way atm but I have a minor nerve problem.

What do you do specifically? I'm looking for a job like this. I switched my major from bio to IT and I'm weighing my options.

IT would be a good jumping point into industrial controls, which is what I do. I design/program/troubleshoot industrial controls, which mostly involves programming PLCs (programmable logic controllers..basically very expensive compuers) and HMIs (human machine interfaces, basically very expensive touchscreens to make things happen in a factory, like turning on a pump).

you can't really study this kind of stuff, just find a company that is willing to hire you. be willing to learn and show that. look for "industrial controls", "plc", "controls engineer", etc.

manufacturing is bigger than people think in the US and this job isn't going anywhere. it's much cheaper to have a domestic person commission and start-up a plant than it is to have a foreign person do the same thing.

>crypto shit
Just leave then.
The asteroids are coming and your dinosaur job will be replaced by a smart contract.

Thanks for the reply, I'll definitely be looking into this.

My managers were shit-tier (my facility was literally less than 3 minutes away from Kodak Black's neighborhood, Golden Acres). I was able to get accustomed to most of the applications/programs that they presented me with. They even put me in the control room when we were short and I had no problem managing that/other machinery.

What degree do you have?

well youve been out of school for like like decade and youre prob fat as well

>when betas pretend to be Chads on a anonymoose Mongorian sexy shaddow puppets agora

Attached: 1502166612536.png (396x438, 233K)

>compliance

HAHHAHA

all you do is hit check boxes. Get the fuck out of here 'finance expert'

Hey OP, are we due for another financial meltdown? What does your risk management skills point towards in the coming 2 or 3 years as far as overall u.s. financials is concerned?