The US will lose more GDP than China in a global trade war

ecb.europa.eu/pub/economic-bulletin/focus/2018/html/ecb.ebbox201806_01.en.html

A recent simulation by the European Central Bank showed that under a 10% US tariff on all imports and equivalent retaliation from other countries, the US would suffer a greater GDP loss from trade and consumer/investor confidence than China would.

Attached: 1537827734162.jpg (730x413, 52K)

Doubt it.

No shit, really?

cringe

I trust the European Central Bank over a basement-dwelling virgin on Jow Forums who has cheetos stuck in his double chin because he hasn't moved his fatass from the computer in over a week.

WHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHA WHITIES

Fuck back to china

Doubt it.

Wow what amazing analysis. Did you also see brexit boosting the U.K. gdp? Brilliant intellectual that you are.

i doubt your doubts

Doubt it.

i doubt your doubts of the doubts

Doubt it.

doesn't matter. Americans are kind of retarded in the sense that if the narrative is them being attacked, they won't mind suffering as long as they think they are inflicting their opponent more damage. the political narrative that this administration is setting is that China has cheated them and they deserve punishment. even going against any studied and reasonable response won't stop trump supporters from supporting the trade war.i think this trade war will last a long time and we'll see that global logistics and distribution will have to adjust to the new and long reality.

Attached: 1538211993417.jpg (214x233, 14K)

Attached: i-am-not-saying-white-people-are-dumb-but-white-people-are-dumb.jpg (480x360, 88K)

Doubt it.

most of the traditional US allies, like Germany and India, have a much higher trade volume with China than with the US. I wonder if this is the beginning of the downfall now that these countries will side with China to protect their economic interests.

I mean Trump alienating the EU surely didn't help

>allies
we are more a vassal state

Fake News,
EU hates trump so they will make up lies

Based.

>trump insults eu nonstop
>calls them bad like china
>eu hates trump
no shit, i wonder why the eu hates trump so much

chinks Gdp believer is funny

This. Soros probably wrote the publication himself.

european leaders were talking shit about trump before he even won
thats how you fagots roll

Mutts are not used to the idea of their "allies" not blindly agreeing to whatever they say. It scares them

it doesn't prevent them to be his bitches

>most of the traditional US allies, like Germany and India, have a much higher trade volume with China than with the US
Well of course, China has an export based economy whereas the US does not. The biggest problem with an export based economy is that if people arent buying, you arent makin, and if you arent making, mass unemployment and political unrest follow.

> I wonder if this is the beginning of the downfall now that these countries will side with China to protect their economic interests.
Protecting economic interests is complex. Countries will put full protection before they put deals and investments at stake, in short, countries wont swap allegiances to China simply because they trade with them more, if thats the case, a huge amount of countries all around the world would have already done so. Instead, countries will favor whoever can confirm that the international trade lanes gets protected both during and not during wartime, in this case, the United States, as they're the only ones capable of patrolling them.

As Alfred Mahan would say, "whoever rules the waves, rules the world".

Attached: _103552677_us_china_timeline_sept18-nc[1].png (640x637, 20K)

So what. You're #1 forever. You're always with lots of decent cunts.

TPP is a good way to press down China.
Why did Trump kick it away?

Attached: trans-pacific-partnership-tpp-trade-deal.jpg (1200x883, 306K)

The European man and the Asian man stand together!

Attached: BA85405C-8B64-4BFC-81C5-ECC4E7BAD607_cx0_cy5_cw0_w1023_r1_s.jpg (1023x575, 65K)

>China has an export based economy whereas the US does not
The USA is at around 13% of GDP being generated from exports. China is at around 22%. The USA and China are also the largest mutual trading partners in the world.

>You're #1 forever
Ease up their Billy Bob.

based and redpilled

blupilled cucks

Attached: Amermutts.png (1391x1042, 126K)

>trusting credible sources
>always ask for sources and believe in statistics
the brainwashing is working well

No fucking way.

I don't get it? It seems a little stupid but what's so insanely dumb about it?

Sorry, what do you mean by “their Billy Bob”?

Who cares

You will.

Trump should tarrif smartphones. That would make americans care.

>The USA is at around 13% of GDP being generated from exports. China is at around 22%.
The US, the worlds second largest exporter, at $1.3T, has an export worth 47% less than Chinas export worth. The difference between the US at 2nd and China at 1st is the same difference between the US at 2nd and NZ at 54th.

Its also worth noting that a large margin of US exports go through NAFTA. Chinas exports have a larger market, but a less complexity of products.

My fat burger ass is too ignorant to know or care what is going on in the world

good boy

That's not a good thing

Based

Why exactly won’t the trade war end in 2-6 years?

>Well of course, China has an export based economy whereas the US does not.
Chinese exports are 18% of their GDP.
U.S. exports are 14% of GDP.

Meanwhile Japanese/German/Dutch/Spanish/Korean exports are 60%+ of GDP.

Not sure where you get “export dependent” from. Chinese exports to the USA are only 2% of their GDP.

That is leaving out the $500 billion US companies sell in China each year.

Can we just nuke china and instantly erase our nation debt?

Speak english, you fucking illiterate

No because then they would nuke you

lol with their handful of nukes? we could just shoot those down

He probably mistook 350kph for 350mph

No? They'd all be dead from being nuked you idiot lol

in my opinion, it could end when trump's administration is up. but i'm making the assumption that the current administrations narrative passes to the acceding administration. I don't think China will capitulate and neither will Trump.

your GMD is not reliable enough to stop ICBM's. spare us the bravado.

didn't you read the F35 crashed today? Chinese tech is better than American tech in the 21st century, admit it.

How is a plane crash supposed to be a sign of shitty tech? Parts fail on everything

You don't win a nuclear war

Did anyone actually read it? Did you OP? Of course America would loose more GDP if we tarriffed _everyone_ while China did not get a tariff. The basis for this argument is ridiculous.

Attached: quiet.jpg (203x303, 14K)

Loool bruh you're fucking braindead baka im dead lmaoo

I don't think so